Customize

Riverside County Activists call for Investigations of INT Base Abuses

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by avbb, Dec 17, 2009.

1. MarlieK Member

Re: Riverside County Activists call for Investigations of INT Base Abuses

So we need to work on whittling down their monetary funds & income.
  2. themadhair Member

The difference is that in both cases the government were completely unaware of the potential result. These are lessons of the past that should help any future action not turn into a bloodbath.
  3. _You_ Member

And mind you most of the times cults cause death and destruction because governments overlook warning signs - Heaven's Gate, Aum, etc. etc. One might even say that Jonestown and Waco shows that governments should act sooner than they did in those cases - and with better preparation.
  4. Re: Riverside County Activists call for Investigations of INT Base Abuses

Yep, I agree. It appears to be a press release - which isn't a bad idea. It would actually be cool if something like this got spread around the news services, although I question a couple of small points. One, and I admit I don't know everything, but I'm not aware if a complaint actually has been filed with the Riverside Grand Jury, so it may be overstating to include them. And two, the last sentence, "Investigations have been initiated and are ongoing." - that needs to be a true statement if you're going to include it in the press release. In the first sentence you state investigations have been called for. That is an accurate statement. Unless you have evidence that one of the legal agencies you mentioned has indeed opened an investigation, you may want to soften the last line to something more like: Criminal investigations similar to those currently underway in Australia, France, and Belgium are being pursued.

Otherwise, bombs away! Kudos to anonymous activist. This is hot!
  5. _You_ Member

Well in the case of Jonestown it was not the US gov. and it is unclear of what the local gov. knew. They did know it was a heavily guarded compound and the Congressman Leo Ryan had already been shot to death, granted it was part of the build up.

In Waco, it is believed they were trying to stop something before it happened that later turned out to be turned on it's ear but they went in with prepared for a shoot out.

Cults like Heaven's Gate and Ahm Shynrico both had beliefs that there would be a saving event. In HG they believed the planet was going to be destroyed and they had to kill themselves to join the rescue ship. With Ahm they believed the world had to be destroyed so it could be reborn.

But basically with scientology their "end of the world scenario" from what I understand is (from a Stacy Brooks comment) that they need to destroy the world with their mental powers (OTVII) body thetan by body thetan.

But the main difference between HG and Ahm are that the leaders were not in danger of being removed. This was the case in both Jonestown and Waco. So the question that I assume gov. psych's will ask themselves is "Does Miscavige have a big enough ego to R2-45 everyone around him to prevent the ultimate exposure of Scientology. - my guess is that it is a coin toss.
  6. Smurf Member

Last year, several ex-Scios and myself spent alot of time, effort and our own funds reaching out to the Hispanic/ Latino community, it's political representatives, church groups, etc. to inform them of the cult's endeavor to take advantage of gullible Hispanics marketing their books and services.

Every year, at Winter Wonderland, hundreds, if not thousands, of Hispanic families & children visit the exhibit and as our videos showed, many of the children were bussed to the exhibit from the Author Service's parking lot. The SoCal anons that raid on Saturday will likely observe this.

The point is that no one listened or cared what we had to say... here we were spilling out hearts trying to make a large ethnic community aware they were being deceived & manipulated by very practiced scam artists for a global cult who saw them as idiots with large wallets & purses, played on their distrust of the government & authorities, and that their efforts were a slap in the face to the Hispanic community because they were perceived by the cult as a gullible minority that could be sucked dry for $$$ if the cards were played right.

No one listened. No action was taken. I wouldn't be surprised in the coming months, the cult doesn't take up the cause of undocumented immigrants in California as yet another step towards taking advantage of the Hispanic community and sucking them for more $$$.
  7. 3rdMan Member

Out of curiosity, did you and the group have a strong knowledge of the culture of these hispanic communities/people? One of the problems I have encountered in outreach is cultural differences can get in the way. If one lacks knowledge of context or culture of a community(ies), it can present a major problem when trying to make allies or present information. I'm just wondering if cultural differences was a factor.
  8. _You_ Member

First, good job for trying Smurf, but second that isn't the FBI, the federal gov. or even the Riverside area that showed you the door, and it is also not as recent as what this report talking about.
  9. whoever Member

No, we should not all go home now. We should keep doing what we are doing. This post from ESMB should have no effect on what we do one way or the other.

Anyone can be an "activist." Anyone can ask the Riverside County sheriff, the DA, etc., to investigate Gold. The fact that some unnamed person has asked a bunch of different people/agencies to investigate Gold doesn't mean squat. We need to know more (particularly about the investigations that are said to have been initiated) before we can say whether this is news or not.
  10. _You_ Member

It might be that it was posted on ESMB for OSA's benefit - to alert them to the situation and prompt OSA to do something silly. Or maybe to create a distraction for something happening elsewhere. Me saying that doesn't help OSA but it might help you not to expect that every rumor turns out to be true.