Customize

Riots in Ferguson, Missouri after police shoot Michael Brown

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by The Wrong Guy, Aug 10, 2014.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

Federal investigators are leaking details to discredit Michael Brown because cop who killed him will NOT be charged, claims ex-St Louis police chief

• Retired St. Louis Police Chief Tim Fitch made controversial claims
    • Believes federal authorities are behind recent Darren Wilson jury leaks
    • Leaks are to ensure the public is prepared for Wilson not being charged
    • Also claims that if Wilson's version is correct then grand jury have no choice
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wn-case-know-darren-wilson-won-t-charged.html
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Your wellcome.
  3. The Wrong Guy Member

Lisa Bloom @LisaBloom · 3h 3 hours ago
    70+ days later, we still don't have Officer Wilson's account of what happened, only hints at it from hearsay leaks. Total lack of transparency.

Shaun King @ShaunKing · 2h 2 hours ago
    Has ANY government official addressed the constant leaks from the investigation?

Shaun King @ShaunKing · 2h 2 hours ago
    Out of one side of his mouth, @GovJayNixon says he wants progress in Ferguson. Out of the other he campaigns for the man who stands against it.

Tef Poe/FootKlan @TefPoe · 55m 55 minutes ago
    The Jay Nixon Twitter storm has started. Please join us!

https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q=GovJayNixon
    • Like Like x 2
  4. rof Member

I'm not being at the top of this page.

I'm sure the cops are watching.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. I think that the folks there don't give a shit about Mr. Brown they just needed an excuse to rob and kill people just for the hell of it.

What do you guys think?
    Johnny_Reb_1865
    This message by Johnny_Reb_1865 has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
  6. Anonymous Member

What folks? Other than Brown who has been killed?
  7. RavenEyes Member

lol'd
    • Like Like x 1
  8. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  9. Oooh that's going to get ugly very fast.

Picard-facepalm.jpg
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. "What folks? Other than Brown who has been killed?"

The people braking into people's homes and looting them are using this as an excuse to loot.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Disambiguation Global Moderator

You're
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Anonymous Member

Dox?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Johnny if you go through this thread or google search something like 'police deaths st.louis MO race protest " you will see who other than Michael Brown has been killed.
    Ferguson is a town with a high crime rate and criminals loot, your mistake is to confuse criminals with protesters.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Disambiguation Global Moderator

hCB12EF60.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Hugh Bris Member

Welcome :p
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Fine.

You're Welcome.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. "Johnny if you go through this thread or google search something like 'police deaths st.louis MO race protest " you will see who other than Michael Brown has been killed.
    Ferguson is a town with a high crime rate and criminals loot, your mistake is to confuse criminals with protesters."

It was my understanding that there is a lot of looting going on.

I'll look into it some more, my mistake.

Thanks for that.
  18. whosit Member

Boy, don't you feel like an asshole now. Silly thing when the "Gentle giant" tries to pull the cop's gun on him.

Good luck with that.
    whosit
    This message by whosit has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  19. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. The Wrong Guy Member

Justice Department condemns Ferguson leaks as effort to influence opinion | LA Times

A Justice Department spokeswoman responded in a statement to the Los Angeles Times: “The department considers the selective release of information in this investigation to be irresponsible and highly troubling. Since the release of the convenience-store footage, there seems to be an inappropriate effort to influence public opinion about this case.”

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-ferguson-leaks-20141022-story.html
    • Like Like x 3
  21. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  22. Hugh Bris Member

23. Sekee Member

But ham acted like a pantomime.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  25. rof Member

lol war with whites.

Guess what, you always lose.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  26. The Wrong Guy Member

Vonderrit Myers’ family releases autopsy, lawyers say findings conflict with police reports | St. Louis American

Vonderrit D. Myers Jr. was shot eight times, mostly on the back of the legs and one fatal shot to the side of the head, according to a private autopsy report.

Myers’ family hired pathologist Dr. Cyril H. Wecht to conduct a study of the gun wounds from Oct. 8, when Myers was shot and killed by an off-duty St. Louis Metropolitan Police officer.

Six bullets struck Myers on the rear part of his body and the other two were “not directly frontal,” Wecht said. One shot hit him on the right side of the face, between the eyebrow and the ear. Another shot struck him on the side of his left thigh.

Wecht said he did not know the order in which the wounds were inflicted. However, he said the head wound would have rendered him unconscious immediately.

Jermaine Wooten , one of the family’s lawyers, said the report’s findings – showing almost all shots from behind – contradict the story of the police officer, who has not been identified. Wooten said police representatives have told them that Myers was facing the officer the entire time.

Wooten said Myers had to have been facing away from the officer for the first shots because he could not have endured the two shots to the side and remained standing. The head wound rendered him unconscious and the shot to his left thigh shattered his femur, dropping him immediately.

Wooten said eye witnesses have said that Myers was unarmed when the officer, a 32-year-old white male with six years on the force, fired 17 shots at him.

The lawyers met with the police department’s medical examiner Dr. Michael Graham, who said Myers’ DNA does not appear on the gun that Myers was allegedly carrying.

“If he had been carrying the gun, it would have had his DNA,” Wooten said.

The medical examiner’s full report won’t be complete for another couple months, Wooten said.

Source:
    http://www.stlamerican.com/news/local_news/article_aaaa0b5c-5b11-11e4-8b2c-ffa5bf7c7d4b.html
    • Like Like x 2
  27. The Wrong Guy Member

This was streamed live today by the Columbia Journalism School. On the video, the broadcast starts at 21 minutes 30 seconds.

#Ferguson: Reporting a Viral Story

Tow Center panel moderated by Tow Center director Emily Bell and featuring Antonio French @AntonioFrench, Alderman in St. Louis; Alice Speri @alicesperi, Reporter for VICE News (CUJ '10 ); and Zeynep Tufekci @zeynep, Sociologist and Assistant Professor at the University of North Carolina.
    • Like Like x 2
  28. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  29. The Wrong Guy Member

Police prepare for grand jury decision in Ferguson | The Associated Press

Missouri police have been brushing up on constitutional rights and stocking up on riot gear to prepare for a grand jury's decision about whether to charge a white police officer who fatally shot a black 18-year-old in suburban St. Louis.

The preparations are aimed at avoiding a renewed outbreak of violence during the potentially large demonstrations that could follow an announcement of whether Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson will face a criminal trial for the Aug. 9 death of Michael Brown.

Continued here:
    http://news.yahoo.com/missouri-police-preparing-grand-jury-decision-051622135.html
    • Like Like x 1
  30. meep meep Member

Grand juries are supposed to be a way for the people to effect the courts. That's why the standard of proof in lower than in court.
    Lol sure.
  31. The Wrong Guy Member

Statements on Leak Discredited in Interview with Forensic Expert | Argus Streaming News

The leaks to the media that have fueled the fire of debate and outrage over the shooting death of Mike Brown by Ferguson, MO police officer, Darren Wilson, have kept a key element absent from the narrative. That element is that the sources of the leaks are not identified and the information is not factual until all the evidence is presented either to the public or in trial should an indictment be issued by the grand jury.

Dr. Judy Melinek, a forensic pathologist in San Francisco, said in a statement to STLToday that the autopsy "supports the fact that this guy is reaching for the gun, if he has gunpowder particulate material in the wound." She added, "If he has his hand near the gun when it goes off, he's going for the officer's gun."

However, earlier today Argus Streaming News spoke with James G. Taylor, Jr ., M.D., a professor of forensic pathology and Medical Director of Autopsy and Forensic Services at LSU. Dr. Taylor stated, "based on what was released, this only shows that his hand may have been in the proximity of the gun." "The victim could have been attempting to deflect the weapon if it was being pointed at him." Dr. Taylor also told ASN that this was one of multiple scenarios that could have played out in the police vehicle. In response to the statement made by Dr. Judy Melinek, she said that Mike Brown was difinitively "going for the gun". Dr. Taylor said that he could not disagree more.

During a court trial, the defense and the prosecution would bring expert opinions to testify as to what the evidence points to in the case of the shooting. In the trial the jury would hear both testimonies and decide what version of the events best fits with the forensic evidence presented by both sides.

Continued here:
    http://www.argusnewsnow.com/story/2...ed-in-interview-with-forensic-expert/125.html
    • Like Like x 3
  32. The Wrong Guy Member

I went to Ferguson to protect the protesters. I got arrested instead.

By Justin Hansford, Vox

The thing about jail is there is nothing to do. The novelty wears off after about five minutes. My cell was maybe 10-feet long and 8-feet wide, with a toilet, a faucet, and a sink. On the right was a metal bunk bed, and on the left was a third bed. Everything was made of cold metal. The mattress was thin and hard and worn and musky.

I'd been arrested earlier that day at a Walmart in Maplewood, Missouri, about 10 miles outside of Ferguson. I was there as part of Ferguson October, a historic, inspiring, and exhausting weekend of protests against the killing of Mike Brown and the pattern of racialized police violence that spawned it. I had been engaged in this struggle for months. At this particular moment, though, I wasn't a protester or participant — I was a legal observer. But just like the nationally recognized journalists who have been arrested in Ferguson while fulfilling their professional duties, I found that no tradition of professional courtesy could save me from the urge to squelch political dissent.

I had until then never even seen the inside of a jail cell, not even for a field trip.

I am a law professor who teaches human rights law and race and the law, and I participated in Ferguson October because I couldn't look at myself in the mirror if I didn't contribute what I could to this movement taking place 10 minutes from my home. As a legal observer, I was hoping to document (and maybe, by my presence, prevent) police brutality against protesters. Local Walmarts were selected as protest sites to amplify the connection between the killing of John Crawford, which took place at a Walmart in Ohio, and the killing of Mike Brown. Both are case studies in police impunity, the criminalization of black youth, and the logical consequence of the two: police too often feel that instead of simply patrolling black and brown communities, they can go hunting in them, without punishment.

Continued here:
    http://www.vox.com/2014/10/24/7033567/ferguson-protest-arrested-michael-brown
    • Like Like x 3
  33. Hugh Bris Member

• Like Like x 1
  34. meep meep Member

35. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  36. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 3
  37. Hugh Bris Member

Dr. Melinek's blog
    http://pathologyexpert.blogspot.com/
    She's saying the reporters lied through their teeth about what she said. She addresses the issue on her blog post.