Customize

Resources: my email to a reporter

Discussion in 'Education, Research and Inside Reports' started by xenubarb, Mar 31, 2009.

1. xenubarb Member

Resources: my email to a reporter

Lesson here; NEVER ASK ME ABOUT SCIENTOLOGY!!!
    I sent this note to a reporter in response to an article he wrote about Jeff and Lori Stone:

He wrote me back, asking for my phone number so he could ask me about Scientology. I sent him this today:

I'm posting this as a resource for any other reporters who might wander through, as well as for anons who might benefit. Humbly tendered as a gift to Mankind, etc, etc.
  2. pwnon Member

Re: Resources: my email to a reporter

Jesus. I've never been so torn before. Part of me wants to tl;dr and the other part is shouting THIS PERTAINS TO MY INTERESTS.

Good letter though, thoroughly detailed. Now if only I could get any of the media in our area to give a shit. They're too concerned with "Unsolved murders" and "police corruption" and "economic crisis".
  3. ClingingMars Member

pretty much this. lots of great information in this letter, but is it too much that reporters will just glance it over?
  4. anon4eva Member

Xenubarb, I think any reporter who is serious about a story or even curious, will indeed read it.
    It is very well written and held my attention the whole way through, and is loaded with useful links making it easy to continue researching. I am going to copy-pasta-(taking out the references to another reporter and previous contact with you) And forward to some other media contacts, locally and nationally. Thanks for writing it, and I hope you get the response we ALL hope you do!!
  5. LocalSP Member

Great job xenubarb.
  6. xenubarb Member

Well, yeah, except this guy emailed me seeking information. If he's serious, he will pursue what he needs to look at for whatever story he has in mind.

Also, with this pile of info to sift through, he won't need to call me. I prefer not to take point and stick a target on my back. Got enough of that already.

Oh, wait...I'm supposed to be an ego fag, according to some in the TD. Whatev, I will brace for epic article from this reporter.
  7. anonymous1312 Member

Lori Stone's email address pertains to my interests - could you post it Xenubarb?
  8. nightfire Member

Barb thank you for this. I will be using it here soon, seeing if I can get the labor stuff covered in my local news.
  9. xenubarb Member

LoriStone@rcbos.org
  10. Relyt Member

Wow, Barb. No wonder RFW has two pages on you, hehe.
  11. T.W.C_Anon Member

I see what you did there :D
  12. TinyDancer Member

My God~! I've made anonymous donations at my church. Jeff Stone must have been referring to ME!

Excellent, excellent communication, Barb.
  13. moarxenu Member

Thanks for the encouragement to keep on writing long emails to reporters lol.

This is invaluable background for me about Keith Henson and the history of protesting at Gold Base. It saved me time to have to go read a lot of stuff. Great email.
  14. nonentity Member

Not actually breaking news, so moved to Inside Reports.
  15. q_p Member

Now there is the basis to a great idea. Produce a booklet on "Jeff Stone" as Xenubarb has suggested, compiling "true" information on "Jeff Stone" that doesn't paint a very pretty picture. Then take it to the next council meeting and show him how unwise it is to rely only on information compiled by an organization about their own enemies.
  16. Ann O'Nymous Member

Starting with this ? http://forums.whyweprotest.net/249-goldbase/fact-checking-stone-march-family-41430/