Customize

Research /r/: Scilons picketing residences

Discussion in 'Education, Research and Inside Reports' started by Anonymous, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

Research /r/: Scilons picketing residences

Looking for instances of Scientologists picketing the personal residences of critics and/or ex-members.

I have documentation on the following already:

Mark Bunker
    Dr. John Clark

If you have dox on any similar residential picketing on the part of Scientologists or a Scilon front group, it would be appreciated. Usable dox would be pix, court documents, articles from news outlets of good reputation, and video.

Leads that could help locate dox including names and dates are also appreciated.

Thx.
  2. themadhair Member

Re: Research /r/: Scilons picketing residences

I think Bob Minton got picketed too.
  3. Your Mom Member

Jeff Jacobsen was also picketed.
  4. Re: Research /r/: Scilons picketing residences

Some Anon had it happen, I can't remember who. Got it on film though. Was it AO?
  5. terryeo2 Member

ethercat from ATL was picketed in 1999

6. themadhair Member

Dave Touretzky had was picketed on his campus.
  7. XenuLovesU Member

Both of these women have had Scientology protesters outside of their house in the SF Bay Area, between 1990 and 2000:

Kristi Watcher (who runs the truthaboutscientology web site)
    "Realpeach"

Tom Gorman Interview transcript

Tommy Gorman was one of the people protesting against them while he was still in Scientology. You can probably get some first-hand info from him.
  8. Anonymous Member

Thank you for all leads. Anon Delivers! Could a mod add to OP?

I have added the following to the list :

Bob Minton
    Kristi Wachter
    Keith Henson
    Greg Hagglund
    Jeff Jacobsen (still looking for docs, have several accounts)
    Deana Holmes (still need dox on this, have several personal accts from event)

also added:
    ethercat's vid
  9. RHill Member

Jon Atack, 1994:
    Victims Who Are Fair Game (Scientology in the UK Media)
    Scientologists picket house
    Scientologists picket Jon Atack's home

Also:
    Drivers angered at signs - Framingham, MA - The MetroWest Daily News
    Not about what you are asking specifically, but surely of interest: Frank Notaro, also subdued by Scientology's guards, was not picketing residences, and yet, the guards jumped on him while he was on public property:
  10. Scammed Member

Wikinews interviews Jeff Jacobsen, creator of LisaMcPherson.org - Wikinews, the free news source

Jeff Jacobsen says "I've been deposed 3 times by Scientology attorneys. My home has been picketed. My business has been picketed twice. In Clearwater I was followed sometimes daily by PIs [Private investigator]. Lynn Farney yelled at me "we will raid you and sue you! You are on notice!" after one deposition. I've had my neighborhood leafleted with flyers calling me a bigot. What keeps me going is that Scientology hurts people. When they stop hurting people, I'll stop bugging them."
  11. Your Mom Member

From Jeff's site:
    Scientology pickets Jeff
    http://www.lisamcpherson.org/meretal.htm
  12. CantPickaName Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjeS6sNBFqw&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Scientology: The Revenge Picket[/ame]
  13. CantPickaName Member

yep...they came on his property and he fired a shotgun over their heads
  14. Jeff Jacobsen Member

15. Anonypeg Member

Gregg Hagglund (Youtube user TorontoSP) got picketed various times from 1997 to 2001. Just audio and still pics:

16. Anonymous Member

AO and also Reylt IIRC
  17. Optimisticate Member

Please do not forget Shawn Lonsdale
  18. me57 Member

Shawn may He R.I.P.sosad He is not here to see the sci-cult lose
  19. Relyt Member

AO's RV was picketed on private property. He called the cops and they told the scilons to leave.
  20. Anonymous Member

They didn't picket my home, but they flyered the neighborhood several times.. one time i caught them on video and confronted them, fwiw.
  21. the anti Member

wow, seems more people had that happen then i thought. i wonder what stone will think after seeing this? and the rest of riverside county?
  22. Relyt Member

I wasn't picketed, but my street was fliered.
  23. Optimisticate Member

I believe the Galactic Confederation Goddess of Gold Pickets has had this happen.
  24. Scammed Member

Has Jeff Stone seen Hubbard's quotes about what he thinks of the police?
  25. the anti Member

same with me and a lot of us, i think we should count the flyering as protest in front of our homes.

let everyone know they don't like being protested against, but they don't mind doing just that to anyone else. gee, what do you call that again?
  26. Jeff Jacobsen Member

Dennis Erlich's home was picketed in Glendale, CA, and his parents in Palm Springs, CA.

Priscilla Coates' home was picketed in Glendale, CA.

Many people have been picketed at their places of work too.
  27. pacora Member

During public comment, each speaker has 3 minutes. Why not put a thirty minute DVD together of the various protests against protestor homes, by the very people who requested Stone introduce 884, and have ten people present it at the board meeting.

Ordinance 884 was introduced and passed for the benefit of one group who wants to apply a double standard.

KEEP GOING TO THE MEETINGS DURING PUBLIC COMMENT. KEEP THE PREASURE ON STONE. MORE PEOPLE THAN JUST THE "USUAL SUSPECTS" NEED TO BE SEEN BY THE BOARD AND THE MEDIA.
  28. CantPickaName Member

i dont think it will change a thing
  29. pacora Member

That's exactly the mind-set they want you in.

Anything worth fightjing for - like the CONSTITUTION - is hard and it takes WORK.

Don't give up and don't give in.

Stone is hoping that this will just go away.
  30. CantPickaName Member

Seems like pounding it through that shills thick skull is a waste of time

It wont go away...trust me

But...ok lets say you wanna do this...do you know how far that is for alot of anons? and to take the floor for 30min is alot of time and alot of people have already dragged their asses there many times already for Stone and his backroom accomplices to stare back with a disinterested look

A long movie would just be too much.... a slide show with narration from real docs

BUT they have already said many times this wasnt about scientology even if we know it is

they can also say..."Well now with the new law they cant do that anymore and thats all in the past"

BUT i also hope that i am wrong and their minds can be changed
  31. Optimisticate Member

I just noticed this article was written by Tony Ortega :)

And more lings and such for OP:

WBM: The Revenge Picket - 3/14/99 and [ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6041248814800498717]Scientology: The Revenge Picket[/ame]

Kristi Wachter: Scientology's Revenge Picket, 4/29/99

Someone in Toronto (not Hagglund): Pickets and Scientology. Toronto

Revenge pickets for LMT page (is that you Jeff?): http://www.lisamcpherson.org/meretal.htm

Keith Hensen: Picket report -- Armed Compound in Hemet, day 1 and 2-2

Touretzky: Scientology Pickets Carnegie Mellon

Bob Minton: Battling Scientology's Attack on Free Speech

Ethercat (search for the name on page): OPERATION CLAMBAKE present: Alt.Religion.Scientology Week In Review

Bonnie Woods: News on the Woods vs. Scientology Court Case

Jon Atack: Fair Game (Scientology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stacy Young and her sisters: The Minton Papers #55, Stacy's family gets harassed

tommygormantommygorman describing his work when he was in: Tom Gorman Interview transcript
  32. pacora Member

"1776"
    By David McCullough

"Again and again, in letters to Congress and to his officers, and in his general orders, he had called for perseverance-for "perseverance and spirit," for patience and perseverance," for "unremitting courage and perseverance."...

The war was a longer, far more arduous, and more painful struggle than later generations would understand or sufficiently appreciate. By the time it ended, it had taken the lives of an estimated 25,000 Americans, or roughly 1 percent of the population. In percentage of lives lost, it was the most costly war in American history, except for the Civil War.

The year 1776, celebrated as the birth year of the nation and for the signing of the Declaration of Independance, was for those who carried the fight for independence forward a year of all-too-few victories, of sustined suffering, disease, hunger, desertion, cowardice, dissillusionment, defeat, terrible discouragment, and fear, as they woud never forget, but also of phenomenal courage and bedrock devotion to county, and that, too, they would never forget.

Especially for those who had been with Washington and who knew what a close call it was at the beginning-how often circumstance, storms, contrary winds, the oddities or strengths of individual character had made the difference-the outcome seemed little short of a miracle."

I don't know what else can be said.
  33. Anonymous Member

I've never been picketed at my home.

But I secretly wish that they have. That'd be some very lulzy shit to throw right back at them in the future.
  34. ethercat Member

35. Anonymous Member

OP here.

Have not had a chance to aggregate the leads given today. Ty for those. I also haven't had a chance to update list with research from today.

From yesterday, list is:

Ethercat
    Bob Minton
    Bonnie Woods (minimal dox)
    Charlotte L. Kates
    David Johansen (only personal acct.)
    Deana Holmes (only personal acct.)
    AO
    Gregg Hagglund
    Jeff Jacobsen (ty for the article Jeff, you rock!)
    Jim Wissick (And parents' home)
    John Gordon Clark, M.D.
    Jon Atack
    Keith Henson
    Kristi Wachter
    Mark Bunker
    Patricia Ryan (no dox)
    Robert Vaughn Young and Stacy Brooks (+ 2 sisters) (only personal accts)
    Rod Keller (no dox)
    Ron Newman (no dox)
    Ted Mayett (limited dox)

Also possibles that I've hit a dead end on or just haven't confirmed:
    Jim Lewis
    Julia Lewellyn Smith
    Grady Ward
    alias: Meklar
    alias? Taniwha

Relevant to people who want harpoons:

-Compiling all info, including names, dates, pics, vids, articles, and links in a DB. I'll make that available to harpooners once it is sorted. Could be as early as Monday, or as late as Thurs for v1.
    -also including info on Tommy Gorman's account on lermanet..leads to more like this would be appreciated

Relevant to ppl w/ info:

-Data will not include the names or personally id'able info of people who haven't already it published on the net. If anyone has that kind of info, blacked out names on dox and pics, and fuzz face vids are still useful. ?'s or info can be emailed to anongelizedathushmaildotcom if you prefer not to post here.
  36. i'mglib Member

I agree with Pacora. A lot of people said that Gold Base was a waste of time and fighting the ordinance was off target and no big deal, etc. But look what it turned into? A SEVEN PART SERIES OF WIN on KESQ, and huge attention in Riverside County, and the world.

So, I would say once this list is compiled that the Board of Supervisor's meeting would be a great place to present it. It doesn't matter if it "changes" anything...like getting the ordinance appealed. That's not the point. What matters is public attention, media attention, pressure, and embarrassment. It's all good. In fact, it's almost BETTER that it doesn't change anything because it proves how corrupt the supervisors are. I am pretty sure more media attention can be squeezed out of Riverside County.

Edit: also, here's the video of Scilon's picketing AO's house.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ0fGWR3uvs&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Scientology: Fair Game still in effect at 5:45 AM pt 3/9 ![/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGtJ8NuEM0U&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Scientology: Fair Game still in effect at 5:45 AM pt 4/9 ![/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tukdn4j_dI&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Scientology: Fair Game still in effect at 5:45 AM pt 7/9 ![/ame]
  37. Anonymous Member

YouTube - L. Ron Hubbard's opinion of police officers

This is his opinion of politicians, policemen, news media, etc. is his OWN VOICE.
  38. Anonymous Member

Weren't there videos and photos of scilons turning up to picket at various SoCal anon's homes at 5am several months back? And didn't an OSA camera crew go to an anon's house (I think it was an_hero)?

Not picketing specifically, but there's this video of 3 OSA handlers following anons for 2 miles after a protest at PAC Base, then loitering outside a protesters house for around an hour:
    Scientology stalking peaceful protesters 11.15.08 on Vimeo
  39. Re: Research /r/: Scilons picketing residences

Bonnie Woods may have had people outside her house... She definitely had very direct clam harrassment.
  40. Optimisticate Member

She had a 6 year lawsuit with the cult.

From the wiki page on OSA: