Customize

Request Sound Editor

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by xenubarb, Jan 11, 2012.

1. xenubarb Member

Is there anyone we can send soundfiles to that will make our rap sound good?

No big jerb, just synch the vox to the beat and maybe tweak it so it's audible.
    Autotune optionalalalalal. Giggity.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dragononymous Member

There's probably someone somewhere...
    What happend to putting them online instantly so anyone can give it a try?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. telomere Member

The BEST by far would be if the (c)rapper recorded the beat and vocals on separate tracks,
    and put both of them up, so we could remix and clean them up independently.
    With an already broken mix, it's quite a bit harder.

If you have a gnu tunez (different from the one posted earlier) please share.
    If you have bare vocals that you think sound like (c)rap, maybe can haz halp.
  4. telomere Member

/posting in a dragon thread
  5. adhocrat Member

send me the stems.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Would Audacity (No, not some new Tildacity sock!) be of help?
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Anonymous Member

Only to the editor (person) they send the files to, since they're too lazy to use an editor (application) themselves.
  8. Anonymous Member

Upload the individual files, please.
  9. adhocrat Member

Il nous faut de l'audace, encore de l'audace, toujours de l'audace!
    Except I use Logic and Reason.
    Figures, huh?
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

catwtf.jpg

I only brought up Audacity because it seems like a good audio editor that is Open Source. Thought maybe there was a way to use that tool to fix the audio.
  11. Anonymous Member

12. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  13. xenubarb Member

Pride, mostly. What's heard cannot be unheard. Remember that.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

My WTF was about this:

Got lost there.

I know what Logic and Reason are. Personally I like Acid Pro but Audacity comes close and is free.
  15. adhocrat Member

It's an old quote from some French guy a few hundred years ago. Just making a (failed) joke, looks like.
    Oh well.
    "audacity, always audacity", isn't always the correct strategy.
    I learned on Logic so it's what you get used to. And the environment in Logic is really cool to play around with.
  16. Anonymous Member

First thing you need is a decent recording. Use your built-in laptop microphone and suckyness is warranted. Also please vocalize...
  17. anonquarff Member

hi quiet happy to give it a go but would require individual tracks in any format alternativly can let you have a copy of mixmagic so ya can do it yerself oh im a sound engineer by the way if it helps
  18. Sonichu Moderator

I agree as well, Audacity would be pretty good, since you can open the beat into it, just to hear it as "Rough copy " to make sure your voice is flowing.

Then you send only the voice file to the editor and they can clean up the mix.

May I recommend if you don't have the money for a stand alone microphone, that you at least get a $20 headset that plugs into your microphone channel? At least that way there should be less background noises than say, with a webcam mic.