Customize

Request for financial help

Discussion in 'Fair Game Reports and Personal Experiences' started by Ann O'Nymous, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Ann O'Nymous Member

Although WWP does not officially raise funds for individual anons,this is particularly urgent and unusual request and so I am taking on the task myself.

A user of these forums is in dire need of financial support.

The usual solutions (e.g. Paypal) cannot be used in this case. Details about this user cannot be published online. Therefore, I will act as a middleperson for the information, though not for the money.

The procedure is as follows:
    - A user considering a contribution sends me a PM. If I validate it (based on profile), I will provide basic information about the situation and transfer details.
    - With this information, the user can decide whether or not to donate an amount of his or her choice. Transfers will have to be made directly to the final user through traditional transfer routines (no anonymity)*.

If necessary, users can PM Miranda, who will confirm that this request is legit (but has agreed not to provide further information).

This procedure is far from perfect, but is the best Icould come up with under the circumstances. If you have questions about it, contact my by PM.

Those who choose not to contribute, I understand. Thanks in advance for any help WWP users see fit to contribute.

*EDIT: I overlooked the option of money put in an envelop and sent by snail mail. My bad.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. SOJOA Member

Alittle bit of background?

Loose of course.
  3. Anonymous Member

I agree, I would be more than willing to contribute if there was a little more background information provided. I don't need to know much, but I would like to know if there's a legal situation going on, or if its just a matter of someone needing help paying rent, etc.

I guess the most basic, non-revealing answer you could give is: Does this person need money because of something related to the cult (any sort of fair game action taken against them) or is it a personal matter unrelated to the cult?
  4. Ann O'Nymous Member

As mentioned in OP, if you consider doing something, PM me. It is easy and leaves you free to do whatever you want. Is there a problem with that ?
  5. Anonymous Member

Respectfully request a mod or admin clean this thread up, its an honest and earnest plea and doesn't need to be shit up by trolls.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. RavenEyes Member

This is a very serious, important, and genuine request from Ann, and it's for a really good cause. Without going into any specifics, because of the nature of the request, I can assure you that it's not something trivial, it's not a request for trip funds for an OG to go to England (lol2008), a request for lodging from someone random (FormerlyIn, anyone?) and it's not a troll. It's on the epic level of the fundraising for Sparrow, Senator Nick Xenophon's donate thingy, and not going to be the debacle like the donations for Aaron Saxton situation turned out to be.

Might I suggest that those of you who are wanting to troll Ann do it somewhere else in this case, please? The rest of you who might sincerely wish to help, please PM her, and pay close attention to what forums she placed this request in.

In this case, it really IS "so interesting".

Thanks! <3
    • Like Like x 5
  7. RavenEyes Member

I'm not the OP, and I won't reveal the nature of the situation. If you're truly interested, then take the 10 seconds and send her a PM. In this particular case, she can't reveal the nature of the request in public. I'm not sure what part of that you're having trouble comprehending.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Anonymous Member

Yes. It is easy breezy to get the information from Ann.

As RavenEyes explained, this is very serious and very important. It doesn't bear any traces of trouble for us. There is nothing treacherous going on from my point of view.

Any amount of support will be helpful.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Orson Member

I'm in. It was an easy decision to make.

Step (1) PM Ann
    Step (2) Read Ann's response

Those with concerns need simply to send a pm to Ann. If you are not willing to do that, then don't bitch about the lack of information and move along. Yes, transparency is valued here, and such transparency exists in this situation if you make the effort to obtain the information being offered.

Reasonable precautions are reasonable.
    • Like Like x 5
  10. SOJOA Member

I doubt Ann would have posted something like this if it were not of the utmost importance. No one just asks for handouts unless it is a dire situation and trolling isnt helping.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. SOJOA Member

Well put and I agree with Auntie and Orson.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. The Heretic Member

Sorry, I love my money too much. But whatever unfortunate sucker fate has decided to kick in the balls, good luck to you.

And good luck on your quest, Ann.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Mitsu Too Member

I can confirm this is a legitimate and worthwhile request. I'm in.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. TinyDancer Member

Thanks for doing this, Ann. I appreciate it. I'm in too.
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Krautfag Member

I am also in.

Also: Would SoCal please shut up for now?
  16. Miranda Member

Okay I just trashed a 68-post derail.

It's sensible to be skeptical. You can message Ann for details. If you don't want to do that, fine. Please go elsewhere.

Ann posted about this first in the mod forum. It's an extremely serious and urgent situation. If you don't have the details, either go and get them or get out of the way.
    • Like Like x 9
  17. AnonLover Member

bump for moralfag notice... this is indeed a srs bizness request for halp well worthy of all the precautions & effort Ann has taken upon herself. I'm in, and if your the type to part with a little well spent charity once in awhile, you dont want to miss this.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Anonymous Member

No U, kraut.
  19. Ann O'Nymous Member

EDIT: I overlooked the option of money put in an envelop and sent by snail mail. My bad.
  20. Anonymous Member

Yes that is an viable option. I do not know why my original post about that was deleted.
  21. Ann O'Nymous Member

22. Miranda Member

I took out not only the repetitively skeptical posts, but ones directly responsive to them--so yours may have been moved because it was a reply. It was hard to edit the thread because, as Ann commented in the mod forum, many of the questions and answers were valuable. Apologies for moving that particular post and any other valuable points similarly embedded in the argument, which was just slowing the thread down too much.
  23. Anonymous Member

So how do you PM? I might be retarded, but all I see on your profile page is "start a conversation".
    Can't seem to find any help on how to PM a member..
  24. Ersatz Global Moderator

Use "start a conversation" to PM a member
  25. Gary Moore Member

I'm in and this thread deserves a bumpity bump!
    • Like Like x 4
  26. Ann O'Nymous Member

I will not be much around this week. If you PM me, I might give you an answer during the week, but will certainly do so during the week-end. Thanks in advance for your patience.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. over9000OT Member

This is definitely a good thing. I was skeptical about a no dox personal army request too but it's a very good cause and if you've got a little extra scratch laying about you'll probably be glad to donate. And yes, there is a good reason why details don't belong out in the open. I donated and you should too. Or don't. But it is legit.
    • Like Like x 3
  28. anonamus Member

^^ What he said. I'm in too, it's a very good cause.
    • Like Like x 2
  29. Krautfag Member

*bumping*
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Xemeow Member

Is there a way to add to this, without getting the info? I am happy to contribute, but my noobness prevents me from being included.
  31. Anonymous Member

You're unable to contact Ann in 'conversation' ?

If you're able, explain your position to Ann. However, in post #26, Ann explains she won't be around much this week.
  32. Anonymous Member

It might be possible to donate to WWP and have an admin forward it? And Yeh, I know its been discussed before, and not optimal, but it is for a very, very real and pertinent cause.
    A thought.
  33. Loki's spawn Member

34. Anonymous Member

If the thread is read, the situation should become clear.
  35. Xemeow Member

I did Auntie, but she said my newness made her distrustful. Which I have no issue with this, as despite being new here I have dealt with this cult before. So if a mod can let me know that they will foward the donation on, I will go with that idea.
  36. Anonymous Member

In Ann's absence, I recommend contacting MIRANDA via conversation.

It is a very sensitive issue. Confidentiality is mandatory.

I appreciate and respect your strong tolerance for the High Security.
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Orson Member

With no offense intended, did either of you pm Ann? If not, suggest you pm me or Miranda in Ann's absence.

As for newbies and others, I have an idea for a work-around to enable these folks to donate without jeopardizing the effort. Need to discuss with Ann when she gets back.
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Loki's spawn Member

I meant the whole major secrecy surrounding the whole thing. I'm not doubting that there's a good reason or anything.
  39. Anonymous Member

Obtaining the information from Ann, or from Miranda, doesn't lock anyone into making a contribution.

The information will probably be more than adequate evidence for the high security/secrecy.

What is done about knowing the information is entirely up to the WWP member. Once known, I believe that any WWP member in good standing will recognize an immediate need for confidentiality.
  40. Anonymous Member

I was in an extremely hard time, and a mod from here helped me when I needed help terribly ... do not discard this thread out-of-hand. Also, I want to pay back said mod asap. WWP helps people, in one way or another.<3
    • Like Like x 4