Customize

Report Scientology to the IRS: Form 3949-A. Info needed!

Discussion in 'Education, Research and Inside Reports' started by JRhumperdink, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRhumperdink Member

Report Scientology to the IRS: Form 3949-A. Info needed!

I have searched this forum for information about how to report the "Church" of Scientology to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). I can't find anything yet, so here's the thread. I (we?) need specific info with details that we can use to file reports with the IRS.

Check it out: http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/ ... 78,00.html

I am liking this so far, but I do not have any of the details that the IRS needs for Form 3949-A.

The IRS has a FAQ:
    1.13 IRS Procedures: Reporting Fraud[/url:t2i5et3l].

Also:

Anonymous, I am counting on you to deliver! This is for great justice. Once we have the information, we can all act to encourage the IRS to take action against the dangerous cult of Scientology.

Help me answer the IRS questions to properly file a complaint about tax fraud.
  2. Anon1OfLegion Member

One thought.

"Auditing" sessions are paid for with what are claimed to be donations.

When someone exits the cult, they try to ruin them with a "freeloader" bill.

This clearly shows that the auditing session are not donations.
  3. I know from someone else that this is being worked on at the moment.
    Proper advice is being sought from peeps wot know, to make use of this form for Great Justice :D

Appropriately u can just sign yourself Anonymous!!!

It is going 2 add another gr8 weapon 2 the armoury.
  4. belsthar Member

Re: Report Scientology to the IRS: Form 3949-A. Info needed!

DIRECTLY COPYPASTA'D FROM THE IRS's PDF at

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p1828.pdf

We strum up proof of illegality, we prove tax.
  5. Anonycat Member

The EID for the Co$ is (I believe) 95-3781769. I saw this number on some old docs from the IRS. At one point, this number was affiliated with (according to guidestar.org):

CHURCH OF SPIRITUAL TECHNOLOGY
    419 Larchmont 162
    Los Angeles, CA 90004

Could someone get WBM, Magoo or one of the other Truth-aders to confirm this number please?

What I would be interested in seeing is if any of these Scientology financial organizations[/url:17b87d67] have indirect ties to current lobby groups in DC. According to the xenu-directory, Raymond G. Sanchez is a Scientologist who is a registered lobbyist. In NM, he lobbies for many orgs[/url:17b87d67], yet I wouldn't be surprised if one of them is actually a C0$ front.
  6. namewithheld Member

when you get all the messy parts figured out, post them up so I can fill out and send one in too.
  7. akdennis3 Member

For your discussion, this link will take you to the infamous IRS document sometimes referred to as the "secret deal" of 1993. It's the deal in which all of scientology 'settled' it's various on-going feuds with the IRS for 12.5 million dollars, and obtained it's tax exempt status. It's long, it's complex and it's VERY interesting:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Cowen/essays/agreemnt.html
  8. JRhumperdink Member

Sweet, thanks, I'll check it out.
  9. Re: Report Scientology to the IRS: Form 3949-A. Info needed!

Fix'd. CoS does a SHITLOAD of attempting to influence politics, and I'd like to know what Davey's cut is.
  10. JRhumperdink Member

I just came across a 1997 report on Scientology's tax troubles.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Cowen/essays/nytimes.html

tl;dr

There isn't anything in there that an individual can use to file a Form 3949-A.

The info that the IRS needs must come from within the organization. Someone has to be the whistleblower.
  11. Re: Report Scientology to the IRS: Form 3949-A. Info needed!

As some of you may well miss it this thread : viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6879

could well be the end of the CoS Tax Exemption. 'US law prohibits political campaign activity by charities and churches by defining a 501(c)(3) organization as one "which does not participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distributing of statements), any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office."'

thread is about a new set of CCHR email leaks from 'DEEP CLAM' (like the wikileaks set, and they'll probably be put up there too) that prove CCHR is in violation of the law above, and that law is taken VERY seriously.
  12. jeannie36832 Member

CCHR (also tax-exempt) is in violation by virtue of the emails. There is also some precedent (Regan) that might prove that CoS is also in violation. Get CCHR investigated and the money trail will lead back to COS.
  13. jeannie36832 Member

I need the EID for CCHR if anyone has it. I would like to get this in the mail to the IRS today if possible.
  14. Re: Report Scientology to the IRS: Form 3949-A. Info needed!

Not derailing the discussion but I have some questions. Revoking Co$ tax status in the US would be a huge blow to them even if it becomes are partial downgrade. For example like in this NY Times Article, this Jewish couple wanted to deduct the cost of religious education for their five children, the same way Scientologists do.

What would have to be done to revoke their tax exempt status? Aside from the IRS what part of the US Government could help look into this?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.