Customize

REPORT: Man was hired to keep Shelly Miscavige from escaping Scientology base near L.A.

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by CommunicatorIC, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Tony Ortega - REPORT: Man was hired to keep Shelly Miscavige from escaping Scientology base near L.A.
    http://tonyortega.org/2014/02/07/re...avige-from-escaping-scientology-base-near-la/

Excerpt:
    • Like Like x 11
    • Like Like x 4
  2. amaX Member

I had a good hearty laugh at Rinderburn challenging anyone's moral obligation to do what's right! Oh the ironic lulz.

And did Rinderburn just dox this guy???

I know that Shelly's life is not her own anymore, but her own family either can't get to her or don't really give a damn so what are all of us who are not her family supposed to do? Leah Remini is just about as high profile of a person as can be mustered in California and even her attempt failed. Miscavige just plays the waiting game while Shelly has the light shone on her, but he's not going to make a statement or change anything that's happening to her. And even if someone else could get a welfare check done on her the result would be the same as the last one.

It also sounds like the guards across the street from where she was being held were there to keep people out and not to keep Shelly in. They never even saw her.

Srsly, did Rinderburn just DOX this guy?
    • Like Like x 10
  3. Well, your comical conjunction of "Rinderburn" makes that a bit more difficult question than it might otherwise be. No, Marty Rathbun did not "dox this guy." Yes, Mike Rinder did "dox this guy."

Obviously, Mike Rinder should not have published this information or mentioned it to anyone.
    The Church of Scientology was undoubtedly expecting an armed assault at Shelly's unknown location.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. amaX Member

You're either a sock for someone who has been here for a while or you are relatively new. Rinderburn is an amalgamation created when Rinder and Rathbun were Best Buds. Posing for pix with their arms across each others shoulders. Taking videos of them chattin' 'bout scientology while fishin' off the dock. Good times with the Rinderburns! I lump them together because they are two peas in a pod.

Let me help you out here. When it's an article about just Rinder or just Rathbun then I post Rinderburn because I figure 75% of the people here on wwp can figure it out. If it's an article mentioning both of them Rinderburn 1 is Rathbun and Rinderburn 2 is Rinder.

Or investigative reporters. :D
    • Like Like x 5
  5. wolfbane Member

QFT! But this is the bit that rubs me the wrong way:
    No, he cannot imagine why.

MacLean has been fighting the good fight against the US Government for his livelihood in a herculean battle for nearly a decade. And it is not over yet. Here is the current US Supreme Court docket for Homeland Security's appeal of the decision ruled in his favor:

http://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.aspx?FileName=/docketfiles/13-894.htm

Jan 27 2014 Petition for a writ of certiorari filed. (Response due February 26, 2014)

Scientology is akin to a knee-high mound of fire ants MacLean was forced to stand on in order to support his family, compared to the battle of having to climb Mt. Everest and back in his fight for his job after blowing the whistle for public safety that had a global impact.

In light of the fact he still has far bigger battles ahead of him (US Supreme Court, then back to the original agency level internal proceedings) to recover what he was deprived of, imo it's no wonder he didn't want to stomp on a mound of fire ants that would jack him up in court AGAIN.

Rinder was sucking down the kool aid and spinning propaganda while this man was risking his life and serving his country in US Air Force, then the US Border Patrol and finally the US Federal Air Marshall program:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_MacLean

Who the fuck is Rinder to judge this man and call him out for wanting no parts of the cult's shitstorm that the Indies have substantially muddied the waters with their It's-ALL-DM crusade? He's a piece of shit, that's what.

While it would have been nice if MacLean would have told what he knew. That man deserves a /SALUTE in his own right for what he has already done and is still struggling with. You can't blame the man for choosing his battles carefully at this in point time. And Rinder's remarks doing so are utterly disgusting.
    • Like Like x 9

6. Or AGP. Didn't he show up there once?
    • Like Like x 5
  7. wolfbane Member

Government Accountability Project
    Interview with Robert MacLean, Federal Air Marshal Whistleblower
    by Lindsay Bigda on September 15, 2010
    http://www.whistleblower.org/blog/31/751

^^Hero. Level ovar 9000. Rinder isn't worthy of licking the man's boots.
    • Like Like x 6
  8. amaX Member

Thank you so much for this info, Wolfy.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. The update at The Underground Bunker provides a statement made by Robert MacLean.

Link: http://tonyortega.org/2014/02/07/re...avige-from-escaping-scientology-base-near-la/

MacLean said:
    Tony's update goes on to state:
    There is not, and never was, any chance that MacLean would back Rinder's statement that:
    Further, there was absolutely no need for the Church of Scientology to "persuade" MacLean not to make such an admission.

Seriously, regardless of any advice the Church of Scientology would give, would MacLean (or anyone) admit that they served as an armed guard to prevent an adult from escaping? That they engaged in the crime of false imprisonment, and/or a conspiracy to falsely imprison someone? That was never gong to happen.

What do Mike and Tony expect? That MacLean is going to say, "Oh yes, I was hired, agreed to act, and acted as an armed guard to falsely imprison Shellly Miscavige and make sure she didn't escape?"

Any minimally intelligent person would say what MacLean said, and would do so without the need to be so advised by the Church of Scientology. His position will be, and has to be, that he was hired and acted as an armed guard to prevent outsiders from invading the premises, harming those inside, etc. He cant possibly say anything else.
    • Like Like x 6
  10. MacLean has responded on Mike's blog:

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/shelly-miscavige-guarded-by-armed-pis/#comment-34720

• Like Like x 4
  11. Nancy Beazley Member

Just want to get this straight. Regardless of McLean's past -- and yeah, he got shafted bad by da gubmint -- David Miscavige has Shelly guarded by one or more armed guards 24/7, and Rinder is an asshole for telling this story? Because ...?

Because it's not as black/evil and white/good to me as characterized above ^^^^.

Unless McLean is a member of Anonymous and I was not cc'ed.

And yeah, I know you hate Rinderburn.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Ogsonofgroo Member

Hm, I am so ever really not surprised, or remotely shocked, by any of this, Hubbard's creation has many ways to keep their people in check, whether it is through fear, intimidation, or physical restraint (ie. 'baby-watch' shit or 'security' measures). The cult's closet is stuffed to the brim with skeletons, and lots of the toothpaste is outta the tube, never to return. Oh wah! (not.)
    As far as Rinder doxing someone?, kinda meh imho. It is not like this was an ex with sekrits or some such shit, it is a security dude, big frikken deal.
    What it does show though, is that the Dwarenfuher is exercising his Hubbard-given right to exercise ultimate control over his minion's lives, living in a world of paranoia and fear of discovery, while keeping the wheels turning on his wee clown bus.
    Just a thought on this cold and snowy/weird PNW day.

Cheers All!
    • Like Like x 5
  13. wolfbane Member

No. Rinder is an asshole for calling him out in a way that came across like MacLean had some moral obligation to backup up the story because he is a famous government whistleblower with NO consideration or compassion for what MacLean has endured.

MacLean already did tell somebody. And he obviously chose the right person since the story has now gotten out. Expecting him to do more, and acting indignant about him not doing more, is what makes Rinder an asshole. Not the actual re-telling of the story.

And if that isn't bad enough, going so far as to cook up some crackpot conspiracy theory that the church somehow got to MacLean and thus sully MacLean's good name (when nobody in their right mind would want to open up this can of worms after a few hours of Google-searching and with a huge gubmint court battle on their hands) is beyond simply being an "asshole." It's despicable and extremely stupid.

It's that insinuation - that the church somehow bought/paid MacLean to keep his mouth shut - without any facts to back it up is unconscionable. I find it repulsive and downright disgusting. It is the exact same kind of behavior that Scientology does without a conscious when they smear their enemies.

MacLean was nothing more than an employee doing a boring ass job to earn a paycheck. Rinder should be going after the employer that was hired to provide the security detail with his twisted "do the right thing" accusations rather than acting like he has a moral high-ground to demand answers from MacLean who already DID tell someone.
    • Like Like x 11
  14. wolfbane Member

Oh FFS I was still editing my rant when you quoted me. :eek:
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Ogsonofgroo Member

Lol ^^^ it happens, I run into this fairly frequently as I will write something and post it right away to save the spot in the thread, and then often will amend the post with links and spell-check etc., not a biggie unless there is a real big gaff in there :)

Cheers Wolfy!
  16. amaX Member

So it's only BAD to dox an ex? Do you think this poor guy wants a lowlife like Rinderburn 2 posting his shit to the next and associating him with something he has nothing to do with? Fuck no.

IT'S NOT FUN BEING A SCIENTOLOGY CRITIC OR BEING DRAWN INTO SCIENTOLOGY'S EVIL DRAMA IN ANY WAY. Why do you think more people don't join up?
    • Like Like x 3
  17. amaX Member

I BALEETED IT. GONE. lol
  18. because of you
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Fuckit - Rinderburn probably hired MacLean to guard/imprison Shelly in RTC.

His links to TSA are delicious.

Part of the reason the US govt is too scared of shutting the cult down is because the US govt are just as evil as Miscavige and his little army of dwarf-worshippers.

David Miscavige is a terrorist by any definition.

MacLean will have his day in court and we will see if he tells all about his time guarding the dead facilities of a dead cult leader.

But fuck Rinderburn. Mosey has more balls than Rinderburn ever had.
  20. wolfbane Member

Sorries. <3 you!
    • Like Like x 1
  21. LOL true
  22. Ogsonofgroo Member

Dear Amax, I was not implying anything of the sort, though I understand your point, doxing those who wish to remain under the radar (whether critic, an ex, or w.h.y.) is stupid and generally pointless. My opinion is that if the person involved didn't want his name associated with the situation then he shouldn't have given his name etc., fss he was just a security guard thingy, hired by a company that does that sort of shit? Meh, it is so not important, but the fact that DM and co. have seen fit to take such measures speaks volumes.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Nancy Beazley Member

Yeah, Amax. You make a good point on the 'morality' issue

Still think it is greyer than you do.

And still glad the info is out there.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. wolfbane Member

• Like Like x 6
  25. amaX Member

Can't they fucking leave the man alone? He says his plate is full and that's an understatement considering what he's going through. Slathering dogs after someone who has already stated he sat in a guard shack across the road and had no freaking contact with whoever was inside the home across the street.

Some of you lot are so eager to forgive remorseless, entitled ex-scientologists who have actually done rotten illegal shit while in the cult, but yet you want to rake MacLean over the coals thinking you're going to get something out of him that he's already stated doesn't exist.

Back the fuck off of the man.
    • Like Like x 3
  26. wolfbane Member

"Pawn" was aptly put in the final MacLean comment on Rinder's blog.

/SALUTE
    • Like Like x 1
  27. amaX Member

Yes! It's my fault that people all over the world don't want to fight scientology.
  28. Are you upset ?
  29. amaX Member

No. You'll have to try harder, whippersnapper.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. lol, have a picture

View attachment 220px-Robert_MacLean%2C_U.S._Air_Force%2C_Septembe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_MacLean

31. http://www.fiercegovernment.com/sto...-review-ruling-backing-whistleblow/2013-09-05

32. Nancy Beazley Member

backing away slowly
    • Like Like x 2
  33. wolfbane Member

Rinder's final reply - it is too heinously ignorant and down right revolting to copypasta. It isn't even worthy of posting in the thunderdome it's that disgusting imo:

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/shelly-miscavige-guarded-by-armed-pis/#comment-34793

Robert MacLean should punch Rinder in the face and shit down his throat. Maybe then, in those few brief moments of feces being swallowed, Rinder would have a momentary glimpse of what basic human decency is like. Because he sure as hell has none.
    • Like Like x 6
  34. FreakE420 Member

While swallowing another mans turd, that's when he would have a glimpse of basic human decency?
    • Like Like x 4
  35. wolfbane Member

I'm drunk. So shoot me.
    • Like Like x 3
  36. FreakE420 Member

lol, just messing wit ya.
  37. DeathHamster Member

38. BlooAnon Member

Could someone else then, please? I don't go to his blog. I'm not wasting bandwidth on his site and giving him traffic. That's exactly what he wants.
    • Like Like x 4