Customize

Reaching out to Rinder and Rathbun

Discussion in 'St Petersburg Times expose' started by virginia plain, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Reaching out to Rinder and Rathbun

Do you think it would be a good idea for Anons and ex-Scilons to reach out to Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder after this SP expose? Yes, these men are not absolute heroes, but they have taken the first step in undermining the reign of the wee lad Miscavige. Perhaps they deserve some congratulations. Or even to ask both men to answer for things that they still haven't confessed to.

I managed to get Mike Rinder's contact information, but I know I can't give it out on the board without getting an infraction. With a little more sleuthing, anyone can find Marty Rathbun's information as well.
  2. Mutante Member

Re: Reaching out to Rinder and Rathbun

If you see them, tell them Mutante said 'Fuck you'.
  3. whosit Member

ditto
  4. Re: Reaching out to Rinder and Rathbun

Not so sure about this. Rinder/Rathburn are starting the internal powerstruggle, which isnt really our game to begin with. We should keep chipping away at them from the outside, and let them blow this thing to pieces from the inside by themselves.

I do not believe in forgiving them because they suddenly say they dislike miscavige. Its too cheap when you think about the victims of this cult. Rinder/Rathburn have profited from other peoples misery, even death.

I say let them do what they want, I still want to see them brought to justice.
  5. Re: Reaching out to Rinder and Rathbun

What about the quote." The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Yes they are responsable for some of the crimes of the CO$. They should and will be brought to justice for that. Why not use them to out own ends and get them to speak out more often or unite with other EX's. Just my thought.
  6. Re: Reaching out to Rinder and Rathbun

Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder where brain wash in the cult you can tell with mike by all the interviews he did when he was in the cult........
    these men have took the steps to right there wrong....

i can not speak for anonymous
    but i can speak for myself and i feel that these men Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder,

AustinAnonymousNetwork welcomes NewFags
  7. ntnmf Member

no. both of these men harbor deep inside of them the idea that there was nothing wrong with this cult until david miscavige took over. let's not forget who raised and molded david miscavige from an early age---founder of $cientology l. ron hubbard. the fucking abuses didn't start with miscavige and will not end if he is ousted.

so, "ditto" to mutante message from me, too.

fuck 'em.
  8. Re: Reaching out to Rinder and Rathbun

Hence the "not sure" part. Also, I dont think we need them at this stage. The wheels are in motion now, and the business model sounds like a trainwreck in the making. Miscavige is going batshit no matter what we tell Rinder/Rathburn.

I would however say that the enemy of my enemy is someone I will help but remain very, very suspicious of. There is no such thing as a free lunch.
  9. Re: Reaching out to Rinder and Rathbun

Been deliberating this, and I agree. Fuck them little bitches. Its all too little, too late.

Why bail now, and not when Lisa met her end? Or after the FBI raids? Cowardice and the anonymous threat, thats why.

FuckĀ“em.
  10. xenubarb Member

Tritto.

I don't believe that the IRS head wasn't intimidated and threatened.
    I don't believe that ME Joan Woods simply changed her mind about McPherson's cause of death, quit her job, and vanished for a year.

I think R&R aren't telling the truth, the whole truth, and not just some watered-down, self serving version of it that makes them look good and David Miscavige look bad.
  11. Re: Reaching out to Rinder and Rathbun

I agree you cant just open your arms and embrace them and not be wary. Call me a sucker but I do belive in redemption. They need to pay for what they have done I am always up for giving someone a seconed chance as long as they are truly repentent of there past actions. Even Christ forgave a dying man on the cross next to him.
  12. Anon1720 Member

^^This^^
  13. whosit Member

How about this. When Rinder and Rathbun come completely clean I'll visit them in jail and tell them everyone said hi.
  14. Anonymous Member

Lots of protestors ask members to blow and stand on our side.... and we have been wating for Rinder to come foward for so long... He needs to talk more though. A LOT more.

Rathbun is still auditing and is still a Sci.... so I guess that would make him a Freezoner?

Yes they are guilty of making people's lives misearble too and should be held accountable in some way.
    ehhh I don't know. I guess it's too early for me to make a judgement on this.
  15. Re: Reaching out to Rinder and Rathbun

Okay, Mike Rinder's Denver phone number has been disconnected. All I have now is a snail mail address for ex-Scis to send their letters asking well needed questions about what he did.
  16. Re: Reaching out to Rinder and Rathbun

forgiving a dying man is easy, cause he is going to die anyway. Forgiving someone who most likely will look for new ways to scam someone is not easy, but fairly stupid.

Rinder/Rathburn:

Too little

Too late
  17. ntnmf Member

^THIS.

plus i still don't think we're hearing the whole story of how lisa mcpherson was murdered.
  18. Olrik Member

I'm enjoying the mess they're creating, while not forgetting the Goal: The End of Scientology.

They entered the game with the weapons at their hands... and their goals we may never know anything about...

...and I don't care about them out of what they're doing to David Miscavige.
  19. auchraw Member

Who knows what this devious pair of psychopathic [strike] bullies liars crooks con artists [/strike] disciples of the Great Ron are up to?

Reach out to R&R at your own risk, sign the disclaimer, and be sure to count your remaining fingers.

The end of Scientology = the end of Rathbun and Rinder.

Too nasty, too devious, too dishonest, too greedy.

Anyone who reaches out to unredeemed criminals is liable to be srsly disappointed. Suppressive Phantom is a sucker (he said so; he's right about that).

In other words I do not support this proposal.
  20. Re: Reaching out to Rinder and Rathbun

Well I'm sure the Scilons have been hounding Rinder so any phone number anyone gets probably won't last that long.

Rinder's collaboration on the SP Times article was only on a couple select topics and not enough to justify any attempts of communication from Anon. Anyone heard of how Himmler tried to negotiate a conditional peace treaty when he knew the Third Reich was going to fail and he was certain to go down in flames?

Ya....too little too late. I'm not impressed with Mr. Rinder's paltry attempts with the SP Times. At least Rathbun put much more out there and was taped doing it. Rinder is a puthy who needs to go to the authorities with what he knows. Only when I see Rathbun and Rinder in the witness protection program will I be satisfied.
  21. Re: Reaching out to Rinder and Rathbun

Thanks for not calling me a pussy(I have been called that before) Im not disagreeing with what people have said about R&R.I would probably think diffrent if I were a family member of someone still in. I dont have strong enought feelings to say Fuck em but at the same time I think that if somone is truly sorry for what they have done then they should not be hounded for there mistakes. I do thik they should come TOTALY clean to the proper people about there parts in certin things that the cult did. They should step up and say these are my crimes and I am willing to suffer the punishmint. Take it like a man and truly have a free soul.
  22. Re: Reaching out to Rinder and Rathbun

From what I recall Jeffrey Dahmer was also "truly sorry" for what he'd done.

Both Rinder and Rathbun have legal, criminal culpability to redeem. Speaking to a journalist isn't justice. It makes us happy for a few minutes, but it isn't justice.
  23. Anon_1HG Member

I don't see any need to reach out or support these faggots, but it wouldn't be good to discourage them either.

I'm for sitting back and watching their next move which hopefully involves books or interviews in an epic investigative report (ala 20/20) that the SP Times article should inspire.

If they think anon is their friend, let them find out the hard way.
  24. Re: Reaching out to Rinder and Rathbun

As my old pappy used to say, "Fuck em and feed em catfish."
  25. Anonymous Member

You guys are a little behind the curve on this.

Why do you think they decided to come out and talk?

Yes for the reasons already stated. But also because they spoke to OG and others, who encouraged it.

We are in communication with one or more of the 4 already, following this story.

You don't have to think they have come clean to talk with them. In fact, that's WHY you should talk to them so you can find out what else they might have to say. They may offer you nothing. That's fine. But they may also offer you something. In any event, you have not shut off a channel of possible information.

Would police say in a criminal case, "No I wouldn't talk to a criminal because he's a criminal?" No, of course not. They would question him in the hopes of making the overall criminal case.

Especially if the person wanted to have some form of immunity and a desire to turn over on his criminal boss.

Talking to is not joining with or sanctifying said person. It is just talking.
  26. Anonymous Member

I'm glad they spoke out. A bit. Hope that there is more to come and in case of knowledge about criminal issues they should contact the police. If they're fairgamed I hope they make it public.
  27. Anonymous Member

I would also point out that while certainly R and R have things to answer for, they have done the cause a great deal of good by coming forward. So I would thank them for that.

Doesn't mean they are absolved from what they have done in the past.

But it is important to recognize that this has moved it closer to the ash heap of history.
  28. Re: Reaching out to Rinder and Rathbun

Wow....I didn't realize we were the police. I didn't realize that Anonymous has their own sheriff and ability to grant immunity! I am really, really behind...as you say....the 'curve'.

Can I has super powerz too?
  29. Anonymous Member

One of the things that they can talk more about that they have not as yet is the murder of Lisa McPherson.

Yes, I said murder, not accidental death.

They hold a key there and I, for one, would like to pry it loose.

BTW just exactly where is the critical player there, Ben Shaw? :)
  30. Re: Reaching out to Rinder and Rathbun

I never said it was!
  31. Re: Reaching out to Rinder and Rathbun

I agree. This was the point I was tying to make.
  32. Anonymous Member

You are being deliberately obtuse and idiotic.

Hope you enjoy your aids.

And lrn2law: A "sheriff" can't grant immunity

The point being that they have a lot to say on a variety of criminal subjects which are relevant to our interests. While we are not the police(at least not most of Anon) it is to our benefit in prosecuting these issues to have this information.
  33. Re: Reaching out to Rinder and Rathbun

Only as obtuse and idiotic as the arguments made on this post.

Oh, and I hope your other nut drops soon.
  34. auchraw Member

And I imagine he was paid?? Rinder does what is in Rinder's interests.
  35. moose Member

i fully support them in telling more of these Inside Stories.

I don't see them taking over control (not now or at any time), and start their own cult;
    CoS is based on secrecy and deceit, so if they are willing to tell the full story, then there won't be much left.

I fully understand that they project their anger at DM. The other option is to realize that they ( have been) stupid and totally nuts. (go watch the Jason Beghe again if you dont understand that this is actually a very difficult struggle... ;)

I can't blame them for being unable to think rationally after so many years.
    I dont think that ppl who have been victims for so many years are in any way capable of becoming a strong or charismatic leader.

So i wish them all the luck in exposing the cult for it is, and I hope they are writing a book about it, right now.
  36. incog712 Member

Not so much. Then again, if you or anyone else wants to reach out to these two in some way, there's nothing to stop you. I'm just not sure what might be gained.

It's always good to see high profile ex cult members come forwards, whatever their own agendas may be. And when they do, Anonymous will be there to help spread their stories to the wider public. But historically egofaggotry and Anonymous haven't mixed together very well.

Our target is the dismantlement of the cult in it's present form. As much as the potential for schisms forming within cult leadership may help in speeding up that process, the individual players that may be involved are no more important to Anonymous than individuals within Chanology should be to them.
  37. incog712 Member

It's damned unlikely that he was paid. There's little doubt that he had his own self interests in mind, but if that meant getting paid to open up, he would have opened up some place else.
  38. Re: Reaching out to Rinder and Rathbun

^^^THIS^^^
  39. mrfyde Member

I can hold off judgement on The M.R.'s until I find out what they are up to.

They are not part of us, and so far they have taken one step toward making things right. (That requires many more steps IMO) I doubt we have heard the last of them. But I don't know if they are in the same fight as we are or not.
  40. JohnnyRUClear Member

Why do you keep calling him "Rathburn"? That's not his name.

IMO that's the proper position for now, for those of us who don't know either of them or have any direct access to them.

Wait and see.

In the meantime, full speed ahead! Initiate Operation Dwarftoss!