Customize

Razor Wire at Gold Base

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by pacora, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Anon-007 Member

Re: Razor Wire at Gold Base

Indeed. They've taken a Claymore style footprint and used it to mount 6 x Airtaser cartridges and deployment mechanisms.

It was originally designed for military asset protection and use at checkpoints, but they are now selling them to 'select' private organizations.

Rumor has it that these systems have also been fitted with thermal and PIR triggers.
  2. Herro Member

They have those already. They use less powerful explosive charges and rubber pellets. They're often placed outside embassies.
  3. Anon777707777 Member

Herro, for future reference, if I want your opinion, I will ask you.

Now shoo.

Anyway, I might take a closer look at these things, might be some way to utilise them to our advantage at HGB if they have them, most of these sort of things can be set off from a safe distance if you know where to aim...
  4. Re: Razor Wire at Gold Base

I for one recommend, strongly, not aiming anything at anything...unless its a camera
  5. Herro Member

Lol. Sorry to overstep my bounds tough guy.
  6. azonymous Member

^^^
    Seconded
  7. 33755 Member

That's what farmers call "barbed wire fences". Sharp points must point towards the livestock to be effective. Pointed topped fences don't count. The objective is to discourage a heavy animal from pressing against a fence that it could easily push over.
  8. 33755 Member

Twin A, a former prisoner of Gulag Gold Base, answered some questions for me and gave me permission to repost them here on this thread.

Me:

[introduction and pleasantries removed]

I have two questions I was hoping you could provide some info about.

1) Where are the spikes? Is it around the entire property, or just near the RPF area, or what?

2) When did the spikes appear? Have they always been there that you knew of, or did they appear after you left? (anything that can help pinpoint when they arrived would be helpful)

Twin A:

I don't know about ALL the areas that have razor barrier, currently. It is a large property and I have not walked around the entire perimeter recently.

I do know, as of my last visit for a picket, in Feb [2009], that the areas closest to the road did not seem to have razor barrier, ie. that portion of the fence parallel to the road sides and nearest the roadsides, near where foot traffic would go.

I did see that there was still razor barrier used along the fence on the part of their property on the North West side of the property, which is the Old Gilman House (OGH) area. This is the part of the fence shown in the photo on the thread you are talking about. It's a little ways back from the roadside and it's a chain link fence, with the razor barrier on top.

There were berthing trailers at the OGH area, as late as 2006 that I know of. I do not know if they still use these. The Berthing Buildings on the South East side of the property have been in use for a couple of years now, I don't see why they would still need to have trailers for dorms on the NW side of the property any more. The dorms were originally used because they did not have enough on-base berthing, they have plenty now. Maybe they still use dorms up at the OGH area for people on the way to the RPF or routing out, I don't really know for sure. Maybe Jeff Hawkins would know, he was at the Int base more recently that I was (I left in 2000).

The razor barrier started going up around the perimeter fence back in 1987. I was on the renos [renovations] team that installed some of them, along with the security lights and the motion detection sensors. I don't remember when the project was completed, at one point, I was told that the entire perimeter fence had razor barrier on it, and I think that was around 1995. I doubt the project took that long to complete, but there may have been changes in the fence, additions and such that were done, along the way. Now, I did notice in February this year, that the roadside part of the fence (it's not the chain link fence sections, but the wrought iron looking part) didn't have razor barrier on it anymore. I am sorry I don't remember if they EVER did for sure. Pictures and videos maybe from last year could be gone through to check. I assumed they did take some razor barrier down recently, so I said in one of the videos that the razor barrier was gone from them, but later someone told me that not all the razor barrier was gone, that maybe that section just never had any since it was so close to the road, and the wrought iron portion of the fence has spikes on it anyway, as part of the design, though not as sharp as razor barrier, still a climb over deterent.

Hope that info helps some.

Me:

Wow. May I post this information on WWP?

TwinA:

Yes, you could repost this if you like.

Also a bit of trivia with regards to the perimeter fence, the last pedestrain/manually operated exit gates were removed around 1996. All the existing gates have to be operated by someone in the Security Booth. If there is some kind of power outage, the gates do have a manual overrid, but it takes some kind of key to do it, that only the security guards have. This means that if someone did want to just walk out, without getting harassed by security guards, they cannot. They have no way out, except past a secruity guard now. Up until 1996, a person could actually just walk out a gate and flag down a car if they wanted to. I think one person did do that, actually they caught a shuttle that used to drive past there. So... I guess... word got out and the decision was made to get rid of the manually operated gates. The last gates used to be on the West end of the property.
  9. Ramona Member

DESIGN STANDARDS & GUIDELINES
    THIRD AND FIFTH SUPERVISORIAL DISTRICTS
    COUNTY OF RIVERSIDE

8. Community perimeter (or theme) walls shall be solid walls located where view
    opportunities are not available. Plain concrete block walls are not permitted along reverse frontage areas. Wood, stucco-covered, or other like-material walls are not permitted along reverse frontage areas. Brick, slump stone, tile, textured concrete or other material walls which require little or no maintenance are required. Use of ivy or other vegetative material to soften and punctuate the appearance of walls and reduce the likelihood of graffiti is strongly encouraged. The use of capping in conjunction with other vertical design elements to temper the top line of the wall is also required.

9. Where privacy of views is not an issue, powder coated tubular steel or wrought iron sections should be constructed in perimeter walls in order to take advantage of casual view opportunities. A combination of a two foot to three foot high solid wall base with a wrought iron or tubular steel fence section between solid pilasters is a recommended design alternative.

10. The typical maximum height of walls or fencing shall be six feet. Note that a greater height for perimeter walls may be required where noise mitigation or other special circumstances would dictate.
  10. azonymous Member

11. Ramona Member

Good question. See Exhibits E, F, G. H of other PDF.

How is Highway 79 classified, per that table?

12. azonymous Member

13. Anon777707777 Member

If you set them off, they become a non-threat if someone wants to blow the base, I would only recommend doing it if we see an escape in progress, but its useful to know what you can do to help..
  14. Anonymous Member

Jesus Christ -- could you tone down the tinfoil a little bit, please?

Even the wackiest, lest-reliable affidavits from kook ex's don't go as far as you're going with your bizarre speculation about unseen, un-rumored, mythical security features at Gold.
  15. Obi-Wan-anon Member

I agree - the observed, known security measures at Gold are bizarre enough.

I mean, all the personnel gates monitored from a central location? The possibility of all 911 calls going through a central location? The underground tunnel to get to the other side of Gold? The spikes on the fence? The midget leader whose head could explode at any moment and take out half of California?

Ok, maybe that last one is a bit TOO bizarre, but...
  16. Anon-007 Member

You missed out the vibration sensors and seismic sensors which we know about because they are overt devices.

And if this is what we know about, god knows what else is in there.

FYI Many 'blowees' have confirmed that Gold has a weapons armory chock full of semi-automatic weapons (which can be easily converted to full auto)

And this isn't tinfoil, I'm afraid.
  17. Anon777707777 Member

I agree with 007 on this, the things we KNOW suggest that there will be more, hell, I wouldnt put it past them to have fully-operational claymores on the ground, just in case... but thats speculation..
  18. Herro Member

See this is the exact kind of thinking used by the scilons that have themselves convinced that anon is an evil terrorist hate group. You start with this assumption that the Other is evil and capable of anything and then you just fit your perceptions to match that preconceived notion, regardless of what evidence you do or do not have. Wild speculation becomes reasonable because you frame it in terms of "well I know how fucked up they are and what they're capable of so this really isn't too crazy. in fact I wouldn't be surprised if it's true." It is speculation, it is tinfoil, and it's pointless.
  19. none given Member

aaawww c'mon.
    Make a powerful, criminal, potentialy violent enemy with us.
    It's fun.
  20. snakeyes Member

Agreed to a degree.

Once you know the nature of something you know what it is capable of. Agreed idle speculation does nothing, but keep the tinfoil around with a dash of skepticism. Of course some of us may need more than a dash.
  21. 33755 Member

No one cares what the Scientologists think about the Anons (they think Xenu is real, remember?). We already know the scilons think all anons are paid by Big Pharma and are true SPs on the whole track.

In the same vein, Scientologists believe (because Hubbard said so) that what you accuse others of, you probably are doing yourself. So all that crap that scios say about anons points right back at themselves as "being real" to them, and likely being something they themselves are doing.
  22. Anonymous Member

They keep weapons.
    Orgs stockpile weapons.
    VMs are encouraged to keep weapons.

Not tinfoil.

Not speculation.

Ask any ex staff.
  23. anon.il Member

2mdkoxk.jpg
  24. Herro Member

Just another crazy ex. Way to miss the point.
  25. Bumblefuck Member

STOP! YOU'RE HURTING THE POOR CRAZY EX'S FEELINGS!

ITS FEEEEEELINGS!

26. azonymous Member

QFT
  27. Herro Member

lol
  28. xenubarb Member

I posted this a while ago. It's from a hang gliding forum dated Dec. 2001:

edit: Link: http://groups.google.com/group/alt.atheism/browse_thread/thread/e5a9cb10492747b8?pli=1
  29. none given Member

It bears repeating:

Can we get someone local to look deeper? Like, forward this to KESQ?
    It's just a rumor at this point but could lead to something.
  30. Anonymous Member

^^^
    THIS
  31. Anonymous Member

Gee whiz. Nice story. Sure sounds like it covers all the right crazy points.

You'd think that if armed Scientologists had falsely imprisoned a member of the public, overnight, in a metal box, after discharging a firearm there might be more than just words on the Internet about it?

Where's the Sheriff's Department report? This wouldn't be something the news would have wanted to jump all over, would it?

Let me guess: lack of any substantiating evidence is proof that OMG the Scilons must control the Sheriff's department too!!!! (rather than an indication that this story belongs on the bullshit pile along too)
  32. Anonymous Member

Or if someone has a contact in the Sheriff's Dept?

Or we should ignore anything that we don't have complete proof of because we already know...

Scientologists are the most ethical people on the planet and would never suppress any evidence...
  33. anonhuff Member

Yep and this is just words on the internet too, go away troll:

xenu_handwritten.gif
  34. kissyfur Member

ROSE THORNS?!?!? holy crap, Bret Michaels, I never wanna go near your garden!
  35. Anonymous Member

Oh yeah. I'm trolling. Your clever posting of OT III is surely the thing to get me to run away. Boo!

Annnnywho -- if you feel like wasting your time researching this one, the original story was posted by Anneliese Lilje, from a Cal-Tech email address to alt.theism on USENET back in November 1990:

Scientology Discredited - alt.atheism | Google Groups
  36. Herro Member

Oh noes, he questioned the group think circle jerk!!! He must be a troll!!!!!!! So, is there any evidence?
  37. CherrieZ Member

....but according to TD 'it's just the way they were installed'.....

OH, well okay then..move along folks nothing to see here.
  38. Anonymous Member

these pics don't lie...
  39. Anon-007 Member

I would guess that the teeth are between 2 to 3 inches - but that's still a lot of steel to have in your skin!
  40. Oswald2001 Member

They are designed to pierce the skin/flesh and then rip and gouge you as you try to go up or down.

A slip could be especially nasty.