Customize

Razor Wire at Gold Base

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by pacora, Mar 8, 2009.

1. anonhuff Member

Re: Razor Wire at Gold Base

Yeah right what are they going to do, advertise that they are keeping people from freely coming and going?

"WARNING: "CHURCH" OPERATED PRISON CAMP COMPLETE WITH SPOTLIGHTS RAZOR WALL SPIKES ARMED GUARDS AND SNIPERS NEST OPERATING IN THE AREA"
  2. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

I'd say hold on till channel 3 has aired all their pieces. They might have sniffed something up.
  3. TinyDancer Member

But, if the razor wire were directed outwards, it would stop rascals getting in in the first place. Plenty of people think only one step ahead and would think "I can get over that. I'll work out how to get out later."
  4. mrfyde Member

Why ? has there been any reason given ? I hope it has to do with Jeff Stone getting a high colonic to get his head out of there.

I was looking at the code for fencing and saw:
    Im not suggesting anything other than Jeff Stone and his pet graffiti project had a hand in writing the fence ordinance. But really Ivy, RAZOR KNIVES whats the dif ?
  5. rummychick99 Member

pacora,

Have you done any digging into Stone's connection with the March Family Trust. Apparently, he is the Stone that was nailed about the 40,000 dollar check when running in the 66th district.
  6. BigBeard Member

Folks, you need to stop calling this stuff "razor wire" because it's not. Those are "security spikes" added to the top of the chain link fence.

You can see some pics of razor wire at: Concertina Single Coiling Razor Wire-Anping Qinghe razor wire & barbed wire factory

If you make a code complaint about "razor wire" on the fence at Gold, Cof$ will just respond that there is no "razor wire", and will technically be correct.

BigBeard
  7. chortly Member

While reading this thread...

FenceRed.jpg
  8. Ima Nonymous Member

The way those motion detectors are installed, down low and attached to the fence with clip-ties, the wiring is exposed at the back. An idiot who can wire a flashlight could bypass the PIR and completely disable the devices if approaching from the outside. That's why you aim the detectors in the direction you think the agressors are coming from not going to.
    Sorry, certainly motion detectors would be mounted on the buildings inside the secured perimeter and aimed outward if they were trying to catch people breaking in.
    Instead they are mounted on the perimeter and aimed inward, obviously this is to provide an alert if someone approaches the perimeter from the inside.
  9. rational Member

I can see some different points of view leading to disagreement.

Spikes / razor wires don't normally stop people from crossing over completely. You want spikes to be arranged like a big sphere, and two rows is better than one. If the high tech spikes at Gold is very effective, maybe one row pointing at the desired direction is sufficient. But I think I would save a lot of skin by bringing a pillow when crossing.

If motion detectors pointing outside of property lines, that will be early warning, which normally is secondary to intruder detection. At Gold an early warning system will mostly detect cars and nocturnal desert animals. Though it will be useful when the FBI comes for them. When security devices are cut off or disabled from good security systems, it is as good as detecting something.
  10. Moonbat69 Member

computerslapped.gif
  11. Anon-007 Member

Note:

The 'motion detectors' attached to the fence are NOT passive (or active) infra red devices (like those seen in residential security systems)

They are actually vibration detectors and work on a totally different principle.

Basically, if someone tries to climb the fence, it causes the fence to move. This vibration causes the vibration sensor to trigger (and presumably flags up an alert in the guard room)

Each fence panel has its own sensor. This means that the guards will be able to identify which individual fence panel is being climbed on (and stop the escapee from escaping)

HTH
  12. Ogsonofgroo Member

There is concertina wire on an inside fence near the RPF area, AGP has posted pics of it on one of the GBase threads.
    To people who keep mention cars and critters setting off the motion sensors, they have adjustible range, eg. mine are set for about 25ft so I can see where I'm going but not have the suckers go off if someone is walking by on the street etc..
    The spiked capping is interesting, as in one of the nearby county's ordinances it states that razor wire or spikes require special applications to the board (planning dev. I think), and is not acceptable for residential use (aside from being ugly as sin, I'd imagine a kid getting impaled would not bode well). There are also apparently huge liability issues whether or not a person intended to enter or not, wonder if their insurence premiums are paid up?
    Wonder how Co$ explained security measures like this if they did go through legal process? Unfortunately I don't think such applications are a matter of public record, but ya never knows ;)
    Also, if disaster struck like a wildfire or earthquake, would these fences not trap people? (ya ya, moot point, blah blah)
    Then there is the whole wildlife aspect, I ran into a couple of articles about deer impalements while late night googling...... yuck.
    Anyone tried to look up height requirements for such spiking? I tried but only found stuff in other countys with better web sites as far as building codes go.
    Regardless, we know that these fences are not so much to keep people out as in, no matter what kind of spin Co$ tries to put on it, their track record of maintaining absolute control over their victims/parishioners is legendary.
    "You can enter any time you like, but you can never leave. Welcome to..."
    My wee 0.02$ fer the morn.

:)
  13. snakeyes Member

yeah, the odd thing, at least imho, is the question of how would that keep someone out? I mean if it's ordinary chain link fence what's to prevent someone who wants in from cutting through?
  14. JMac85 Member

After seeing the higher resolution photos on AGP's site, those things are actually a lot less threatening than they look. The one posted here makes the daggers look like they're a foot long, but they're really like two inches. Still though, sliding your belly over that while hopping a fence would do a lot more fucking damage than barbs or conventional razor wire.

I wonder how tough they are? Seems like you might be able to take a rock or branch and bend a good portion to the side to make it safer to traverse.
  15. Anonymous Member

Leave it to AGP to make 2 inches look HUGE on camera !
  16. Ima Nonymous Member

I just had a look a more of AGP's pix and I think you are right. The sensors are mounted in about the right place for vibration sensors in terms of both separation and height.
    According to his comments, this level of sensor deployment is only installed in the RPF compound. It seems unlikely anyone would be trying to break in there.
  17. subgenius Member

o really?
    how much less, and to whom?
  18. Anon777707777 Member

Can we get someone to take a covert look at the sensors at night? See whether we could knock a few out and direct any escapees to those sections for a black-flight?
  19. xenubarb Member

It's okay to focus on that one fence topped with security spikes, motion sensors and lights. But that fence is proximate to locations where recalcitrant members are held.

Near the guard shack across the street, the steel fences have horizontal supports halfway up. On those supports, and ONLY ON THE INSIDE, you can see more security spikes.

Those are clearly intended to keep people in.
  20. JMac85 Member

Like I said, at first glace they look like they can eviscerate a cow, but the longer focused image makes them look more like rose thorns.

fence_blades_bknd_focus.jpg

How high is than fence anyway? If it's six feet, they'd seem to be two inches long. If it's eight feet, it could be as much as six inches. They're still nasty pieces of work, but it's not the doom fortifications my initial reaction suggested.

Seems like it'd be a lot less noticeable from the road than barbed or razor wire too. Smart move on their part, being less conspicuous to the general public means less questions asked.

Here's another good one. This is even more obvious they're meant to keep people in rather than out.

spiked_lights_side.jpg
  21. Anonymous Member

22. rummychick99 Member

23. azonymous Member

24. Anon-007 Member

25. Anon777707777 Member

Just a little note, I have worked in military compounds and even those dont have these bastards, razor wire is good enough for the military, why not for a "residential" property?
  26. azonymous Member

thx for that Barb

Re Zoning
    Usually this type of security fence razor spike is not allowed in residental areas (see a couple of posts earlier in the thread)

Have we determined zoning for Gold?

I looked at the maps in earlier threads, but don't remember anything conclusive...

And do we have a map showing the types of fence and where located in relation to "residences"?

Lots of great info spread around...we do this well ;)
  27. Anon-007 Member

Looking at the overt security measures in place at Gold, I'm not 100% convinced that they are only there to prevent inmates from escaping. Is there any chances that Davey may have high value assets knocking around in there too?

Their level of security is on a par with 'high value target' protection - the only things missing so far being:

1. Seismic detectors to detect attempts to burrow in and out (and these are generally buried underground, so are probably there anyway)

2. Electro shock or ultrasonic containment systems. The use of spikes / razor wire is actually more of a psychological deterrent than an actual physical one (i.e. anyone intending to leave or break in could prepare themselves with materials to put over the blades in advance)

And if an inmate does try to escape, think of the damage that would be caused to them? Lots of difficult questions to answer when you drag in Culties that have been ripped to shreds by razor wire.

So, my money is on the use electrification stun systems - probably in conjunction with ultrasonic disorientation devices (much like the Gold note, only operating at higher frequencies)
  28. mrfyde Member

Where is eastvale in relation to GOLD ? The dox say Riverside county Is Eastvale another town/city in the county?
  29. LocalSP Member

Wouldn't it be fun to throw water balloons at these fences and set off the farthest away sensors?
  30. Anon-007 Member

You wouldn't accomplish much if you did.
  31. 33755 Member

They'd probably have you arrested for littering.
  32. Ima Nonymous Member

"INSTALLATION GUIDELINES
    The manufacturers advise that Razor-Spikes® are potentially dangerous and should be attached to walls and fences at a minimum height of 2m.
    The installed spikes must:
    avoid any and all contact with pedestrian traffic and
    be installed in a highly visible manner

in compliance with local laws and regulations and
    necessary warning signs fitted
    "

Looks like the scilons didn't read the installation instructions. Mounted too low, it's hidden (especially in the second pic), it's right next to a well worn path for occupants within the facility and there are no warning signs fitted. Who wants to bet they made a clean sweep of it and ignored the compliance with local laws and regulations as well?
  33. JMac85 Member

What if you threw rocks instead? In the dead of night, wearing all black, just pelt random sections of fence with whatever stones are lying around and run like hell. Is it illegal to throw rocks at a chainlink fence if you're doing so beyond their property line? I'd assume so if it's done intentionally to set off motion sensors.

Haha, nice! Though I bet that "well worn path" is not for people taking a pleasant stroll, but for security patrols.
  34. Anonymous Member

Rocks and a sling shot.... I like this idea!!!

It would be VERY lulzy to do this multiple times a night for like 5 nights... keep them running.
  35. rummychick99 Member

Here is the website for Eastvale.

Eastvale.com - By Neighbors - For Neighbors - Since 1999

I still haven't figured out why ordinance 884 was only for the unincorporated areas of Riverside as has been reported in the media. Eastvale is unincorporated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastvale,_California

I really think someone should go into the meeting in Riverside and talk about proposing an ordinance about dangerous razor spikes. It mght help protect the mythical Mormon bishop ;-)

Are there any wildlife in the Gold Base area that are endangered or about to become endangered?

Bermuda Dunes proposed ordinance

http://www.tlma.co.riverside.ca.us/...lay/Bermuda_Dunes_Overlay_Zone_Draft_Text.pdf
  36. Anonymous Member

don't know if this is true

Biased Journalism I/5
  37. Ogsonofgroo Member

[SIZE="6"][COLOR="Cyan"]ICE CUBES TO THE FRONT LINES!![/COLOR][/SIZE] :D

*hangs head*, sorry guys, back to the thread.

Something of note about many of these lethal/destructive security fences is that most of the recc's by manufacturers is placement above 6ft, and many of the local county ordinances seem to concur.
    Are there kids at Gold?
    Hmmmmmmm.
    Child-Abuse-And-Prisoner-TEST-3.jpg

Invisible Fence for kids from nthomassen

GAH!
  38. Anon-007 Member

If Gold is carrying 'high value cargo', it is likely to be protected with a shock protection system. These systems are normally deployed well within a compound, and close to any important 'assets'.

If anyone has been to Gold (either as a recent inmate or at a protest) be on the lookout for this kind of device. It goes without saying that if you see one, run in the opposite direction as fast as possible!

"The TASER® ShockwaveTM system is the first generation of new TASER Remote Area Denial (TRAD) technology. Shockwave devices integrate TASER’s field-proven Neuro Muscular Incapacitation (NMI) technology into the first anti-personnel area-target system capable of not only denying personnel, but also incapacitating personnel with reversible effects.

With the push of a button at a stand-off distance of up to 100 meter, the Shockwave unit deploys multiple standard TASER cartridges that are oriented across an area arc. Full area coverage is provided to instantaneously incapacitate multiple personnel within that region."

Tasershockwave.png

General Reference Sites:

http://www.taser.com/products/military/Pages/TASERShockwave.aspx

Weapons: Taser's Shockwave Cannon Array Like Many Little Bottles of Lightning Bolts
  39. rummychick99 Member

40. Anon777707777 Member

Is that basically a non-lethal claymore?