Customize

Rathbun Talks about Mike Rinder

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Kha Khan, Sep 17, 2009.

1. auchraw Member

Re: Rathbun Talks about Mike Rinder

Truefax ^^^^
  2. Anonymous Member

Sure. I feel much the same. I don't know how useful dialogue with him really is, as I think his self-importance and intelligence give him both the motive and the means for some serious mental gymnastics. Plus the careful "PR'ing" of all his answers, tends to obscure meaningful conversation. At least that's the way I find it. The only reason I keep trying is because I know how influential he's likely to be with current, (but soon to be former) CofScientologists.

Maybe he'll change given time. Though I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Surely whoever's doing the speaking...together with whatever their reading of the person they're speaking to is.

This is true...I was typing on a mobile phone, and got kind of lazy towards the end. I'd meant to make a point about not being too combative, or worse still coming across as a wild eyed zealot...but couldn't be arsed with all the predictive textamajiggery. :)

I think he views it as tactical (see his comment re the Catholic Church). If it's a temporary tactic aimed at current CofSers, then he may be right, but if he expects to carry it on to the wider world, then personally I think it's a definite error: (a) because the cat's so far out of the bag on it, that the bag's no longer even in sight; and (b) because coming clean is coming clean: if he's not 100% honest, then in the more broadly, he'll have about as much credibility as the CofS has had since L Ron earned his doctorate. ;)

Snap.

Interesting times ahead that's for sure.
  3. JohnnyRUClear Member

What do you mean "IF"?

{applause}

Reminds me of a little story from this month's protest.

We had a "not a Scientologist butt" come up to us this month in Portland; I think he really wasn't a Scientologist (other than being snotty and angry, he didn't show any signs of Hubbardism), but he sure was pissy. Very curtly and a bit loudly got in our faces about how we should just let people believe what they want to, this is America, don't we have anything better to do with our time, etc.... We gave him a card with some web sites on it and encouraged him to look it up, but he thought he knew all about us already just by the fact that we were protesting Scientology. He even tried to compare us to Nazis -- including informing us that he was Jewish, as if we would care -- and a "white gang". It ended when I'd had enough of his output-only mode and used some logical judo on him:

NASB: You should leave people the fuck alone and let them do what they want.
    me: So are you going to leave us the fuck alone and let us do what we want?
    NASB (seeming slightly fazed): Yeah. ...(incoherent rambling)... (leaves, still rambling)
    us: roffles

Actually one real Scilon did come over to us at another time and said she was glad we were there, since we were the real action. I think she was being sarcastic, but even so she still was more rational than that sputtering lulzcow.
  4. Ogsonofgroo Member

I know this is not a troll. It is true, but slightly off, you don't lose a bit of your humanity, you lose it all or never had much to start with.

My opinion.

.-. < 'unknowing bat who doesn't gib a shot'

:D
  5. Anonymous Member

I think the loss of humanity is temporary for most people in real war. But either way it's fail if you're fighting an information war.

Frontline infantry do need to see the enemy as targets (and legitimate ones at that), but psychological operations guys need to empathise with their enemy if they want to be effective.

It's one of the difficulties of what we're doing: a huge number, if not the majority of Scientology's victims are also it's perpetrators, and that's just not a calculation that sits easily with the human mind.
  6. Skeptic1337 Member

Hey has Rathbun posted about his threeway with Rinder and David Miscaviage?

I hope he does, he should post pics too, I hear he was the meat that completed that sandwich.
  7. Anonymous Member

Shortcut for "He can talk about whatever the hell he wants but if he is out there..."
  8. amaX Member

^Hear, hear!
  9. JohnnyRUClear Member

He is out there. Waaaaaaay out there.
  10. Anonymous Member

I hope this is the case but they are not "Trufax" and we don't have dox on any of it.

It is what we are hoping for and as much as I would like this to be the case it is still trying to predict the future. I agree Barb's post is possible, but there are > 9,000 things possible in the future, if we just assume that the quoted part of Barb's post is true we can all go home (and some of us have) but there are many things that could get in the way of these things because the cult is more slippery than BAP.
  11. Herro Member

There is no concept analogous to thetans in the cult of Herro, only unprotected sex with simultaneous partners.

It is much easier not having to considering points of view that challenge your established beliefs. Works great for scientologists.

I believe in Reason.

Well now you're just beating [STRIKE]Lisa MacPherson's rotting corpse[/STRIKE] a dead horse.

Oh you. <3

Rathburn is much more flexible than I would have guessed.