Customize

Rathbun Talks about Mike Rinder

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Kha Khan, Sep 17, 2009.

1. jadedanon Member

Re: Rathbun Talks about Mike Rinder

Will all you guys please stop quoting herrrrrro, I have him on my ignore list and you all are fucking it up
  2. Re: Rathbun Talks about Mike Rinder

I never said that you did, pay more attention, lol If you are still in scientology, i hope that you get the help you need some day and see through the mindfuck. If not we just completely disagree and that's ok. I don't have the answers, i just know for a fact that Scientology is not. The way they treat their members is unconscionable. I hope all escape and not over razor wired fences.

Scientologists are not interested in open discusions, take away their fraudulantly obtained tax exemption, make them stop slave labor, hold them accountable for their criminal activities including child abuse and that would have some real impact.
  3. Herro Member

I am currently in the Church. Does that make any of what I have to say less valid?

Critical thinking can be a real bitch can't it?
  4. Anonymous Member

Just wanted to quote that so jadeanon could be blessed by Herro's infinite wisdom. Now if you'll excuse me I need to find my way back to the hamper.
  5. Re: Rathbun Talks about Mike Rinder

6. rof Member

OMG Herro get out of the Church!

You'll get arrested for tresspassing!
  7. Herro Member

Nah it's cool. I'm covered in Vaseline. Even if they find me they'll never be able to catch me.

No need to feel bad for me. The Church is the best thing to ever happen to me. Ron's tech has taken me to heights I never thought possible. I feel bad that you weren't able to use the tech properly because I really wish you could experience how incredible life is once you go clear. You know, it's never too late to get back on track and keep moving up the bridge. If you'd like I can help you open comm lines with your local org or mission. I'm sure they'd welcome you back with open arms. PM me if you're interested :D
  8. Re: Rathbun Talks about Mike Rinder

Can you tell me about his career as nuclear physicist, civil engineerand WW2 hero who attacked Mexico? Do you approve of LRH sentencing 4 year old Derek Greene to over 48 hours in the nasty chain locker of the Apollo? I almost believe you are still in with your incredibly nasty laughing about Rathbun's comments on Lisa Macpherson. The Hubbard influence has not served you well, look it up, he was a lying child abusing fraud.
  9. Herro Member

Ok, enough of this. I'm not actually a scientologist. I'm just messing with you. Now, let's get back to rathburn and rinder, and lisa mcphearson's thetan.
  10. Re: Rathbun Talks about Mike Rinder

You may need some time on the couch then. Psychiatry works and it helps people. I'm beyond help myself and i'm good with that.
  11. Herro Member

How about a joke? So a priest, a rabbi, and lisa mcphearson's thetan are reading Rathburn's blog...
  12. humphrey Member

wtf

yes
  13. Re: Rathbun Talks about Mike Rinder

Good stuff, Herro, do you write your own material? There's no need for you to confirm how much of a total douchebag you are with disrespectful jokes about Lisa Macpherson for your trolling entertainment. It's well-documented in your posts.
  14. Skeptic1337 Member

LisaMcPherson-02-10-08.jpg

Nevah forget!
  15. Re: Rathbun Talks about Mike Rinder

Ideas and beliefs may be bulletproof, but they are not all equally valid:

16. Herro Member

Why?

Well would you at least agree with me that we should all hope that Jett Travolta's thetan is able to come back and read Marty's blog and get some auditing to get rid of those nasty bathtub engrams?
  17. moreanonymous Member

The first bit is saying criticize DM et al, not Hubbard, the 'religion,' nor the 'tech.' Second is saying Armstrong never had any business complaining in the first place.

Both bullshit.
  18. Anonymous Member

What better way to prove to the world that your cult's theology of thetans coming back after death than if YOU were to kill yourself and YOUR thetan returns to post all about it on WWP.

Prove us wrong, Herro.
  19. TinyDancer Member

Much less. What crimes is Rathbun committing now?

100% with him. ^^^
  20. Anonymous Member

In the interests of your most efficient time management, do feel free to stop spending all that time being nice to Rathbun that you've been spending. I'd hate you to feel your time was wasted.
  21. TinyDancer Member

Actually, I believe both!

I believe that if we want to help people leave the CoS, we will be more effective if they don't have to jump over all of our hurdles at once. First step, and most important step, is stop supporting the human rights abuses being perpetrated by DM and his henchmen.

I have thought a good bit about Hubbard and about how and whether one can justly conclude that a person is "inherently evil". I think no one is 100% good, nor 100% evil. But people certainly sit at different places on the spectrum.

I don't know if I can conclude that Hubbard was "inherently" evil, if that means that his basic makeup was such that he was only ever going to be capable of fulfilling some evil destiny (lol). But I would say that many of his actions were evil. So, if a person's goodness or evil is measured by their actions, then I think it isn't inappropriate to say that Hubbard was evil. And I think much of the system of "ethics" and "justice", and many of the underlying goals and attitudes of Hubbard's writings were on the evil end of the spectrum. Just my opinion.

But, I'm with Anon in that I won't attack a person just because they believe something I think is evil. However, if their actions are in fact misleading, fraudulent or abusive, then let justice reign.
  22. mrfyde Member

I am anti "the tech" but I personally don't care what people believe, but I think there are other abuses that are just as serious, that don't make it into nice little sound bites we can wave on signs in front of orgs, because they are too hard to explain.

The process that would lead one family member (say a mother) to write off another (for example her child) is a pretty serious abuse in my book. Even if their is no disconnection in the family the process that takes the place of the bond between family members IS an abuse. The disconnection is only the result.

Take Tony and Sue for an example, AFAIK Becky never disconnected from them as they feared, but they certainly were abused by the cult.
  23. Re: Rathbun Talks about Mike Rinder

What Would Brian Boitano Do?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB-oiuPDnco"]YouTube - What Would Brian Boitano Do?[/ame]
  24. POS Member

Herro = Marty trufax
  25. Re: Rathbun Talks about Mike Rinder

I agree completely that people can believe whatever they want so long as they're not harming others. If the abuses and fraud in Scientology are stopped which is the goal here, Scientology itself and Hubbard's perfect unchangeable "tech" will end as well.

The abuses are part and parcel of Hubbard's "tech", simply reading and following his policy letters in and of itself is abusive and fraudulent. The end of fair-game, the RPF, the children's RPF, the medically unsound, dangerous introspection and purification rundowns, disconnection, entheta and so much more ends the mind control.

Without the lying, child-abusing fraud L. Ron Hubbard's abusive policies in place, Scientology is over. By design, there is no such thing as a kinder, gentler Scientology because Hubbard's "perfect tech" has to be followed to the letter including all of his abusive policies and misleading frauds.

Anyone, including Rathbun, can set up another insane "religion" if they'd like, it won't be LRH's Scientology however. It would be out-ethics after all to tamper with the perfect "tech".

If the abuses end, so does Scientology.
  26. Anonymous Member

THIS ^^^^

I went away for three days and came back, just in passing, and herrOh is still master of the thread, surprise surprise. Just ignore him. It works. You won't change what he thinks anyway, whatever that might be.
  27. Re: Rathbun Talks about Mike Rinder

I apologize for quoting Herro, i know better, it was the Lisa Macpherson references that I couldn't let sit.
  28. Anonymous Member

Point is: if he is a member of what he calls the Church, arguing with him is a waste of time since it is only likely to fix his beliefs more strongly.
    If he is not a member of this pernicious organisation, arguing with him is a waste of time since he doesn't believe in anything anyway and is only doing it to annoy. He's been having a lot of fun recently.
  29. Re: Rathbun Talks about Mike Rinder

I'm well aware, cheap shots at Lisa Macpherson just really crossed the line is all but you're absolutely right.
  30. Anonymous Member

Not me. Setting the record straight on what one says, or not agreeing and expressing it is not "attacking." (Scientologists tend to see it this way though.)
  31. JohnnyRUClear Member

lrn2letpeoplebewrongontheinternets
  32. Re: Rathbun Talks about Mike Rinder

lrn2mindurownbusiness, i'll post when i feel necessary, you can also.
  33. stuwyatt Member

Big lol @ people who genuinely believe Herro is a member of the CoS.

<3 Herro
  34. Anonymous Member

Then it seems you are in perfect alignment with Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder on this "natter board."

I can't figure out why you're a moderator here. You should review the purpose of this group.

(PS: double negative=equivocation)
  35. Anonymous Member

First of all I think the term "attack" was referring more to the notion,that right here, right now, MartyR should be considered a "target."

That aside, the point is that if you genuinely want to change someone's mind about Scientology, (or any other deeplyentrenched belief), you have to do it step by step,starting with small bite size portions. Hubbard knew this well, which is probably the main reason he made such a big deal about "gradients." But the mere fact that he was able to persuade perfectly intelligent.people that a poorly written science fiction story is the literal truth, proves just how powerful a "one small chunk at a time" approach can be.

So just as none of us are suddenly going to start believing the Xenu tale, no Scientologist - even faced with the best logic in the world - is suddenly going to accept that the whole thing is one huge scam.

So "no," open discussion is not an attack, but aggressive arguments that effectively dismiss a person's entire worldview, may well be taken as such.

Google video "Andreas in Hollywood"and watch Part 1, if want to watch a quality examle of a Scilon getting pwned in this manner.
  36. TinyDancer Member

"Attack" is not my word, but was introduced well before my use of it.

I agree with you. I would never suggest we stop expressing our views out of a misguided sense that people shouldn't have to hear alternative views.
  37. TinyDancer Member

Oh, it's you.
  38. Anonymous Member

Ok. Well I can't speak for others, but I personally don't consider Mark Rathbun as a target. But I sure feel free to comment rightly on wrongly on whatever he writes, or whatever stance of his suggested from whatever he writes, especially that he appears to brand himself as some sort of big whistle-blower.

Now I have a big problem with the above. Who gets to decide the size of said "steps," or which step is the appropriate one at any time? What is the rationale used to make the case that someone is bound to change their mind about Scientology sooner or later? Finally, who gets to decide that arguing a specific way with a Scientologist entitles one with a seal of being "genuine"? (In other words, give me a break.)

Andreas is not using any "special" technique: He is just arguing whatever claims the individual is offering. Pretty simple and that's the way I like it. I'm pretty sure Andreas doesn't fancy himself as some kind of cult-recovery counselor.

So Mark Rathbun is trying to make a point that DM is the problem and not Scientology? I point out at abuses pre-DM to make my point. Then I was from then on dismissed by MR who probably deemed my points "aggressive." His problem. I won't start to censor myself re. pre-DM Scietnology era purely on speculations that it's hurting poor MR's recovery to wog world. Again: His problem if the facts are inconvenient to his worldview.

If he is out there trying to convince the audience that DM is the only problem, Scientology is great, blah blah I will sure not restrain myself from setting the record straight if I feel so. And eating popcorn.
  39. xenubarb Member

I'm sure they miss those glittering events with crystal stemware and linen tablecloths. I'm sure they miss being part of the big dog pack at the top, feared and revered by everyone downstream of them. They certainly enjoyed a unique position of self importance in the cult, when things were going well for them. Like in the 80s, before Scientology turned into the joke butt of the 90s and onward to the present.

When DM falls, he probably will leave a vacuum at the top. But, if the Headleys and Laura Decrescenzo prevail in court, others will step forward for their share of compensation for lives wasted serving Hubbard's money machine. A lot of people are watching for the outcome, which could give the green light to thousands of similar cases.

Couple that with the possibility that the government may require the cult to pay minimum wage to its current minions, and that the case of Tony Alamo Ministries resulted in a decision that room and board may not be deducted from people given no choice as to where to live.

Scientology cannot possibly afford to pay minimum wage. Its Ideal Orgs are merely image. Many are not being maintained and stand empty. It's only real estate. Their coffers will drain to compensate these victims of slave labor. And they're just not raking in the raw meat like they used to do.

What's left for the next leader of Scientology? Lawsuits, failure, desperation and mopery, that's what. What could be more depressing than trying to hold together something that is effectively being dismantled by economic sanctions, exposure of front groups and criminality, and a public image that is overall negative in the general public's mind?

There is no question that Rathbun is still neck-deep in Hubbardian bull pucky. Take this, for instance:

I see nothing more positive than exposing the crimes of this fake church, exposing the subjugation and misery of its victims, and working to prevent others from falling into the trap. Fuck world hunger and global warming; these are issues better addressed over a big plate of tofu in hippieville.

Those issues have no solution, and it's a waste of time to try to order our planet to stop fucking with the climate as we like it. And people won't quit breeding, so world hunger is better addressed by gluing their women's knees together. Ain't gonna happen.

But, in LESS THAN TWO YEARS, we have had a horrific impact on Scientology; its image, its fraudulent front groups, giving its victims a voice.

I can't think of any better way to spend my "activism" dime. I don't consider myself an activist. I am a soldier and a warrior. If you think this isn't war, you're deluded. Our weapon is information and truth. We know what the cult's weapons are, and they are getting old, stale and less effective by the month.

Marty's attempt to suggest we could be doing "something better" with our time resonates with every Scientologist who's ever come up and asked why we don't do something worthwhile, like save the whales. We're saving people from falling into the trap, and I think that's a damned good thing to do.
  40. EyeOnSci Member

Ron is gone and the con is shrinking on....

Keep on calling 'em as you see 'em.

EyeOnSci