Customize

Ralph Nader speaks wisdom re Wikileaks

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by TinyDancer, Dec 20, 2010.

1. TinyDancer Member

Ralph Nader speaks wisdom re Wikileaks

Via Email.

2. LocalSP Member

Re: Ralph Nader speaks wisdom re Wikileaks

Very nice.
  3. anonsparrow Member

Hear! Hear!
  4. xenubarb Member

Nader makes more sense in one essay than I've seen all month from the media and government.
  5. Anonymous Member

6. grebe Member

Yeah this. Whatever sickness created Enron is still present in our economy.

We can't keep throwing trillions of dollars we don't have at corporations "too big to fail." I see no reason to believe the US Federal government is immune from the risk of becoming a failed state like the USSR.

We could lose a war with China we didn't even know we were fighting without ever firing a single bullet.

I'm an idiot when it comes to business so do not listen to me. That said, I wish there were a rule: everybody gets ONE fictitious entity to play with. That's it. If you sit on the board of directors for company A you cannot also be an officer for company B. Either you resign the board of A or you sell your interest in B. No more money laundering, cronyism, front companies of front companies, pyramids, or Ponzi schemes.

tl;dr: Forget Assange. Go after the corporate criminals.
  7. beverly Member

THIS! My sentiments exactly.
  8. Re: Ralph Nader speaks wisdom re Wikileaks

Kick for Nader.

It's so silly, his name is like kryptonite at some supposedly progressive blogs. Grown men cover their ears and go "lalalala" and scream "no U!" whenever it is brought up. Very funny, actually.
  9. Re: Ralph Nader speaks wisdom re Wikileaks

Finally some one with a voice people will listen to has spoken up in favour of Wiki Leaks. In the grand scheme of things I cant see it making any major changes, but it is a start.

Ralph Nader you are my new hero!
  10. Anonymous Member

makes you wonder how different things would be if nader had been elected instead of bush...
  11. Anonymous Member

For those who missed it cuz USA news sucks - Nader was also invited to speak before the senate judiciary committee last week on wikileaks.

YouTube - Ralph Nader: WikiLeaks is a 'Vast Distraction'

This is the first in a very long time Ralph has been welcomed with open arms on the hill, let alone in front of the Jcommittee. Rumor haz it that is was soon2be gone senator Arlen Specter's doing that got Ralph invited. If so - about damn time Arlen did something positive with his seniority influence. And here's hoping the consummate consumer advocate gets granted more opportunities like this to do what he does best.
  12. HookerMC Member

Cuz the governmnt by and large only deals in lies and deception. Maybe that's why they don't crack down on Miscarriage.
  13. HighWeirdness Member

Good to see Ralph in action on this. It would be good to see him in the news this way more often.
  14. cryok Member

Hear hear!
  15. grebe Member

Go get the corporate criminals, Ralph.

Can anyone explain to me how any human being is worth a salary of tens of millions of dollars per year? I sometimes wonder if there aren't a bunch of LRH types scamming corporate boards of directors with some variant of fraud tech.

Whenever I look up people behind anti-science movements, they usually turn out to be boomers in finance (e.g., John Mack, Howard Ahmanson, John Templeton). A lot of painful moonbattery would go away if we could simply take back the piles of money these people use to play God on a mission to "transform society."
  16. Sponge Member

Ralph Nader ehs a pretty cool guy and doesn't afraid of any government.

I believe he once stopped by a protest for a chat with anons outside the DC Org on his way to his office. The report is on here somewhere.

Wishful thinking....
    nadercos.jpg
  17. Ann O'Nymous Member

Nice.
  18. Zak McKracken Member

TBH, Nader makes more sense in this one essay than I've seen from him in the last ten years.

Its not that he's changed his stance or position or anything, but...
    In the fallout from the Y2K Election Crisis he spent most of his time bashing the Democrats (as fascist stooges, no different from the Republicunts) and crowed about how he'd won, and had saved the USA from Democrat flavored fascism- which burned most of the bridges he'd built among D-leaning liberals.

His next magic trick was burning bridges with the Greens (who were pissed off with him for trying to turn their party into a Nader vehicle, and wrecking their cred with all the other liberal factions). Lolsuits with Green leaders (and really, lack of any substantial championing of environmental causes) sealed that one.

He's been quiet for the last few years. Its nice to see him speaking up without directly trashing the peeps that'd been supporting him in the previous few rounds. While he's not really a badguy, he's wayyyy too much the troll to make much progress in the Americunt political machine, IMO.

No reason Anons can't embrace the troll partisans. Just don't forget what they are :D
  19. Anonymous Member

Motherfucking this.

I'll never forgive Nader for fucking up the Bush v. Gore election. Not ever. (Yes, I know there was much more to it than just his candidacy, but c'mon, had he not run, we'd have see Gore elected and spared ourselves 8 years of Bush).

Having said that, totally agree with Zak here. Best stuff out of Nader in years. I'm afraid it will be largely ignored by the folks who should read it the most.

/hanging chads
  20. AnonyVix Member

An excellent statement.
  21. DeathHamster Member

There's a cosmic buttload of stuff on Scientology at the Nader Library.
    The Ralph Nader Library

There's a lot more than are listed at the top level. Do a search Scientology, Hubbard, etc.

Hmm... It doesn't look like the search is finding stuff that I know is there. I'll check back for some links.

Added:
    Here we go!
    http://www.naderlibrary.com/cult.scientology.toc.htm
    Nah, the list is still not everything that's there. I don't see this listed:
    http://www.naderlibrary.com/Scientology Exhibit - 73 Fiche 1-3.pdf
  22. Re: Ralph Nader speaks wisdom re Wikileaks

Give credit where it's due. Gore fucked it up for himself. Had he shown even half of the passion and personality he has shown in the years since, Bush would have been nothing more than another loser. That said, Nader's been an asshole. I'm glad to see him returning to sanity.
  23. Mark Cabian Member

This topic was covered very well on NPR recently, and the shared point was that Wikileaks is a publication, like the NYT. Julian is just the reporter. Reporting is not yet a crime.
  24. DeathHamster Member

So long as the US can't produce (manufacture?) any back and forth that would implicate Julian in a conspiracy to steal the documents in the first place.

"Hey, I can get hot diplo cables. (a) this (b) that (c) other. Want?"
    "Gimmie (a), a double helping of (b), skip (c), and can you get some (d)?"

I'm sure that Julian used protection against getting snared that way.

...oh oh! :-P
  25. joewalsh Member

Is having Ralph Nader and wisdom in the same sentence an oxymoron? ;)
  26. LocalSP Member

I'll never forgive Nader for killing the Corvair.
  27. Re: Ralph Nader speaks wisdom re Wikileaks

Occasionally, he rises above his typical pit of fail. Don't expect to see it happen again any time soon. FWIW, Larry Flynt has also pitched $50k and similar words without the tl;dr. He may have a distasteful profession, but at least the people he's seen get screwed and provided fap material for got a happy ending, unlike the government.
  28. Anonymous Member

The Corvair was a fugly land boat. The rear engine design was brilliant. The tire pressure differential to prevent oversteer was fail. The Pontiac Tempest kicked its ass in almost every way. Even the Hino Contessa looked no worse than the Corvair.
  29. LocalSP Member

GM had to start somewhere. The Volkswagen Beetle rolled over far easier than the Corvair yet Nader didn't go after them. The only reason he went after GM was because he was leaked inside information on the Corvair.

ps. as a side note I loved my 64 Corvair Monza Spyder convertible. One of the best cars I ever owned.
  30. Anonymous Member

Okay, it didn't suck totally. Still, I would gladly have sex with a 1950s Oldsmobile 88 Convertible or any Ford from the 1940s.
  31. LocalSP Member

I just wish I had my old cars back. If I had them now in the condition I sold them in, I would be a multi millionaire.
  32. TinyDancer Member

It's not listed on the toc page, but if you click on the City of Clearwater Commission Hearings link it is listed on that page as Exhibit 73.
  33. Anonymous Member

Interesting site, but its run by a bunch of Nader groupies, not by Ralph Nader himself. The people behind it DO have an agenda, running somewhat parallel to Chanology (probably relevant to some peoples' interests?).

American-Buddha.com and ChildofFortune.com Site Map C

Basically, they're hunting down and fighting "Authoritarian Cults", by means of distributing relevant literature (some of it public domain/copyright expired, some of it copyright encumbered and probably not legal to distribute).

tl;dr
    One day these guys realized their religious practice (Tibetan Buddhism) was an authoritarian cult.
    The next day, they discovered authoritarian cults everywhere! And are now trying to stop all of them.

not sure if want e_e
  34. Anonymous Member

Tibetan Buddhism is an authoritarian cult? But I thought a 7 year old boy was Buddha reincarnate, even though he EOC'd/reached a higher level of enlightenment. I am very disappoint.