Customize

Rainbow buttons: poll

Discussion in 'Support Questions' started by Anonymous, May 20, 2012.

?

Do you like the new rainbow buttons

yes keep them 12 vote(s) 28.6%
no go back to just the like button 26 vote(s) 61.9%
other 4 vote(s) 9.5%
  1. Anonymous Member

Thanks. .. Also, .. EEEEP! .. Mods actually pay attention to my stupid trolling shit? Sometimes I forget Mods can actually view all my socks.

/r/ goatse button, FTW.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  2. Ersatz Global Moderator

Slow day here on WWP ;)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

Your poll does not make sense, because I say that rainbow buttons rulez, so they'll stay.
  4. The rainbow button is a hazy but beautiful jewel, when I push it the colors become clear and intense!!!
  5. Anonymous Member

^ step away from the bong / LSD tab
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. RightOn Member

ok, so how many "get rid of it" votes will it take to dump this faggotry?
    what is the cut off?
  7. CarltonBANKS Member

I fucking hate these rainbow buttons

Why do we have to press on a _like_ list to expand? I know a post is worth reading if it is liked by *Sponge*, or someone like that)

It's fuckimg annoying.

Why have you done this? Do you hate us?

Moan, moan, moan
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Is Sponge on vacation?
  9. CarltonBANKS Member

Its just that its all really ugly and annoying. Are you trying to mimic the MySpace clutter (before the most recent major redesign) ?
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. CarltonBANKS Member

No idea. The Sponge thing was an example. Like, I lookout for _likes_ from people whose opinions I might value, more than, you know, a random stranger
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Isn't it fabulous that we have so many more buttons than just like now?!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  12. CarltonBANKS Member

Or, to play devils advocate, they aren't that bad and they enrich the experience. Maybe there aren't enough little pictures
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

WHERE IS THE DAMN GOATSE BUTTON?
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. CarltonBANKS Member

these faggy buttons are the cancer that is killing WWP
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. Anonymous Member

Sorry to derail the whining but the change of colour is a good move.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Anonymous Member

Half in taupe (negative and indifferent) and half of them in color (positive) is a good way to go, imho.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. rof Member

make the gay one mean gay

you faggot
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Kilia Member

Taupe is fine too...either way I'm happy just as long as I can click on them. ;-)
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  19. CarltonBANKS Member

colour change is welcome improvement.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Anonymous Member

PLZ make URLs stand out, that would actually be a usefule usage of rainbow colors.

URL links in dead grey color is < complete the useless sentence >
    • Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  21. sue Administrator

I'm definitely going to spend the next few weeks writing a style from scratch, considering the level of appreciation displayed for the amount of work that has been done this week.

Thanks you guys.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

Dammit Sue, you are a really useful admin, and can get shit done.

Why the counterproductive sarcasm?

No, I'm not trolling, but [sarcasm] I am kissing your ass in case this forum becomes Facebook compliant.

Still waiting for the really useful goatse button. Or a B&W rainbow button. [/sarcasm]

@ Sue, I seriously ADORE this forum, it allows me to let off steam from the pressure cooker of IRL crap. And kick silly Scentology in the balls.

Seriously, I sometimes wonder if you realize just how much change this site can actually create, IRL.

Why do you want to introduce smiley/rainbow copy & paste nonsense into feedback for some of the really uesful and well-written posts here on WWP? This is a real question, not a troll.

Props for running this site, and putting up with cantankerous oldfags like me.
    • Old Old x 2
  23. sue Administrator

Showing appreciation doesn't mean I expect anyone to kiss my ass or make an overt about how much they like me. What could be done without is inane commentary that boils down to: I don't like this because rainbows and unicorns.
    Take for example [USER=63125]Malory[/USER] . Malory made a useful comment, there are probably too many options and it might be a good idea to cut down on a few of them.

Point being, instead of moaning about how some ratings suck, say which ones you find useful.
    Some of you haven't bothered thinking about a good way to use for example the agree and disagree ratings. One of the scenarios where this can be useful is in planning threads. There is a maximum of one poll per thread, using the agree and disagree options creatively would for example allow for mini polls in planning threads.

Hey guys, what about we do this, agree / disagree?

This saves creating a whole new thread just to poll opinions on an aspect of something larger.

It's not unforeseeable to down the line implement filtering thread posts by rating. If you want to see the informative posts without wading through pages full of funny one liners and shoops, those ratings should allow to sort posts. Likewise, if you're not into srsbsns and just want to see funny shoops instead of Tl;Dr, filtering a thread by funny would allow you for a quick 'lol look I shooped a burito into Tom's mouth' break.

Last but not least, some posts are simply to dumb, old news or poorly executed to be considered of any interest to anyone. You can make those posts go away by voting them down.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

^ intelligent rant
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. Anonymous Member

I appreciate all the hard work you put into this board, Sue and I'm not just saying this to kiss some ass. I try not to complain about changes because I know what it's like to do upkeep on websites and the like.

I think the agree/disagree option would be a good idea. Though I will miss some of the trolling buttons, but whatever. Bawww and all.
    • Like Like x 2
  26. Hi Sue! I loved the rainbow button but your friend nightfire says you are fixing the anonymous button. That's probably more important. Keep up the great work!
  27. Nightfire knows nothing.

Nothing I tell you.
    Nightfire knows nothing.
  28. Are you saying she makes shit up?
  29. OK, if NightFire lied and sue isn't fixing the anonymous button.........how about a Rainbow Unicorn Butterfly Kitten button?

[IMG]
  30. Can I have a dollar
  31. 630

[IMG]
  32. fishypants Moderator

this-thread-is-relevant-to-my-interests.jpg