Customize

Raid on LA's Maiden Voyage Event, 07/03/09

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by Smurf, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Smurf Member

Raid on LA's Maiden Voyage Event, 07/03/09

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZbSL9vn3K8&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Raid on L.A. Maiden Voyage Event, Part 1[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXILoBYkn_0&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Raid on L.A. Maiden Voyage Event, Part 2[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJVd7ue7eRQ&feature=channel]YouTube - Raid on L.A. Maiden Voyage Event, Part 3[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WqBlCcJxw0&feature=channel]YouTube - Raid on LA Maiden Voyage Event, Part 4[/ame]

2. CantPickaName Member

Re: Raid on LA's Maiden Voyage Event, 07/03/09

LOL

what is this? "SeeHowHappyWeAre Tech"?
  3. Anonymous Member

It's "don't make slappy look bad tonight" tech.
  4. firebug Member

It looks like the Bureau of Street Services was opposed to the granting of the street closure license citing scientology's history of violations of permit conditions and complaints from local residents .
    There was initially a motion to the Board of public works to deny the licence but was changed to a motion to approve the licence.

http://ens.lacity.org/bpw/agendas/bpwagendas8661096_07012009.pdf

City of Los Angeles

http://eng.lacity.org/docs/dpw/agendas/2009%2F200907%2F20090701/st/20090701_ag_br_st_4.pdf
  5. Auntie Osa Member

Firebug, is the amended report available? (nice research, by the way)

I'm loving watching these vids, now that I know the players.

Lol @ "SeeHowHappyWeAre Tech". I asked them often "Why are Scientologists so unhappy?"

Still, even if they're acting under orders to look happy, these things can have an effect.

Nice work, Smurf and Anons.

AO, what's with the shirt? "I RUN THIS"? It should read "WE RUN THIS"! urdoinitrong
  6. firebug Member

I haven't been able to find it yet
    Socal anons might have a better idea of where to look
  7. Snake Member

He's always done it wrong.
  8. Snake Member

Usually if you ask, they'll provide it.
  9. q_p Member

You and AGP should buy mono-pods. I use one occasionally when I photograph but the best part is you can grab the bottom of the pod and hold it in the air. The pod I use gives me about a meter elevation, more than enough to photograph over the barriers that surround the event from a safe distance. Plus you can use them in many other ways, like looking around corners and steadying the camera for dim light shots.
  10. Anonymous Member

This was a pretty cool event.
    We were able to get closer than most past events of this nature at Pac Base as the scilons blocked LRH Way...but they could not block the sidewalks.

Alex the Ukranian was funny trying to be all Mr. Tough Guy. He tried a TR stare on me the entire time in concert with another equally quiet handler. I was literally in a scilon sandwich with one on either side staring at my ears. Pro tip...this does not work on wogs, fellas. But thanks for the attention anyway. That is not creepy at all! I hope his religious worker visa covers staring at people.

Scientologists had to enter either on Sunset or Fountain, no matter where they parked...and critics were there on both sides. (a few public did sneak into a side entrance on Catalina, but that was not normal and it implies they KNEW to avoid the real entrances.)

So the public got to hear that their PC folders were not confidential, told about the SP Times article (and how free people should not fear to read it), how there are no OTs, etc, etc...

Sad to see so many children going. And so many handlers (other than the regular ones) talked about growing up in scientology. I spoke to one who was trying to use curiosity tech to keep me busy rather than informing the arrivees of the SP Times. He said he was not only raised in scientology, but his grandparents had been the first followers. And yet he said he did not know who Tommy Davis was. When I mentioned TD does the media work that Mike Rinder used to, he knew Rinder, but was not aware that he blew. Hopefully he cares enough to think about that.

I also spoke to one SO handler who was using the askmeanything tech to keep us busy and away from the people arriving. So I asked him how many hours he works a week. He thought about it for a few seconds...looking like he was adding it all up, and said "about 100 hours". Myself and other anons said that that was far too many, and he implied it would be for US, but he had no problem with it and probably slept more than we did. Doubtful. When I mentioned that working so many hours leaves no reflective time...that he was only working, eating and sleeping, he scoffed. I informed him that there are still only 24 hours in a day, even in scientology, and he needs to learn to count. He was also raised in the cult. He has never known anything else. Very sad.
    There was no ex-SO near me at that time. This guy needs to speak to one. It may not do any good, but it might make a dent.

---

A good night was had and while people going in were probably thought that we were all jerks and bugging them, or that we don't get it...I hope a little seed has been planted as to why we were there and why Miscavige can't do a thing about it.
    ---

The new scientology sign was up but still not yet lit. There is supposed to be an official ceremony in a few days or so....won't that be fun!

---
    And this lady is never ever any fun at raids. Never even cracks a smile. Just looks constipated the entire time. No confront what so ever. Our other handlers will engage and laugh or smile at our antics. She and Alex the Ukrainian told to me step away from them, I said I had a right to stand where I was....then Alex said he was telling me a second time to move. I guess he is used to people doing what he says. I declined again. So this lady said I was stalking her and she was going to tell the police (who were about 15ft away). I did not move, she went to the police....and the police did not bother to walk the 15 feet to tell me to move. FAIL.

2v9d93m.jpg
  11. LilDebbie Member

t smurf is there a tl;dw version to your vids? as fascinating as the marquee/tent revelation was, i don't really care. give me lulz!
  12. RightOn Member

As always Smurf, thanks fot the vids.
  13. Snake Member

*fixed
  14. Anonymous Member

Nope. He tried it...and I talked to him WHEN NO PUBLIC were around.

You can be such a jerk face at times. Next time I see you, I am gonna give you a cunt punch.
  15. Sponge Member

Great vids and good commentary, thnx Smurf.

Is this a record for being the highest number of OSA/handlers for so few SPs?

I think we get used to the way they behave. It must look like absolute batshit lunacy to anyone who has never seen the cult in action this way. Even just the little things like watching AGP walking backwards across the street with the milf scilon acting like shes on a mission, following intensly with camera, is still just as insane to look at now as it was years ago.
  16. Sam Urai Member

Smurf, as usual, nice job!
  17. Ogsonofgroo Member

Right on Smurf, another set of awesome reportage All! TY!
    What??? No giant gaudy butt-fugly Sci-sign lighting up half the city?? Oh boo!

~ :D

@ Sponge> Indeed it does, when friends or family take a gander at some of the culty antics vids there is alot of shaking of heads, once explained that they actually think they're being awesome deep or something, usually ends in fits of chuckles and them going and looking up moar stuff on CoS.
    Inoculation fer de Nations!

:)
  18. Anon-007 Member

Superb videos Smurf.

And it seems that AO is back to being a twat again ;)
  19. FUCK Member

Did AO ever stop being a twat?
  20. Anon-007 Member

Well, I suppose not.

In reality, AO just got considerably fatter!

From Smurf's videos on the first page of this post:

Timmy Armor: How tall are you (AO)?
    Anal Orange: I'm over 6 foot tall, err about 5 foot 9 which is virtually 6 foot.
    Timmy Armor: And how heavy are you?
    Anal Orange: About 247 pounds.
    Timmy Armor: Well fuck me! You fat cunt. You're as heavy as I am, and I'm 6 inches taller than you are - you orangey pedo twat.
    Anal Orange: Let's both go on a diet Timmy, and see how much we can lose.
    Timmy Armor: Fuck off you orange fatso!
  21. alexm Member

Good videos Smurf, sorry I couldn't make it.
  22. Smurf Member

The question remains in whether this approved permit status includes the dates of Friday, July 10, Friday, July 17, and Friday, July 24.

The Maiden Event is a 4-week event in Clearwater.
    Flag: Maiden Voyage Event Schedule 2009 - Ex Scientologist Message Board
  23. Smurf Member

Funny you mention this. While I was engaged in conversation with Officer Bowman, AO disappeared. Tim Armer walked over to us & mocked AO about his weight loss challenge and pointed to the outside food stand at the hispanic cafe on Fountain Ave. 1/2 block from Big Blue, where AO could be seen eating.

Of course, when one Scilon douchebag laughs, the other handlers laugh on cue.

Tim told Bowman he & Patty were planning on going to the cafe to get a bite to eat, but would be nauseated watching AO gorging himself on tacos. Bowman laughed.
  24. Smurf Member

Sorry, Debbie. It was a joking dig at AnonSparrow who has been crapping on me for calling the Scilon tent a "tent". It was done in fun. See comments on my "Big Blue's new SCIENTOLOGY sign, 07/01/09" video.

AnonSparrow1: It's not a tent. It's a marquee. Try granting the Scilons some beingness by calling their tent a marquee once in awhile. Quit invalidating their reality.

And since you brought up dictionaries, M3 wordclear sarcasm. I'll check you out on it later. You'll probably still flunk though.

Xenusmurf: The Scilons aren't complaining about being invalidated. YOU are. Have you been recovered?? You sound like an angry Scilon.
  25. Anonymous Member

Patty was hiding. That is low on the tone scale. If she made an appearance, I was not aware of it. Tom Burpee stayed inside a lot as well. But he stayed near the gates and did not get to be an audience member for the event.
  26. Anonymous Member

Where the hell is the enturbulation, where are the protest signs? It looks as though you were just meeting up with some old friends.
  27. Smurf Member

Report to your Ethics officer.
  28. Anon-007 Member

I don't quite know why, but AO seems to have really let himself go.

True, he was never the slimmest of anons, but I think he's got some kind of issue that he needs to resolve.

With all the protesting he does, he should be as slim as a rake.

Then again, AGP has developed a bit of a paunch as well - maybe these two things are connected?
  29. alexm Member

It shall be done... NOT!
  30. Anon-007 Member

Alex, please show some respect to Papa Smurf.

And remember that he has access to various harnesses and restraints.

Unless, of course, you are a girl ;)
  31. Smurf Member

Obviously, you were not there. 5 Anons & 1 fat smurf freaked the daylights out of the scilons and had them scurrying. Even the elderly maintenance guy from HGB was seen by the entrance to Big Blue with a long-range camera aimed at the anons on Fountain.

It only takes a few committed anons to show up to make an impact, signs or no signs, unless you're there to impress your friends.
  32. Smurf Member

33. tofuman Member

When are you going to file your complaint about the Cops Smurf?
  34. i'mglib Member

Nice job, Smurf. Between you and Anonsparrow, who needs television?
  35. Smurf Member

Monday.
  36. JohnnyRUClear Member

I showed a 60-something friend part of WBM's classic 10-year-old July 4 video with the 3 (aggressive) Stooges getting in Mark's face (and camera lens), and he couldn't take more than a couple minutes of it. Creepy cultists are creepy.

Yes... fewer and fewer Scilons... AGP and AO getting fatter and fatter...... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....?
  37. Sponge Member

38. the anti Member

photos on the way, just got back from being molested by weeaboos for 4 days.

i took a little break from it to raid and i got a lot of scilons
  39. the anti Member

40. i'mglib Member

Forgive me for this stupid question, but I must ask. It looks like you guys were in close proximity to a lot of public Scientologists. Did you inform them about the SP Times article? Also, it looks like An Hero was videoing. That would be a good one to post, hint hint.

Also, great photos TA.