Customize

Raid Gold Base January 24th, 2009

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by Spylon, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spylon Member

Raid Gold Base January 24th, 2009

Wiki on Gold Base

On January 24th, 1986, L Ron Hubbard left Teegeeack (aka "Earth") for Target 2 (I guess not even L Ron knew how to Stay on Target.) This is also known as the day L Ron died of a stroke with psych drugs in his system, but that's just silly SP nonsense.

I urge you, fellow anons, to join me and others from around the world to protest at Gold Base. This mission will be dangerous. Tiny Davey is tiny, and he will not enjoy our presence there, just as he did not enjoy AnonOrange.

I live over a thousand miles from Gold Base, but I will be flying out there. Round trip tickets are not too expensive depending on where you buy them. I recommend Hotwire.com, avoid Orbitz like the plague. Or car pool with as many anons as possible. Road trips are awesome.

So it comes down to this, who else will come?

EDIT: Well shit, I ran into some "financial problems." I won't be able to make it after all. Here's the thread at the SoCal forum Target 2 Day, aka LRH died with psych drugs in his system day
  2. AnonOrange_ Member

Re: Raid Gold Base January 24th, 2009

Hold off on Gold until you hear the full story.
  3. Optimisticate Member

The full story on..... what?
  4. AnonOrange_ Member

Wait for the trial.
  5. xenubarb Member

If there IS a trial...
  6. Snake Member

THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST
  7. Re: Raid Gold Base January 24th, 2009

This has already been a trial.
  8. Fuckeye Member

I see no reason people should wait to plan a raid, just because you're saying to wait. The raid is planned for after the trial anyway, so if for whatever reason anything happens there to affect this (which I seriously doubt), it's easy enough to change plans.
    IMO, we raid where we want, when we want. Who needs permission?
  9. Spylon Member

10. Forseti Member

By the time your case gets to trial, it will be several months. If, in fact, the DA filed on you.

You might have to sit this one out. :-p
  11. monamia Member

Spylon posted:

Jan. 24th

So who else is with me on this?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not me and it's only an hour away.
    I think it is MASSIVELY dangerous out there.

I'm feeling a push-back from SoCalAnons on this plan.
    BUT no one is stopping anyone from doing what they want to.
    If you wish to visit Southern California in January, then do it!
    It's just that I'm not seeing a need to support for AO by planning a "raid" at Gold.
    The support for AO would probably be better in the form of donations to Graham Berry.
    Again, up to each individual. I am not soliciting.
  12. Redshirt Member

If I manage to make it to America by then I'm in for sure.
  13. monamia Member

Anytime you get here, redshirt, we can show you hollywood and blue. I'm in for that!
  14. Re: Raid Gold Base January 24th, 2009

I will be going, if anyone is passing through north Indiana on their way there.
  15. monamia Member

(I like your soviet realist avatar. have a little collection of those posters myself!)
  16. Spylon Member

This is more than about supporting AnonOrange. This is more about telling Scientology that it fails at stopping us and that fair-game will NOT work.
  17. Re: Raid Gold Base January 24th, 2009

Well thank you! Its always good to find a fellow admirer of soviet propaganda.
  18. Jeff Jacobsen Member

I'll repeat myself from another thread. I hope people planning to protest at Gold understand the unique situation there and learn from those who have already protested there all the strange rules you have to go by to stay safe from both the cops and the Scientologists. Just a quick list of things to think about:

where to park is important, so they don't claim you're trespassing
    where to walk is important. There are no sidewalks.
    you're out in the middle of nowhere. Whatever you need you have to bring with you.
    No restroom facilities nearby.
    the security dudes are pretty much insane.
    the cops aren't much better.
    don't be alone for a second, because if something happens it's just your word against sciolon's.
    videotape nonstop, with more than one camera.
    traffic whizzes by, make sign letters huge.

I personally don't see much advantage to protesting at Gold. There is no audience there. You probably do piss off DM, but there are many ways to do that while reaching more public. It is one of the more dangerous places to protest from traffic, isolation, and craziness. But if you do decide to protest there, Godspeed.
  19. Sock Puppy Member

Definitely, those of us who have been there need to help organize newbies coming out to protest.

Vehicles (preferably vans) should be rented to go there, because there's nowhere to park where you will not get platefagged.

The police will tell you where you can and can't walk (mostly you can walk in the bike path next to the highway). Boss Hog disingenuously tried to steer us away from protesting at the main entrance, but relented when pressed as to legality of it.

The most important thing, is maintain visual contact with your party at all times. That was our mistake, AO was out of sight for just a few minutes when he got jumped. It was just like watching a horror movie where someone wanders off from the group. You know what's going to happen next, and it's not pretty.

Take fresh film and fully charged batteries for your video cameras and keep you cameras at the ready at all times.

Unlike Jeff, I believe there are good reasons to protest Gold. Some of them are provided by the Scilons. I.E., if they're willing to take such extreme measures to counter the protests, I figure we must really be hitting a nerve.

And we are. The worldwide organization of COS is essentially run out of Int. Base. Also, the worst abuses take place there.

They take unbelievable measures to "protect" the initiates inside from being exposed to the "entheta" of protesters. Mark Headley has talked about how everyone inside the base is restricted to quarters everytime there's a protest, even if it's just one person.

And I won't even talk about the "doom note!"

I believe there's safety in numbers and they're freaking out because they have never had protesters in these large of groups descending on Gold Base.

Unfortunately, their heavy-handed assault on AO has backfired and just pissed off more people. Hopefully they'll get a clue and figure out that they don't make the laws yet.

I would also be careful about making your signs too big. Boss Hog got on us for doing anything that would cause motorists to slow down. Of course, he's just a cultie buy-a-cop, so take that for what it's worth. He may have a point though.

20. Jeff Jacobsen Member

Yeah, for the signs, I meant bigger letters, fewer words. Not bigger signs.
    It may be that something amazing will come from protesting at Gold. Heck, I might even come over if I have free time. And I'm willing to be proven wrong. It's just important for newbies to know just what to expect is my main point. Be prepared. Be safe.
  21. Sock Puppy Member

Well, I don't think you're "wrong" at all in the points you bring up about raiding there.

For one thing, you pretty much have zero interaction with the public (though I was impressed with how many people honked their horns in support of us). I actually was able to talk to a few locals, and they all knew quite a bit about Scientology and Int. Base, which was pretty interesting though not totally surprising.

Unlike most raids, though, the point is not educating the public, it's getting to the people inside. Granted, most of them are being sheltered from any exposure to us, but I believe even that's significant.

Given the atmosphere at Gold, I think that any activity there can have an impact on people wanting to blow, which ultimately may be the most important thing.

I know, I meant bigger letters as well. You just want to be careful about being too successful in getting the attention of motorists, because the cops will get on you for that.

I think a big Xenu.net sign would be perfect. Easy to read, gets the message across, people don't have to slow down to read it.

22. Re: Raid Gold Base January 24th, 2009

Oh, i thought it was less isolated. And this new information does change things, but i am still undeterred. Once again, i will be willing to go if someone is going though north Indiana.
  23. i'mglib Member

PM me when the time gets closer. I'll rent a car.
  24. Spylon Member

Alright, there will be at least a few others coming in from out-of-state. That's awesome.

By the way, what city are the local anons from that protest at Gold Base?
  25. Sock Puppy Member

A lot of the Anons who have been protesting come from some of the surrounding counties, like LA, Orange and San Diego.

26. DamOTclese Member

I think a few of the ARSCC "Old Guard" would go for that though there's not really enough Scientology customers remaining at Gilman Hot Springs to make it a meaningful protest, is there? Far better to turn out in Los Angeles and Hollywood to protest the murder of Lisa since there isn't many people left at Gilman, not like there used to be.
  27. Tyrian Member

Giving this a bump.

Is this still happening, and who's organizing it?
  28. RavenEyes Member

New county restrictions passed on protest distance at Gold AND AO BIT A SCILON GUARD??? Riverside County supervisors OK limits on picketing in residential neighborhoods | Politics | PE.com | Southern California News | News for Inland Southern California
  29. Spylon Member

300 ft? Someone break out the measuring tape.

This is an inconvenience. I'll have to check on the locals on where the protest can take place.
  30. avbb Member

You should also contact the ACLU and find out if this new restriction is violating the 1st Amendment

31. auchraw Member

If you want to see what's on the ground at Gold Base, Google Gilman Hot Springs and walk up and down the road. The Freezone entry on the same topic is also worth looking at.

But this is not a normal target and the Scithugs seem to be getting trigger-happy. So go very carefully. We don't need martyrs.
  32. Jeff Jacobsen Member

This is similar to how Scientology got the permament injunction in Clearwater that potentially covers all protesters. Bob Minton hit a Scientologist, and from there they whined to the judge that the protesters are all evil, so somehow from what Bob did everybody is restricted. Similiarly, if some statements are true, what Anon Orange did wiill now restrict all protesters because Scientology whined to the board that the protesters are all evil.
  33. A.Non Hubbard Member

AO is such an incredible moron I wouldn't be surprised if he bit a guard.

That being said, sounds like Rivercide passed an illegal law.
  34. 0815 Member

The ordinance has been copied and the original has passes all legal assaults. This is here to stay and we know who is responsible. THANK YOU AO!
  35. xenubarb Member

How many people live in the Golden Era Productions studio?
    SLEEPING ON THE FLOOR DURING A MAJOR PROJECT DOES NOT COUNT, AMIRITE!

I think Jeff Stone needs to be taken to task for calling us "hatemongers" in print.
    And "reporter" Julia also needs some stick for failing to include "allegedly" in her article,
    and failing to present both sides of the incident. Like the part where AO was ambushed, f'r instance.
  36. 0815 Member

AO is done with and they nail his ass to the floor as excample. To bad you can't eat popcorn in court because I already got my supply.
  37. Relyt Member

As much as I hate that AsshOle, they still had no right to do what they did to him. I hope he wins his case, but I also hope he stays far away from the rest of the socal anon. It wasn't really his fault that this happened, because of how he was lured into a trap that, really anyone could have fallen for, given the situation. But please note the fact that I will only defend him on that particular event, as he still is part of the cancer when it comes to participating with this cell's activity.
  38. Dubber Member

FYI: Frisby v. Schultz

This situation is slightly different, in that residences and business operations have been placed close together by the same people.
  39. Dubber Member

Zone map:
    k3keg5.png

R-1 is single-family residential.
    R-5 is residential rec facilities.
    W-2 is educational institutions, guest ranches, country clubs and churches.
    The Gilman House area is zoned R-3, which is multiple-family residential.

Legal challenges might theoretically be possible based on misuse of zones (e.g. film studio on recreational land) and lack of an alternative forum due to the defensive layout, but that takes money and I'm not holding my breath.
  40. HatGirl Member

Trying to figure out where the 300ft line is around Gold Base.

Heh.

A brother pokes his sister in the back seat of the family car. Sister complains. The parents tell the brother to stop it. The brother then positions his finger about a centimeter from his sister's cheek, repeating the phrase "I'm not touching yooouuu... I'm not touching yooouuu...."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.