Customize

/r/ wordfilter

Discussion in 'Support Questions' started by Anonymous, May 21, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

/r/ wordfilter

It's been pointed out just how much David Miscavige dislikes attention being drawn to himself, whether in his role as COB, or when he's just chilling at home: plain old Davey.

Given the terror midget's well-known obsession with stats (and apparently (and very plausibly)), Google rankings too. Doing everything in our power to ensure that people know the truth about the evil, little, git would definitely be a good thing.

So good, that if we're effective, it's very likely we'll be personally handing DM the ammo for his next bit footbulleting (TM).
  2. Anonymous Member

3. Anonymous Member

4. timthephoto Member

Re: /r/ wordfilter

what about POODLE his favorite nickname
  5. Anonymous Member

POODLE like the small dog? I didn't know that one. I figured he would have been more of a chihuahua
  6. Anonymous Member

No, we're not talking wordfiltering David Miscavige into somebody else. That is a terrible idea, IMO. What OP is asking for is tha David Miscavige be automatically linked to a specific site if the name isn't already a link. And I agree with that idea.
  7. A.Non Hubbard Member

8. Zak McKracken Member

Bump for newgais to great justice.

So, yeah.
    Some of the newgais, they find words we use to be offendsinve,
    this is normal. They learn to adapt, or they go away.

But some of the newgais, they use words that we find to be offendsinve too.
    (for different reasons. Mostly its because WWP users somehow think that mentioning bombs and stuff is going to bring on the partyvan.)

I'm not a hueg fan of filters, rather I support creative ways of evading them.
    But since they're coming anyway, which new filters would YOU support?

Any suggestions from the rabble, before Sue gets drunk and sets up a whole bunch that nobody likes?
  9. Anonymous Member

I find every occurrence of "Zak McKracken" offensive and vote that it be changed
    to "fwuffy bwunny huggsies". :)
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Ersatz Global Moderator

Would love to see tired overused words be filtered away. Slappy, miscabbage, dwarf, asthmatic, any bastardization of the word Scientology such as Scamology and any word that should be spelled with an s but is instead spelled with a $

And filter Smurf fawning over Tommy Davis cause that always makes me throw up in my mouth just a little
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Re: /r/ wordfilter

this ^

I would also like to add "stay on target" be filtered to "I am incapable of dealing with more than one issue at a time"
  12. Anonymous Member

No fucking word filters please.
  13. Zak McKracken Member

how about:
    $cientology -> 卍cientology?
  14. new guy Member

sʇndıp ʍoɹp ɟıןʇǝɹs ɐɹǝ sʇndıp.
    :eek:
  15. Ersatz Global Moderator

Ok that is just annoying.
  16. Miranda Member

I want to know how you did that, new guy!

My pet peeve is "Scilon." It's best to say Scientology or Church of Scientology (EVEN THOUGH IT ISN'T ONE) so those words will be associated with this site. I know, I know, it offends some people to say church and Scientology in the same sentence. But think of it as turning their fake ill-gotten tax exemption against them.
  17. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

What I never got is: Why is it if I say "moral" and "fag" it comes out: Douche bag. I never got the point of it and never understood it.
  18. Miranda Member

19. Nataku Member

It's mostly an abbreviation for "Scientologist".
  20. ...and it forces you to get out of your seat. (oh, so that's what exercise feels like)
  21. new guy Member

I don't need filters to be annoying ¦(
  22. Miranda Member

Yes, it forces you to turn your head upside down. Exercise!

And yeah, I know Scilon is an abbreviation. I'm not opposed to it out of being offended--it's a practical matter.
  23. strobe Member

I'd rather not have to say Church of Scientology, but I doubt many people search for Church of Scientology when they could just search for Scientology, people are lazy that way. I support wordfiltering David Miscavige to David Miscavige however. But would that cause problems if people use David Miscavige as part of a link? Like if I linked to Scientology Leader, David Miscavige like that, and then it went through the wordfilter?

See this is why I mourn our signatures, they were so good for this.

But please, no excessive wordfiltering. Lulzy ones now and again, I'm all for.