Customize

/r/ Rape forum

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Anonymous Member

Start planning threads u.
  2. What's worse than finding a worm in your apple?

Rape.

But seriously, folks, finding anons who are invested in countering rape culture is pretty fucking heartening.
  3. Anon_CG3(ITA) Global Moderator

That's what i try to explane before to be trolled.
    Anyway your post is clear, and confirm my think: sometimes people choose ways to fix problems, but many times that way is wrong.
    Be carefull i said just the way, not the intent.
  4. Anonymous Member

I think it's worth us remembering that this (WWP) isn't really a suitable place to be a support forum for rape victims.

There is bound to be some trolling - there may sometimes be some humour. And both of those are bound to be unsuitable for most recent victims of rape.

The healing process is certainly very important - but I don't think it's something that we can do here on WWP (or on any public-access internet forum IMO).

So IMO while we can use this forum to organise, discuss, etc, if we try to prevent anything which might be unsuitable for people who have recently been raped from being posted here, then (IMO) we're setting ourselves up to fail.

We should redirect rape victims in need of healing to a more suitable venue.

Just MHO.
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Anonymous Member

(Which doesn't mean we can't support / promote / campaign for other services and places which do aim to help in the healing process).
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

That is very true.

However, this section of WWP is more or less designed to help with bringing to light cases that normally don't get any attention. It wouldn't hurt to do as you said and put up some resources to direct victims on here to the appropriate help.

Granted, I don't think anybody here expects WWP, or any website for that matter, to replace getting real help for such a traumatic event. Still, for a site such as this to bring this discussion much needed attention and provide some way to provide the steps for help can be a benefit despite the usual trolling and crap.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. fishypants Moderator

Right. A sticky thread for 'victim help and resources'?

What help/resources are good?
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Anonymous Member

9. Not even a Penn fan, but damn, that's good.
  10. Random guy Member

Neither is WWP a suitable place for the recently out scientologist. We have ESMB for that. As long as we have a similar system to direct the recently raped to a more suitable site, I don't think we'll have a problem. The Steubenville and Nova Scotia cases has shown that the anon method is not best employed in direct contact with the victim, but by working anonymously (hah!) in the shadows, making the authorities feel our breath down their necks.
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Anonymous Member

Right. Anonymous is good at being abrasive.

That being the case, WWP is not a suitable venue for counselling people who are vulnerable.

Of course, we can support counselling services - and other victim-support-services.

Star+Trek+-+Troi+COL+copy.gif
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Anonymous Member

You can bet your bottom dollar that rape victims have the internets too. Some will find their way here. Drawn in by a group that stands vocally behind them. So no hard and fast rulz, Just play it by ear IMHO. We can be a little organic about this cant we?
  13. Random guy Member

We are with Xes, so I can't see why not.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Alright. Apparently this is starting to veer off course and many here are missing the point as to what the Rape section is about.

Let's start by explaining what the section is about and what it is not.

/r/ is about:
    • Bringing to light situations like Steubenville, Rehtaeh Parsons, or cases similar in nature.
    • Planning actions for those interested that are legal and help promote attention to cases similar to Steubenville.
    • Continuing the discussion about the Rape Culture. The can of worms has already been open, might as well finish.
    • A resource location for any links, dox, vids, etc. for those interested in engaging this topic.
    /r/ is NOT about:
    • A rape joke resource area. That is what the Thunderdome is for.
    • A means for substituting professional psychological help for victims. No website on Earth can do that and have a 100% effective rating.
    • A huggie box for rape victims. See above reason.
    • A substitute for current objectives (ie: Anon Vs. Scientology, Freedom of Information, OWS, etc.) Correct me if I am wrong, but last I checked, Anonymous can multi-task rather well and the Counter-Rape Culture is as optional as OWS.
    Now, some who have been posting here have made great points about things here. One point I'm going to address is this:

If a thread gets saturated with rape jokes or goes off topic, guess where it will end up? Just like any other derail in any other thread. I won't hesitate to do it.

Carry on.
    • Like Like x 3
  15. fishypants Moderator

hC4B8AFEA.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  16. TMOT Member

I would hope so.
    I am so, so into this. Thanks all for doing it!
  17. Anonymous Member

great solution.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  19. TMOT Member

Awesome, thanks.
  20. And the Brainstorm, is, umm, totally down yo!
    Awaiting orders from the Buanna's
  21. Guys please help us stopping those pedo's by either hacking(etc) their ip or share their ip to the police or others
    WONKY LINK DELETED
    Remember using vpn to not be tracked i recomend Tor as browser
  22. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Hi. If you have information on pedophiles please report it to law enforcement. You can do it anonymously. Your link is ......wonky. We don't hack.
    https://report.cybertip.org
    Reporting to law enforcement is the first step. No report- pedophiles not stopped.