Customize

/r/ art for NYC/MFO Beach Party

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by pokeanon, Aug 4, 2011.

1. pokeanon Member

NYCAnon/MFO is launching what will hopefully be a fairly large lunacy event mocking Scientology in the face.

We're currently lacking in quickly available artistic talent, so we need help making a collage out of prior beach themed things to show that this is at very least possible. Source images linked below

http://imgur.com/O2CPo&27o2k&YTEQK&...rts&phFfq&f6Py7&G6xDn&DcxgC&gsX06&cJ5pO&atFs8

"TIMES SQUARE BEACH PARTY AGAINST SCIENTOLOGY
    Aug 20th 5 - 7:15 pm 227 w46th st
    Hosted by NYCAnon/Motherfuckery.org" should be overlaid somewhere especially if those parts of the pictures stink. We can probably mess with this ourselves, but it's a pretty simple thing to do so why not?
    • Like Like x 2
  2. WMAnon Member

I can take a stab at it, I'll post later on with a draft.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

stab it with a knife
  4. another123 Member

Didn't exactly make what you asked for, in fact didn't follow directions at all (just like anon).
    But felt like throwing this together:
    thumbnail:
    [IMG]
    download @ google docs
    • nycanon-large.bmp downoad and resize to fit whatever media you're printing on.
    • blank-large.bmp download, open up in paint, insert your own text/url, resize to fit whatever media you're printing on.
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Anonymous Member

I have to admit, it is attention getting. I thought it was an ad for a nightclub until I read it. By that I mean stopped looking at the butt.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. WMAnon Member

.bmp? really?
  7. WMAnon Member

Right now I'm stabbing your girlfriend

..'s picture. with an eraser.
  8. LocalSP Member

It should have Frankie and Annette.
  9. another123 Member

yep, buttmap. really, just so anybody could edit it.
    Funny you should say that, was trying to figure out how to incorporate Beach Blanket Bingo.
  10. LocalSP Member

Beach Blanket Boner?
  11. WMAnon Member

So, I'm really tired and this is not a final draft, but I'd like to know what the NYC anons think about the general direction of this:
    nycdraft.png

Obviously, still needs some cleanup (I don't know what I did to panama's nose but I'm sorry and I didn't mean it) also I was too lazy to go back and look at what the words are supposed to be. But, yeah, thinking thoughts. and sleeping.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. sooleater Member

sound great
  13. hmm Member

Count me in. I'll come up with a design / illustration later today.

hmm
  14. hmm Member

Let me know what you think. Its a quick mock-up I did at work.

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 3
  15. pokeanon Member

Thanks for the contributions. Back ups are never a bad thing, but there was a semi-specific image envisioned by the collective.

Unfortunately imgur was an asshole and decided only to show 5 of the 20-something images I uploaded, which is a pretty big issue.
  16. Anonymous Member

I wondered about that when I went to grab the shared images. Only five? I thought it was weird. Any chance we can get all twenty?
  17. pokeanon Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. hmm Member

Oh sorry... I'll be honest, didn't even the entire request.
    I'll give it another try with photos now. Thanks
  19. hmm Member

Second try (with photos now)

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  20. hmm Member

Another version with a more beach flavour
    posterhmm3.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Dragononymous Member

Just an idea;

Try using more photo's and have a clear area (with the text) in the middle

just an idea...
  22. Anonymous Member

23. Anonymous Member

the yellow is eye buring
  24. hmm Member

Well thats due to it being on screen (RGB) as it's the brightest colour.
    On printed media (CMYK) yellow doesnt get as bright.

But I'm open to suggestions of course.
    What do you think Pokeanon??

hm
  25. Dragononymous Member

So is the Sun
  26. WMAnon Member

I really like the idea of that one. Do you think you could try it with a different background color like an off-white? I've been out for a bit, but I'll try to get a better version of mine up late tonight.
  27. pokeanon Member

I was out most of the day shopping for beachy supplies and this is going to be a spectacular event.

Collectively I think we would be okay to use the newer multi-picture ads. I think I neglected to clarify this is for use online almost exclusively, so if color scale considerations are in effect then consider them in that light.

Personal critiques would be to lose the GF mask as we in NY haven't been wearing them for ages and I think there are other more worthwhile pictures to replace that with. I think the complete image size itself is pretty nice for our purposes, but the "photos" within the image are nearly the same size as the text. I don't honestly know how it'd look, but perhaps try experimenting with more or larger images either shrinking text or filling in some of the blank spaces.

I'm drifting off as I type so hopefully this is coherent. I'll check back tomorrow to see if it is.
  28. Anonymous Member

29. WMAnon Member

Based on the request for a brighter, more daytime image with more of the NYC anons included, I've got this version done:

nycfinal2.png

Snorlax is the sun!