Customize

Questions for video/editing fags

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Anonymous, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Questions for video/editing fags

Okay, so I'm going to be putting together a video soon. I'm still getting all the files/resources for it at the moment, but I have a few questions:

What software would you recommend I use? It's going to be both pictures and video clips, set a few pieces of background music. I know Windows Movie Maker allows some degree of flexibility here, I've used that previously, but I'm wondering if there's a better option - while still being fairly easy to use.

Secondly, for trimming of audio and video clips, to go from a full song/video down to just the section I want. What software would you recommend for this?

Thanks.
  2. KillerCat Member

Re: Questions for video/editing fags

I use iMovie for quick and dirty stuff. But Final Cut Express is pure awesomeness for anything that requires more than iMovie 09 can provide.

(Yes, I'm MacTard)

KillerCat

PS : I'm back on WWP. Went local after Enturb died. (still raided though)
  3. Lady.Nonymous Member

I used to do that stuff with MovieMaker and for sound editing I used GoldWave. If you want to work with freeware/Linux you can use Kino for the video editing and Audacity for sound editing.

Not freeware, but the one I'm currently using for both is Adobe Premiere. Nice thing about it is that you can use almost an endless amount of layers for both video and audio, which you can't when using MovieMaker. Makes editing for me a whole lot easier (especially when cutting music together and timing it right).
  4. Anonymous Member

Sony Vegas Pro is pretty awesome. But a pointless suggestion given the price tag.
  5. Mutante Member

6. Anonymous Member

If you want to buy some relatively cheap software for Windows, high performance machine recommended with Vista then try:

AVSMedia. Best software for you on today's market. Subscribe and download now!

This allows you to download components and register then for between $39 and $59US so you can pick and choose what you want.

Remember that if you get inventive with putting together your movie by several passes, that is building one set of effect then doing another you can stretch the limits of even Windows movie maker.
  7. Spangly Member

If you're looking to buy some Windows software to use, I'm very fond of Serif MoviePlus X3. It's about £60 but is surprisingly good - full multi-track timeline editing, and it's very easy to pick clips from videos / audio.
  8. WagTheWog Member

9. rwoo Member

I really recommend sony vegas. I have been using it for years. You can always get older editions like sony vegas 6 which are probably about 50 bucks now since its older versions. Sony vegas also enables you to edit audio.

For a free audio editing program you can always check out Audacity, which is a free downable program online.

-R

rebeccawoo.blogspot.com
  10. Anonymous Member

I like how people are mentioning costs of things here. You're on the internet, you know...
  11. Anonymous Member

Sssshh
  12. Anonymous Member

We're not all rice-and-beans motherfuckers, faggot.
  13. Anonymous Member

Let's be clear here, downloading pirated software funds terrorism and kills people, why you might as well become a suicide bomber. [lmg]http://forums.whyweprotest.net/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]