Customize

Questions for Chicago Tribune story

Discussion in 'Media' started by mlpatterson2, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Anonygrace Member

Re: Questions for Chicago Tribune story

Yay! Aw, Tommy's my favourite. Glad to see he's not been wedged back into RPF after that astonishing CNN zombiefest. And I suppose we'll hear in the article whether or not the RPF derangement's worn off at all.

Tommy, ditch the cult! We won't make you eat beans OR rice, and will teach you all about the rules of personal space!
  2. Daywatch Member

If I see magoo's name in the Trib.....
  3. SamJac55 Member

Mr. Davis,
    The truth can not be changed no matter how hard or from what angle you look at it. The first step is always the hardest.
  4. Daywatch Member

EH?
  5. aNONanon Member

Okey ... this thread is becoming tommys fanclub :hooray:

When I encounter people like tommy davis it makes me wonder ... How he can do it? I just can't imagine me going nation/world-wide and telling people what I know to be lies (about there is no disconnection, no XENU ...) but then, I don't have proper training (read scientology training) :eek:face:

I can't imagine what would I tell myself back home ... I did a hell of a job today, I lied to millions of people ... don't think so :) How would I rationalize it ... hm, maybe he doesn't feel good about it either and rationalizes it using some excuse. Maybe something like this ... It was nessesary, they would just not understand (out of gradient thing or something) greater good for greater number of dynamics.

It seems you have to twist rational thought quite a bit to not to feel bad about yourself. But this "for greater good" thing is VERY VERY dangerous little phrase. you can excuse by it ALL sorts of things ... lie? not big deal "for greater good", suppression of individuals rights? you know, it's nessesary ... we are saving the world, remember? Where does it stop? murder? you can excuse even genocide by this little thingy. And people HAVE used it to excuse THE EVIL actions thru the history of mankind.

Yeah, sorry about that, it just came to my mind ... the most ethical people on Earth ... sure, if I want to be ethical I should try to do it with no exceptions, they have them quite a few ... written as policy letters (e.g. SP) ... how can it make sense to them.

Maybe some thought experiment like this could go to the article? Okej, hopeless try to hide offtopic :D

Feel free to do whathever you want to this post :nini:

Good night :guyfawkes:
  6. Anne Ominous Member

Since nobody he has done it, perhaps I could extend Mr Davis an invitation to post on this thread?

You will obviously need to prove it's you somehow though. We'll think of something.
  7. QAnon Member

Anne: Upper-body shot from the side showing Tommy's face and Sea Org tattoo, preferably with a date stamp showing it's current. Unless DM made him laser the tat off due to trademark violations.

And I'd like to hear from Tommy as well. We promise not to gang-bang sec check you, Tommy. We're not OSA, after all.
  8. incog712 Member

You've already answered your own question as to how it can make sense to them in the earlier part of your post. Ethics by scientology definition is completely disconnected from any wog definition of the term. It is simply, as you've noted, "the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics" and can indeed justify anything.

Unfortunately for the "most ethical beings in the universe", that 4th dynamic is turning out to be a real bitch.
  9. Robert S Member

So I'm looking at my Trib. It's where?
  10. Daywatch Member

after the 26th wasnt it?
  11. Robert S Member

Was it? Fuck... I want my money back.
  12. Daywatch Member

last I heard they were waiting til after 26th Regional
  13. Robert S Member

Screw this paper, they still treat the Sox like they're from somewhere else.
  14. Daywatch Member

both our papers suck

and fuck the CUBS
  15. An0nYm0use Member

I certainly hope Daywatch wasn't some kinda of "Ambassador" for Anon or had any contact with the journalist. The boy is foolish.
  16. AnonLover Member

the 26th!!! uggg - i've been pestering the the damn inner city newstand everyday this past week for nothing!
  17. Daywatch Member

I would agree if I wasn't such a retard...so I ...OH LOOK BIRDS!
  18. sinkingship Member

I can't resist but join in the Tommy Davis love fest here...
    Jason Beghe to Scientology Mouthpiece Tommy Davis: 'You're Losing Your Soul' - Runnin' Scared - Village Voice

Hey Tommy! :)
  19. Normie421 Member

Dear Mr. Tommy Davis,
    I've only been aware of the struggle against Scientology for a few months now, but I have to say that your attempts to spin the MOUNTAIN of BULLSHIT spewed forth by lrh has only made me more interested in revealing what is true. Leave the cult now and tell the truth, if you can. Or you can remain as a Cruisavige buttboy and reap the whirlwind. I've been "fairgamed" by life itself so I don't fear anything you might try against me.
  20. Computress Member

Methinks we need a Tommy Davis lovefest thread
  21. QAnon Member

Update: I just talked to Melissa, and it looks like the article's a go for Friday.

Now, I just wanted to warn you: this isn't going to be a puff piece on Anonymous. There are going to be some negative things said about us. There are also going to be some negative things said about CoS. Melissa is only going to print things about both sides that are independently verifiable. This is to protect her and the Trib against the Scilon lawyers; you know that if there's one bit in there that they can latch on to and prove false, they'll do it. It's not going to be an expose on SciCrimes that haven't been publicized.

It looks like CoS's official response (according to Melissa, seriously tl;dr) is a rehash of all the old charges against us and nothing more. If there's some new charge in there, I'll be surprised. But if there is, you know it'll be lulzy and easily disproved.

From what I understand, it's going to be a piece mostly about Anon, not about CoS. Don't complain about it; that's the same treatment that the Times of London gave us.

We'll wait and see. It's only two days.
  22. amaX Member

QAnon, do you have any idea if ms. patterson's article will state that the FBI has looked into all the threats against the cult and found that ANONYMOUS is not responsible for those actions or will the cult's official response just be printed verbatim?
  23. Vir Member

Little about Anonymous is independently verifiable, while there are long document trails about CoS. I wonder how that turns out.

Indeed the response from CoS is usually the funniest part of media reports.

Hopefully.
  24. Re: Questions for Chicago Tribune story

while im grateful for any piece of mainstream media that highlights the crimes of the CoS, im fucking sick to death of this fascination (for lack of a better word) with the "SUPER KOOL SEKRIT SUBKULTURE ANONYMOUS"...because although it is an interesting topic, with respect to chanology, being anonymous is as much a "label" (again LOBW) as it is a MEANS to an END, which is the destruction of the organization called the church of scientology.

it just seems like journalists are taking the easy way out...not brave enough to out scientology even with all the evidence available, and the legal consequences be damned.

the real story here is NOT anonymous. it is the criminal cult. and the cult has been in operation for FAR TOO LONG.

sigh.

/vent
  25. Computress Member

Seriously, the worst we've done is blackfax and order pizzas for them.

Hopefully Melissa took the time to look into the FBI stuff.

And even though this piece might not exactly expose all of CO$'s crimes, it will get people talking and researching on their own. And who knows, if this article is received well enough it might be the first of more to come.
  26. Asian-anon Member

The Anonymous name is so tightly bound to $cientology now that you can't really mention one without the other. I guess this is what was meant by aligning our pulse with that of $cientology's. I trust QAnon was able to provide all the necessary information in a understandable manner. The rest is up to the reporter and editor.

I would enjoy some epic quotes like in the Times and Maxim - the first treated us kindly and the second made us seem like total badasses. Any win is a win. I'll take it.

Reserving judgment until the article comes out. I'm actually more interested in the article's treatment of the Co$.
  27. Re: Questions for Chicago Tribune story

barring her calling anon a bunch of child raping mongoloids, that is the ONLY thing i care about.

the world has gone to shit when journalism is afraid of a group like scientology.

the media is supposed to be the huge, doesnt afraid of anything group, not scientology. fuck, the media kept boris korschach (OMG SPELLING) alive back in the day. [STRIKE]i dont know if you could[/STRIKE] YOU CANT count on mainstream media like that now, theyre too afraid of lawsuits. theyre the people that give you the NEWS (or what is supposed to be the truth of the world) and they are afraid of FUCKING LAWYERS.

*weeps*
  28. SciFITOlogy Member

That reporter was a very nice lady, and pretty cute as well. If she raeps us I will forgive her.
  29. ancientone Member

Fairgame like they practice can bring down even the IRS. They did it. Did not know parts of our goverment were so weak or easily manipulated. Just practice being "Untouchable" and you will be ok. Wear your :guyfawkes:. The newspapers will help us but the key to winning is :anon:. They cannot hurt what they cannot identify. Always be in the shadows and strike when they turn away. One day the kill shot will be made.
  30. An Omnibus Member

From the post of hers, some of the chan memes did not sit right with her. Hopefully she will forgive the disconnect.
  31. none given Member

As long as anon is cover for the press, the OG and all the other critics they can all do things they could not do just 6 months ago.

One of you Chifags will post ASAP?
  32. anonymusicz Member

"As we merge our pulse with that of your organization"

This is what was meant. You look for information about Anonymous now, and the "church" of scientology's crimes come up. You search for information about the Co$ and information from Anonymous springs up.

We are inextricably intertwined now.
  33. SamJac55 Member

Sexy!
  34. xfool4now Member

If we have too, we bleed them to death, slowly. Every week, (it's stat day guys), their stats are down the pressure goes up. I've notice a lot of "new faces" at our ORG, could Davey be sending out his elite SO to take over or stiffen up the orgs?
    Keeping people out will kill this cult. That's why I'm here.... and of course the lulz.
    Getting the word out anyway we can will work to our favor.

x
  35. Re: Questions for Chicago Tribune story

Having read through this whole mess here...

Some commentary on future dealings with the press:

I think the reporter had some trouble dealing with the way in which hivemind works... some people are going to say one thing, other people will say another. Both can be true from viewpoint and experience. Unfortunately, very few subjective views which the hivemind may experience can be viewed as "fact" or "independantly verified".

She opened up a can of worms by doing VERY suspicious things.. the questions were kinda eyebrow raising... but when she mentioned she could not find a 'newsreporting' source of Anon/b/whomeveratthetime busted canadian pedophile... further stating when handed sources that she "didn't have a computer that had audio".

^^^^ This is what caused problems and made people back off and doubt.

1) We need to realize that even professional journalists are often operating with a skill level (for searching) and resource level that Anonymous obviously can dwarf. Many of us are always using the latest web resource available to try it out, we have tendrils extending everywhere. A single media organization does not have the search and resource level of anon's as a collective, so of course we will always have much more readily available sources for what might seem like "obscure" info to a journalist.

2) Not everyone is gonna be at the cutting edge of tech etc. So as unbelievable as some people thought the comment about 'no audio' was.. sometimes we need to accept what would be unheard of in a techprone culture (Did you like that pun?) It is entirely possible that an actual journalist would be using a computer which has no sound. Or more likely, some other statement that instantly raises red flags for us, but is actually entirely innocent. (I know that comment instantly raised the "TROLL FLAG" for me personally)

3) When they are only interested in verifiable sources, lets give them to them. Instead of posting info that could have come from anywhere we need to footnote or point directly to verified information... everything else is going to get ignored or start driving them nuts.

For example... Fair game and journalism... I hope someone eventually did, but instead of all the "But then we won't be anonymous anymore" etc etc. We should have pointed to the article in "Quills:The Magazine of The Society for Professional Journalists" discussing reporting on scientology and their policy of fair game.

Stuff like that... a bunch of cartoons regarding delicious cake.... While directly addressing their question... should perhaps have referenced the contact information for the "Portal" development team... so she could have asked them about the phenomenon of "portal-like" mini joke cartoons regarding obtaining cake... They know about the online meme regarding it, as they do not live in a cave, and could address it on-record with her easily.

Just some thoughts.
  36. D... Member

Honestly, I'm simply happy that she gave us the time of day. I'm less worried about our image and more satisfied that she took her time to research it.
  37. Normie421 Member

I have a small distrust for anyone's agenda, but will withhold judgment until
    it breaks. Our various forms of media, especially newspaper writers, have had some questionable behavior in the recent past.

Normie421
  38. QAnon Member

If you're worried about the chan memes and how they're going to be portrayed, I was able to answer that, both in our conversation and in a follow-up message yesterday (the Sci spokesperson was a little upset that I called her a "spokesbitch" on here). The chan memes, hopefully, will be a non-issue.

And I think that all male ChiAnons will agree that Melissa is very good-looking and a very pleasant person in general. This won't be a hatchet job. She's too professional for that.
  39. Top Grunge Member

Why was she upset? Does she not like being a spokes-anything? So we should just call her a bitch then?
  40. Vir Member

"Mouth of Scilon" might go down better.

What's the hair color of the reporter by the way? I must know in case it turns into a card crusher situation.