Customize

Questions about Scientology?

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Terril, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

2. Terril Member

Re: Questions about Scientology?

I do. Deals with the human spirit and has no god. Same
    as Buddhism. Not all FZers agree.

I reject horrible physical treatment of psychiatry. Not sure how valid that is
    today. Helped take a friends mother out of a psych institute where she was
    getting ECT many moons ago. She benefited from being taken away. I
    had the job of explaining to authorities what happened! Lol!

One of my old friends went type 3 on reading PTS/SP pack and was put on
    baby watch at St. Hill. He escaped. Lots of big problems for St Hill.
    However he ended up seeing a Psychiatrist and has never worked since.
    nearly two decades now. And he was previously very successfull.

He still considers himself a scientologist, and likes his psychiatrist.

Dunno what might have happened if he had appropriate auditing.
  3. Terril Member

I should add that CO$ has the goal to eliminate psychaitry.

Yet it refuses to handle those poor souls who need such attention.

They are not eligible to do scn.

So who is crazy here?
  4. Anonymous Member

[citation needed]
  5. Anonymous Member

Anonymous,

Very good Post regarding Hypnotic Induction and FMR.

good stuff!

(sometimes its annoying when people copy ad paste shit over and over and over just to make a little comment, so I no do that nao.)
  6. Anonymous Member

Ok Terril,

cool that you are open to talking about all of this stuff and answering questions, thx.
  7. Anonymous Member

Terril,

I think that as regards Mindfulness, Buddhism is much cleaner.
    much cleaner and more effective. Zen buddhism .

(absolutely no comparison whatsoever with anything written by LRH. seriously none. He was all ego. all power and control.)
  8. an0nim0uz Member

Freezone-Scientology sounds slightly less insane than the official CoS.

I shoul probably punch myself in the face for saying that, but yeah.

Edit: And yes, that is meant to be a compliment.

Also: Thanks for answering questions.
  9. Anonymous Member

Here is an experiment for you. Go to your nearest org/mission and get the selling pitch from one of the FSMs there. Then note how the FSM’s description also sounds slightly less insane.

Think about it.
  10. Terril Member

Will get back to you.
  11. an0nim0uz Member

Yeah, trufax. Must've experienced a brief moment of aberration there. Thanks.
  12. Anonymous Member

Good of you to be so open and honest, and you're essentially reinforcing my own wish to see the c0$ taken apart and perhaps even some jail time for the little man at the top.

And hey, if you get a buzz out of metapsychiatry then that's cool, I get a buzz out of quantum entanglement.

However I do believe the former members should be helping our cause in terms of building up clearer pictures of indictable crime. You will have an insider knowledge of events at St Hill and possibly elsewhere that may help to put a strong case for the authorities to examine further the cult of Miscavige. You were there since '65.

What is most frustrating is knowing the hundreds that have fled the cult, doing the current victims an injustice by not speaking out.

I see the Freezone as a place to practice some of Hubbards ouija board hocus pocus, instead of coming together and doing the right thing - pulling the cult to book over its abuses and its money laundering.

There are good reasons to halt the cult in its tracks and examine the facts.

I see a Jonestown scenario or something nasty unless certain people pressure the right people to open the books, document those facts.

As a Freezoner with plenty of years in the official game it should be your duty to expose the truth, before trying to indoctrinate more people into the $ci techniques.

This "church" has to go.

You want to do the cans stuff, knock yourself out, but to me Hubbard's malignant influence combined with Miscavige's cancerous cult means any gains to be had are far outweighed by the depressing overall picture.

If you are saying you are keen to see the demise of the cult aspects, then welcome indeed.
  13. Anonymous Member

I would be particularly interested in evidence that either Scientology or Dianetics were part of those researches. I’m making this note explicitly in order to make it more difficult for you to walk back your previous comment.
  14. Anonymous Member

As for the success stories that you frequently post on ESMB.
    I've heard that in the CoS it is mandatory for Scientologists to come up with a "success story" at their graduation ceremony. If they don't tell a success stories then they can't formally finish the course and don't get up the bridge or at least there is a certain peer pressure to come up with a success story, for otherwise they have to do more auditing, ethics handling or whatever. This gives of course the newbie Scientologists or "raw meat", who might be present at such a ceremony a distorted view of the actual workability of the tech.

Is it the same in the Freezone, i.e. are the success stories that you post something that is requested from your PCs or do they write them completely on their own, without anyone asking them to do it?
  15. Anonymous Member

I too would like to know precisely which universities are working with Hubbard tech...
  16. Anonymous Member

You've never heard of children being audited? I find that very difficult to believe, especially when there are even special sec check questions for children between the ages of 6 and 12, which include:

So tell me Terril, at what age do you consider it appropriate to give full auditing sessions? I'd like a straight answer to that from a Freezoner.
  17. Anonymous Member

Did you go by the handle "EJ" on Clambake years ago?
  18. Anonymous Member

Reread the question Terril was actually asked.
  19. Anonymous Member

I don't have to since I asked the question and for once I'd like a straight answer from a Freezoner about it. Now I don't know how many ways you'd like me to phrase it and I think it's too important an issue to be derailed with diversion and obfuscation.

So let's cut through the crap here because if Terril's certain he's got nothing to hide then he won't have a problem answering the question.
  20. Anonymous Member

Terril,

Science is a means of testing claims about how the world works. How humans respond to that information can be more a question of personal values or politics than science.

In short: don't take any meds that are doing more harm than good.

One can study the brain and mental phenomena using the same tests of corroboration, falsification, logic, and parsimony as are used in every other area of objective inquiry. Maybe if we called this effort "elronology" rather than "psychiatry" we could get around the conditioned negative emotional response that Scientologists have developed to all things psychiatric. However, I don't think the new term will catch on.

As a psychiatrist I'm well aware of the physical nature of my interventions. At this very moment I am in fact altering the configuration of the rhodopsin molecules in your retinas. Further, I'm exciting a great many neurons that travel across your corpus callsum and onward toward your occipital lobes. Moreover I'm lighting up both your left and right temporal lobes as well as making you sub-vocalize everything that I have written, though you're not aware your are doing this.

The only way to prevent me from reorganizing the very structure of your brain is to turn away from the words that I've just now caused to form upon the glowing screen in front of you.

However

you

cannot

for

I

have

compelled

you

to

read

me.

Muahahaha!
  21. Anonymous Member

22. Anonymous Member

If you were not spending your time with Hubbard, what would you be doing in your life? Just suppose for the sake of argument you had never been recruited into Scientology, what other things might you have done?

Please don't cop out by saying you can't imagine. Please try to give an honest answer to what your life would have been like without Scientology.
  23. JohnnyRUClear Member

Well, I'd probably -- oh, you meant Terril.
  24. pedrofcuk Member

Yea but, if the OTVIII EP is, "Now I know who I am not and I am interested in finding out who I am," then really, in all honesty, what is the fucking point?
  25. Terril Member

I very much want to see DM in jail, and all abuses ended, and reparation for past abuses.

When I came to the net I was a critic first and had some hot exchanges with Fluffy/Voltaires Child, who for a long time has been one of my best friends. Then I also became a freezoner.

Apart from my final auditing where upon I left I had no bad experiences in COS and
    knew nothing I could report to authorities. These things were NOT routinely told to parishioners.
  26. Terril Member

The book " Metapsychology was written by Frank Gerbode, who was a
    psychiatrist and studied scientology for 13 years. He did the Briefing course
    among other things. He was assisted in writing this book by David Mayo. He also , being
    in a family of multi millionaires, funded the 10 year litigation between Mayo and CO$.

A small section from the forward to his book:-

" There was one year inn which scientology and psychiatry overlapped. During the day I practiced "conventional " psychotherapy, and in the evenings I functioned as a scientology practitioner. I found my work in the evenings to be much more effective than the work I did during the day. This fact FORCED me to take the scientology materials seriously."

Last summer there was a Metapsychology conference held in Cambridge UK.

Anamnesis in Traumatic Incident Reduction - Definition
  27. Anonymous Member

so what does that have to do with Scientology being used in a university?
  28. Anonymous Member

You question asked whether children are asked about sex during auditing. Terril answered no.

What part of that is difficult to understand?
    Quoting for answer.
  29. LocalSP Member

If you don't follow Hubbard's words in their entirety and you don't follow the Tech exactly the way Hubbard described and the way the CoS uses it today, can you really be practicing scientology?

You may as well be using a Ouija board and chickens feet and calling it scientology.
  30. Anonymous Member

Being OT 3 do you believe the Xenu story is true?
  31. Anonymous Member

As someone who has left the organization, can you suggest what kinds of approaches will most effectively prompt those still "inside" to leave? (For example, what to write on signs, say to individuals or in speeches, what to publish, etc.)
  32. JohnnyRUClear Member

If he tells us to put FZ ads on our signs....
  33. Anonymous Member

This is like claiming a person is not a Christian if they eat crab every now and then.

However, there is some truth to this comment. Take a look at Terril’s SP/PTS construct. What he described is so far removed from Hubbard’s construct that it boggles my mind that he continues to use the same terminology. At this point this is like claiming to be a Christian while doubting the resurrection.
  34. Anonymous Member

...Then he flunks.
  35. Anonymous Member

If there were an analysis done on as many as possible texts attributed to Hubbard. With as outcome them being anterior writings by others than Hubbard. Would you accept that for truth, stop crediting Hubbard tech, and read / teach / preach the original sources.

I am not talking about a quote here and there, but entire essays / concepts.
  36. Terril Member

Auditing of children,

Per tech vols one shouldn't do much if any auditing before a child is 5.
    Dianetic auditing shouild not usually be done before 8. One should not
    not fiorce the child into the pretanal area until 12. Also one shouldn't do
    long sessions with children. 15 - 30 mins is recomended.
  37. Anonymous Member

38. Terril Member

Details of study of TIR and Metapsychology.

Summary of Research Results

The Green Rooms - Traumatic Incident Reduction

Information: Book: Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR)

Includes:-

"Editorial Note by the Series Editor Professor Charles Figley, Director, Florida State University Psychosocial Stress Research Program and Clinical Lab; Editor, The International Electronic Journal Traumatology; Director, Green Cross Projects"

Links to a study of TIR from Ohio state university.

https://kb.osu.edu/dspace/handle/1811/36890

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/291-...n/scientific-proof-scientology-works-52068/2/

There is a book called " Traumatic Incident Reduction: Research and Results" by Victor Volkman. Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR) is basically Dianetics from what I understand. TIR is part of Metapsychology which was created by Frank Gerbode. He is an Honors graduate of Stanford University and later pursued graduate studies in philosophy at Cambridge University. He received his medical degree from Yale University, and completed a psychiatric residency at Stanford University Medical Center in the early 1970s.

Gerbode is the author of numerous papers and articles, which have been published in the Journal of Neurochemistry, the International Journal of Neuropharmacology, the Journal of Rational Emotive and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, IRM Newsletter and elsewhere. He teaches and lectures internationally, and is the author of Beyond Psychology: An Introduction to Metapsychology (ISBN 1-887927-00-X), published in 1988. This book provided the first published description of TIR.
  39. Terril Member

I'm a scientologist and nothing I read would change that. If thats what you're asking me.

Hubbard put the subject together with the help of his research auditors.
    Hubbard in early books credited many whose work he drew upon, Freud and Korsybski
    included. He also took much from " Magick" via Crowley who he recomends as
    reading matter in the PDC lectures. [ Philadelphia Doctorate course]
  40. Terril Member

It was reported by anons that " Its OK to doubt" or similar was successful
    here and an example was cited.

I think having signs that are non confrontational is a good direction. Note
    that COS puts a lot of propaganda to its parishioners about what evil "SPs"
    Anons are, and that big pharma pays us 50 bucks to protest, and other
    nonsense. So being confrontational will enforce such messages.

Thus less " Scientology kills" and more " Hubbard says Look don't Listen",
    " Teaching people to not research Scn on the internet violates the Creed."

Then Paul Scofield, Scooter on ESMB, took part in the Oz enquiry
    spoke through a megaphone at a protest, "In KSW 1 Hubbard said that
    attacks by governments and monopolies only occur where there are no
    results or Bad results" I used that in London and gave a list of current
    attacks on scientology by goverments, and also mentioned I believe the
    catholic church.

This may not appeal to all here, but letting them know they can do
    scn for a fraction of the price in the FZ by auditors actually trained by
    Hubbard would be very effective also.

Saying that DM beats his staff and reffering them to the St Petes times