Customize

Questions about Scientology?

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Terril, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Terril Member

Questions about Scientology?

I've attended all protests at London except 3 or 4 from the beginning.

I'm a Freezone Scientologist, and am willing to answer any questions
    people have about the subject. Have also been on all critical forums
    for a decade so can answer questions in that area also, though I've
    probably forgotten more than many here know.

I tried to do this on Enturb org, but the list owner, and thus Mods were
    very hostile to FZers. In the end one mod was saying if he answers questions
    let me know and i'll kick him off, and another was saying if he dosn't answer
    questions let me know and I'll kick him off. So was impolite and left in a blaze
    of? Lulz? Can't recall what I said.

I've given my opinions of Anons on Marty's blog when one there called them
    clueless. See the last few posts on his post "Radical Scientology’s Cointelpro"

I was interviewed in San Francisco by an anon, and by then I'd had several
    lesser interviews and began to get a feel for what to do. The interviewer
    asked interesting questions and let me have the time to answer them.

Operation: Game Over - Freezoner Interview

So ask away as thou wilt.
  2. COREarg Member

Re: Questions about Scientology?

Who are you? Where are we going?
    How long how you had been a Freezoner? Which is the meaning of life?
    How does the doctrines and such from scientology helps you or even sound useful for you?

Do you smell something burning...?
  3. grebe Member

If your son were depressed and wanted to see a psychiatrist, would you let him?
  4. Anonymous Member

Terril's thread from last time: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/291-scientology-discussion/questions-re-freezone-1990/
  5. Terril Member

I've been in COS from 1965 approx. Been in the FZ since 1999 approx. In fact
    I'm probably the main promoter of the virtues of doing " Tech outside COS".

Per policy this makes me an " SP".

I'm not a great techie in that my highest training level is interning
    [ apprenticing if you will] as an auditor on NED [ new era dianetics. ]

I have however done the OEC/FEBC course and thus have studied
    all the admin apart from confidential SO and GO/OSA materials. I have all old
    and new red and green vols and can answer questions especially re admin.

"How does the doctrines and such from scientology helps you or even sound
    useful for you?"

Got kicked off of enturb org for going into such areas. If mods are agreeable
    can post some of my personal successes on OT 2 and 3 done in the FZ and
    more general statements re the value of scn for me.

"Which is the meaning of life?"

Lol! What I would say here is approximate to that which some hookers in movies
    answer to a similar question about themselves.

What do you want it to be. :)
  6. Terril Member

I have a son who is very grounded and not a scientologist. At Uni.

I'd have no problem him seeing a psychotherapist. I see that and scn as
    of the same cloth

Psychiatrist? Tricky as that may involve drugs etc.

He's always welcome to talk to me. :)
  7. Terril Member

8. Anonymous Member

What precautions do the FZ take to prevent FMS?
  9. Anonymous Member

Can the freezone cure my itchy balls?
  10. Anonymous Member

Quite possibly. See the last 34 pages of this MySpace forums thread: "Why Scientology is Atheisms Worst En" | Page 27 | Myspace Forums
    Enturb and WWP are really more for anti-CoS activism, than for promoting the value of scn.
  11. adhocrat Member

Hubbard says you do not let a PC leave a session on his own decision. So, in a FZ auditing session, if the PC wishes to leave an unfinished process, do you let him?
    Say he gets up and tries to leave. What would a FZ auditor do?
  12. Anonymous Member

Which of the following terms do you consider to be real things that actually exist, and which do recognise as being reified concepts?;

SP
    PTS
    ARC
    BTs
    Stable Datum
    DB
    Tone Scale
  13. Miranda Member

Terril, it's okay to answer questions about your experiences or "wins" in Scientology.

I have a sincere question, though it may sound rude. I have never understood how anyone could listen to L. Ron Hubbard and believe him. He just doesn't sound trustworthy or even, at times, sane. Again, I don't mean to offend but just never have understood that.
  14. COREarg Member

My bad,then. Sorry for that question.

And thanks for answering,Terril.
  15. Terril Member

16. Terril Member

Scientology can help you with this. :)
  17. Anonymous Member

18. Anonymous Member

No, but the Freeze Zone might.
  19. Anonymous Member

I'll back this up.

We enter trance states all the time - it's when we act on autopilot, without really paying attention to what we're doing, zoned out. You could do it when you're washing up, or you could do it deliberately by meditating. When someone helps you to induce it, that's called hypnosis.

The thing about hypnosis is it switches off your "bullshit detector". People who are told they feel hot, feel hot. When they're told they feel someone touching their arm, they feel someone touching their arm. They also obey commands much more easily, for example "raise your arm" or "bark like a dog".

What this means is that when you suggest a memory to someone, they're more likely to accept it as the product of their own mind. If you've conditioned them to expect to "discover" memories, you make this far more likely.

Auditing techniques have a LOT in common with hypnotic induction. During auditing, I've heard people report entering a trance state, and a lot of the phenomena encountered can be explained in these terms. No aliens necessary.

So do you take any steps to prevent FMS?
  20. Anonymous Member

Hello Terril,

how many freezoners are there?
    How many Freezoners were CoS members, before they joined the Freezone and how many joined the Freezone directly, without having been a Scientologist in the CoS before?
  21. Re: Questions about Scientology?

How much money did you put in the CoS?
  22. Waco anonman Member

i hear u guys like mudkips. is that true?
  23. Re: Questions about Scientology?

Win!
  24. 3rdMan Member

Welcome to the madhouse dude. Hope you can maneuver through it mildly scathed at most. ;P

Questions:
    How organized is the Freezone?

What is official policy of the Freezone regarding critics of Scientology? (all things considered, your interacting with an army of em, lol)

What is official policy of the Freezone and secrecy of the tech and revealing of knowledge (for example: Operating Thetan Levels).

How is the freezone funded?

Does the freezone engage in fairgaming? (example: Freezone War? « THE WOG BLOG from XENU TV )

On that note, what tenets of Scientology does the freezone (in general if applicable) still support and to what degree? What, if any, have they chosen to reject? (feel free to elaborate on the interpretation)

Whats your favorite mustard?
  25. Anonymous Member

Do you worship Hubbard and/or his tech?
  26. COREarg Member

What are your crimes?

Or why you got out,to be more exact? And if it's possible to tell,too.

...Please,no the Aperture Science Emergency Intelligence Incinerator...!
  27. Anonymous Member

Does the FZ allow members to discuss Hubbard's ideas? Do they engage in any kind of intellectual analysis like christianity does? Can there be dispassionate criticism, or are questions discouraged in the same way as the scientology corporation does?

Also, do FZers really think there is such a thing as homo novis? Do they think they are better than wogs, so that it's OK to lie to and manipulate wogs for their own good?

Does the FZ have powerful leadership? How are the leaders chosen? How are disputes resolved? Is dissension tolerated or squashed?

Is there disconnection? fair game? anything like the seaorg? Who owns the PC folders and can members have them back if they wish?

Are FZ "ethics" any different from the corporation's "ethics"? More specifically, corporate scientology ethics amount to "whatever gets scientology more money and power is good, and what diminishes scientology's money and power is bad."

I can probably come up with a few dozen more such questions.
  28. pedrofcuk Member

Strokes Terril's head and makes soothing sounds...
  29. grebe Member

OK, where do you draw the line on using medication? If not ok for depression, are the ok for:

migraine?
    Meniere's?
    hypertension?
    epilepsy?
    alcohol withdrawal?
    schizophrenia?
  30. Re: Questions about Scientology?

Terril— If the tech works so well, why are high ranking Scientologists, OT8's, mocked , ridiculed and condemned in the public forum. Why are Scientologist leaders unable to communicate effectively after taking all the levels?
  31. Re: Questions about Scientology?

Why is Scientology so gay?
  32. Anonymous Member

What was the point of LRH making someone push a peanut around on the deck of the ship with his nose till it bled?
  33. Anonymous Member

Why does scientology hide behind front groups?
  34. Anonymous Member

If the church collapsed would FZers be against keeping the front groups running?
  35. Re: Questions about Scientology?

Yes this is a question that I would like to hear answered Terril. I find Hubbards stuff hard to believe but also unreadable.

What is the attraction that makes Scientologists think that he has all the answers?
  36. Anonymous Member

How do you cope with the fact that there are no OT powers and that there is no such thing as Clear, as described by LRH?
  37. Anonymous Member

Do Freezoners agree with auditing children and asking them questions about sexual activity?
  38. pedrofcuk Member

One question, why can't you see that Hubbard was a liar and charlatan and his so-called teck does not work?
  39. Anonymous Member

Blunt, but I'm going to build on your question with elaboration: Hubbard made his intentions clear about starting Scientology as a means to make money (he quoted himself on it). So coming from that Hubbard's intentions was to create a belief system out of his ideas to get rich, and given the totalitarian aspects of Co$ dating back to Hubbard's management (Disconnection, HCO Policies, Fair Game), how does the Freezone regard L. Ron Hubbard? Are these factors even taken under consideration?
  40. Anonymous Member

I'll back-up the back-up.

Consider the Self-Analysis course, and in particular how people are encouraged to remember ‘all 57 perceptics’ of a given event. Given that the assumption of the human mind being a perfect recording machine is complete bullshit, how can this process not inevitably lead to ‘dub-in’?

I choose the above example since it illustrates the idea clearest, but the same fundamental process occurs during auditing sessions too. The e-meter detects ‘mindstates’ (assuming the body is at rest and there are no external influences during a reading). Things like F/N have a particular ‘mindstate’ associated with it (in this case a sense of release/euphoria). When we recall certain memories they cause us to experience certain mindstates. For example, a trauma from when you were a kid will bring back feelings of anxiety, fear, etc. Here is the concern I have – is conflating mindstates with memories, while using the e-meter, not destined to induce FMS?

To explain what I mean, consider a person who watched the movie Gladiator. Suppose an image from Gladiator flashed into the PC’s mind during session, and suppose that whatever emotion/mindstate the PC was feeling caused an interesting e-meter read. The PC, upon being requested to go deeper into that image or given some other command indicating an interesting read, could quite easily come to associate their current mindstate with their memory. This could cases a sort of feedback loop that has the effect of reifying the memory inside the PC’s mind.

The above theoretical concerns have not taken account of how additional psychotropic factors could magnify any such feedback loops. Auditing is a psychotropic experience, with quite strong feelings of release, euphoria, enlightenment, fears, etc. often being felt by a PC in session. The strong emotional component involved could easily lead to a PC associating their feelings and mindstates with memories/images they happened to see in their mind’s eye at the same time they experienced those feelings/mindstates. Rather ironically in an attempt to reduce ‘engrams’ the auditing processes seem to induce them.

The factors of trance states, strong psychotropic experiences, inability to distinguish mindstates from memories, feedback loops, the encouraging of exercise that expressly assume perfect memory, etc. all seem to be extremely inductive to FMS.

What steps are taken to prevent FMS given all of this?