Customize

Question: How to put large document online?

Discussion in 'How To Instructions' started by LarryBren, Jan 5, 2009.

1. LarryBren Member

Question: How to put large document online?

There is something that I want to post on WWP and in other forums within a week or so where I would like to make a link to a 13 or so page document that is not currently on the web.

I have access to the document on my computer now and should have approval to post it shoirtly but only have a photobucket account that lets me post pictures and video as well as a blogspot that does not let me post large documents.

Can anyone recommend a simple solution that a technical midget can use to post such a large document on the web so that others can easily see it when I link to it?

I know probably almost any 6 year old today will know how to do this and it's pathetic that I do not know this but remember that I am an old fart.

Thanks in advance for any help!
  2. Anonynamefag Member

Re: Question: How to put large document online?

What do you mean by "put it online"? Make it readable, or make share it?

If you wanna share it, rapidshit.
  3. number 6 Member

You can use Scribd.com to upload that document so people can read it.
  4. Mutante Member

1) Make sure it's in PDF (i.e. Adobe Acrobat) format if the document you have is currently a Microsoft Word file or a series of scans. Ask if you want info or help.

2) Upload the file to Rapidshare, Mediafire or similar.

3) Post links.
  5. Mutante Member

Double post. brb, bathtub.
  6. LarryBren Member

Thanks for the tips folks. When it comes time that I can post it (hopefully a few days at most) I will check out what you recommended.

Basically I want people to be able to read it online without needing to download anything special or have some special program just for reading things from that site.

If people could also download it, that would be cool too.

Thanks again!!
  7. Mitsu Too Member

What I want to know Larry is how did you get your Avatar to go to the right side of your post rather than then usual left? Enquiring minds want to know. Kewl!
  8. AnonLover Member

larry check out Scribd, that allows you to make it viewable and downloadable

there's an upload button near top/center and its a simple process. i believe it even lets you upload dox without setting up a profile/account first
  9. whoever Member

Yes, I was dazzled by that!

Larry, you might want to try making a test post of some other document between now and then so you get it all worked out before the actual time comes....
  10. Re: Question: How to put large document online?

+1 to scribd, it fits your requirements perfectly
    (allows you to upload documents including pdf, txt, microsoft word files - and they become viewable online as well as available for download)
  11. Re: Question: How to put large document online?

If possible please put it out as plaintext also.
  12. LarryBren Member

Thanks again everyone for the good tips! I will try doing it with another doc after I get home from work as suggested.

As for how I got my avatar to the right, I offer four possibilities:

1) I am "Anon of the Opera" and Anon of the Opera can and will do anything he pleases whenever he pleases;

2) I am OT VI and simply rose above the physical universe and postulated the avatar over to the right;

3) I am a technical genius and for vast sums of money will tour the world and lecture on this subject; OR

4) I am absolutely clueless on this and have zero idea how that happened and could not repeat it if my life depended on it.

Take your pick.
    (ps: I suggest you pick #4:)
  13. Re: Question: How to put large document online?

I'm going with # 2. quite impressive wtg, looking forward to dox, ty, Larry