Customize

Question about Narconon franchise

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by mama2mudbugs, Aug 1, 2012.

1. JohnnyRUClear Member

The section starting at 4:20 is incredibly damning. MUCH wider viewing is in order. The "punch line" is absolute gold.

Also, is it just me or does Mike Rinder have the most annoying accent in the wuhld?

"I don't always agree with David Miscavige. But when I do, I feel like punching Mike Rinder, too."
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. mama2mudbugs Member

Please do not think for a second I am defending these creeps. I want to know where the line is drawn. What is in their legal right to do and what is not. Also, what loop holes they use and what brick walls there are. For me, I think pushing COS using dangerous doses of vitamins is one of those brick walls. They are heavily protected by the US laws to do so. However ..Narconon is not.

That is why I started this post..well one of many reasons. Its extremely important to find out who ultimately owns Narconon and its franchises.
  3. anon walker Moderator

It's complicated...
    • Like Like x 1
  4. anon walker Moderator

If you look at the chart, they're under ABLE which shoots straight up to RTC and CST. CST handles copyrights and copyrighted materials of LRH. 10% off Narconon"s gross goes straight to CST.

Short answer, Scientology runs it but, as I said, it's complicated.
  5. mama2mudbugs Member

No kidding and when the church of Rastafari goes to court to sue the COS for discriminating against their religious rights and condemning their religious artifacts... that will be the day I close the book on trying to figure out religions :D

ETA: In case you haven't looked into Rastafari, Bob Marley being the Tom Cruise of their sect... here is a quickie wiki about them but basically they smoke pot ...and lots of it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rastafari_movement
  6. Anonymous Member

We know pot works. We know scientology doesn't work.

"I smoke two joints in the morning,
    I smoke two joints at night.
    I smoke two joints in the afternoon,
    It makes me feel all right.
    I smoke two joints in time of peace,
    And two in time of war. "
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. BigBeard Member

It's simple, forget who really runs things when it comes to court cases involving non$cientologists and supposedly secular Cof$ front groups. Just treat anything they say is secular as secular, and all laws that apply to any other similar operation, e.g., drug rehab, apply. They break the law, they do the time.

And if they start claiming 'religious activity' in any court case involving operations claimed by the Cof$ to be 'secular', they get hammered with judicial estoppel, which binds a party to his or her earlier judicial declarations. These could be allegations contained in an earlier lawsuit complaint, or testimony given under oath at a previous trial.

Judicial estoppel protects courts from litigants' using opposing theories in the attempt to prevail twice, which the Cof$ is semi-notorious for trying on a regular basis.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 1
  8. mama2mudbugs Member

I do hope you are correct. I am no legal expert. However judicial estoppel is not clear cut when it comes to religions in the United States. Even at its best its considered common law.
    That is a bit risky for anyone to take to court with a jury unless they don't have a choice.

I assume that taking Narconon and COS to criminal court, prosecutors have one shot due to DJ and would not want to risk it.
  9. eddieVroom Member

Let me suggest: It's one thing for Warren Jeffs to believe he should have and rape a harem of child brides, it's a crime if he actually does it.
    And where NarCONon is concerned, there are issues of safety, negligence and outright fraud to be resolved.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. eddieVroom Member

Of course, we Yanks seem to have a soft spot for useless religions, too...
    Make of that what you will.
  11. eddieVroom Member

Y'know, that's a damn good point.
    Why can't little navy Davy man up and own Narconon?
  12. JohnnyRUClear Member

Wee Davey doesn't own. By now this must be one of the codified rules of the Internet.
  13. mama2mudbugs Member

Seriously! He is in Sea Org. We all know he only gets paid $50 a week!
  14. fishypants Moderator

15. Anonymous Member

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. BigBeard Member

You miss the point. If narCONon says it's secular, so if they get taken to court for "issues of safety, negligence and outright fraud", they go to trial as a secular organization. If during the trial they try and claim 'religious persecution' they get hammered with their own statements about being a 'secular' and told to leave religion out of it.

The only exception to bringing religion up would be when narCONon is charged with violating laws similar to this one in Oklahoma regarding patients freedom of religion. And most states have similar laws:

BigBeard
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

The cult has had good days flip-flopping between their religious and secular status. The thing is, we need to tie them down into one of the two, and it doesn’t matte much which one. If they are religious, they have no business entering schools and doing medical withdrawal. If they are secular, their bogus treatment can be desiccated to the heart’s content.

They just need to be tied down.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. SOJOA Member

I do believe though that if the treatment is deemed dangerous, if addressed as such within the courts, then the public view and cloud that would be cast over NN and CoS would be vast. They may not have to directly link them to create a public mess for them. Once more people start looking at CoS and NN as using the works of LRH in a destructive (I mean people who are not aware) manner, even more information will come out.

I guess what Im saying is the public acknowledgement would put a heavier load on CoS then some court decision about their religious status. If the general publics view is that CoS is a dangerous cult, the court decisions and religious status will change in time.