Customize

Public Benefit Test - hearing CoS after lunch

Discussion in 'Senator Xenophon And Scientology' started by Anonymous, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Zhent Member

Re: Public Benefit Test - hearing CoS after lunch

@ Simonymous : How is your recording? Could you tell me tell the technical details, and what times do you have the recording for?

I am starting to upload mine, but the last 20 minutes is pretty suspect.
  2. thefatman Member

I find the irony that their lawyer has the same name as the ADF soldier who killed himself due to Scientology harassment.

Also, did any of you guys record the roundtable with the exes?
  3. Re: Public Benefit Test - hearing CoS after lunch

I disagree that the Atheist comes off as a wack. I think the format of the questioning makes it difficult for him, because he's not so much under inquiry, he's simply trying to tell them what he thinks.
  4. Sponge Member

Virgina Stewart would only have replied, "I'll take that on notice (so I can lie to you in private)"
  5. thefatman Member

carol.jpg

David Nicholls says YES!
  6. Simonymous Member

Zhent - I'm seeing what I can get. It's so far in .mov format, and it came out as 75mb. Was trying to get a higher copy as the picture is low quality, but I do have a full copy. If nothing else, hey. My other comp came out higher, but it won't save for whatever reason. It froze on the Saving... bit.

David Nicholls speaking... LOL.
  7. Anonymous Member

Just upload your MOV to Youtube. So those of us who missed it can at leats hear the audio.
  8. Simonymous Member

PS - I don't know... what technical details are you asking for? Any besides the size, around 75-80mb and it's so far a .mov file?

Annoyed, my better quality computer won't save. Maybe they are the same quality, but when I tried to save, it said 275mb, vs. the lower 75mb. :(
  9. LarryBren Member

I would much appreciate it if either of you could get up a recording of the organized scientology segment.

Very early on the scientology spokesman actually spoke about me in an advanced and lame attempt to "DA" what she figures I will be covering in my testimony tomorrow.

This is the second time they have tried to use that "old news" argument to DA what I was about to talk about. The first time was a couple years ago before I spoke in Germany and they used that same line about me then.

I will be taking this up and addressing it once and for all. A recording of what she said about me will help me do that.

The truth about religious cloaking and corporate veils and what they hide and the need for a real public benefit test will be going on record tomorrow.
  10. Zhent Member

My rip is mostly good, except for the last 20 minutes when the stream starts to stutter a bit.

My rip should also be better quality, as it is a direct 1:1 dump of the stream data, ie not re-encoded as what Simonymous seems to have indicated.

Simonymous, are you able to separate the last 20-30 minutes of your file and upload that separately? That might be the best option, I'll see now what I can do with my existing files.
  11. Anonymous Member

Perhaps you should make a recording of youself saying "Larry Brennan" as fast as possible so you can play that every time before you speak, for Hansard :)
  12. Simonymous Member

What I did was copy the window, paste into a new window, then Save it. It forces me to use .mov. It looks as good as the original stream, but for some reason, the stream looks lower quality on that computer than it does where the computer wouldn't save (it hung up). I use the same program on both!

I'll go make an account on Vimeo -- you can put a full-length on there, correct? If not, does anyone have a suggestion?
  13. Anonymous Member

Tl;DR.
    LOUISE McBRIDE
    COURT APPEARANCES IN REVENUE MATTERS (2007- DATE)
    Since joining the Bar in October 2006 Louise has appeared in the following Federal Government and New South Wales State Government Revenue cases:
    Federal Court
     Sydney Refractive Surgery Centre Pty Limited v Commissioner of Taxation [2008] FCA 454, (2008) ALR 247(for the Taxpayer)
     Commissioner of Taxation v Sydney Refractive Surgery Centre Pty Ltd [2008] FCAFC 190 (for the Taxpayer)
     Epov v Commissioner of Taxation [2007] FCAFC 139 (for the Commissioner)
     Deputy Commissioner of Taxation v Holiday Coast Security Pty Limited (NSD 232/2007(for the Taxpayer) (the matter was settled following orders made by to Jacobsen J )
     JMB Beverages v Commissioner of Taxation,(Appeal set down for the 3 May 2010 (this case has received funding under the Federal Government’s Test Case Litigation Program.)
    Federal Magistrates Court of Australia
    Deputy Commissioner of Taxation v Ross Richmond 2008 FMCA 1431(for the Taxpayer).
    District Court of New South Wales
    Deputy Commissioner of Taxation V Spios Bilos (No. 3857 of 2005) (for the Taxpayer)
    Local Court
    Commissioner of Taxation v Neil Smith (29 November 2006 Magistrate Bradd) (for the taxpayer)
    Commissioner of Taxation v Kai Shuen Chan (27 February 2007 Magistrate O’Shane) for the taxpayer)
    Administrative Appeals Tribunal
    Salvatore Tomarchio v Commissioner of Taxation (Matter No 2007/3793-3794) (The Commissioner conceded the matter the day before the hearing on the basis of the Taxpayers submissions, a s. 42 C agreement was signed by the parties)
    Pat Lergou v Commissioner of Taxation, Michael Lergou v Commissioner of Taxation, the Partnership (trading as Wild Rooster) v Commissioner of Taxation [2009] AATA 292.
    Khoa The Anh Nguyen v Federal Commissioner of Taxation 18 October 2007 (the matter was conceded by the taxpayer on the day of the hearing. Louise was acting pro bono for the taxpayer on behalf of the New South Wales Bar Association legal assist program).
    Administrative Decisions Tribunal
    Lotten Pty Limited and ors v Chief Commissioner of State Revenue [2007] NSWADT 212 (for the Taxpayer)
    Since coming to the Bar Louise has been briefed by the following firms in taxation matters:
    Freehill’s; Mallesons Stephen Jaques; Speed & Stracey, Gilbert + Tobin; Pigott Stinson Lawyers and Kemp Strang Lawyers.
  14. Zhent Member

...not exactly sure what you have done there, but go make a Vimeo account and upload it and we will see how it goes. Yes Vimeo is not limited by length.

My rip is going up now, its complete (though split), however theres about a 10-20 minute patch at the end where it keeps jerking/skipping. Its annoying but it should still be watchable to obtain the arguments used.

I'm very much looking forward to your hearing tomorrow, I think you will have a great time with it, as CoS's argument's were piss weak! Go shred em' for us!

You might also like to view the other video hearings I have also uploaded/am uploading.

Edit: Cult Information and Family Support hearing just completed!
    [ame="http://vimeo.com/12907429"]Senate Economics Committee Hearing : Public Benefits Test Ammendment - Day 1 Cult Information and Family Support on Vimeo[/ame]

Edit: Simonymous, I don't suppose you recorded the Charity Commission of New Zealand? I don't suppose ANYONE recorded the Charity Commission of New Zealand?
  15. thefatman Member

16. Ogsonofgroo Member

Half and hour before resumption, UK commissioner on Charities, if half as good as Kiwi Mr. Garret it'll be worth a listen. Anyone remember how long it takes them to get their transcripts up?
    Sittin here yawning away *nods*, glad I caught the scilon storm of foot-bullets, man they threw in near everything except Hitler, Toto, and Gandhi. Along with a couple of the usual 'big lies', culty lawyers made a right shmozzle of that, what a fuckin' train-wreck imho.

19minutes *tap tap tap tap tap*

Zhent> this may be of some sort of use>
  17. Simonymous Member

OH yeah!

I'm hopefully getting a workaround, which means I'll have the video in the better quality! I have to break it into three parts, but 30min each isn't so bad. 1 and 2 look good so far, let's hope 3 joins his brothers!
  18. Kenji Member

love you zhent, you deliver as always :p
  19. BigBeard Member

Just went through the thread after getting back from a bunch of meetings. From the descriptions it sounds like OSA ANZO will be looking for a new crew. As this one, at the least, will be spending a lot of time in the RPF.

By the way, what's the penalty for perjury to a Senate Committee in Oz?? Sounds like Cof$ was doing some serious hole digging.

Can't wait for the UK Charities Commission speaker to get into the claim COSRECI is a charity, I hope.

BigBeard
  20. Zhent Member

Oh good, I was hoping there would be something like that. Can someone else follow up on it though? Right now I'm busy and only concerned with getting my own recording up ASAP.

By the way, I'm doing some work on my Scientology video, with any luck I will have the -complete- thing uploaded as one peice, WITH higher quality audio from the separate audio source. Unfortunately theres no getting around the skips, but hopefully they won't interfere to much.
  21. Ogsonofgroo Member

Awesome Zhent! bunch on the hugbox chat waiting for it :)
  22. sooleater Member

better audio sauce
    sounds good

the video is like a TS.MD
    i want LD
  23. Anonymous Member

update OP
  24. mnql1 Member

My recording is okay and is being uploaded to the mnql2 channel on YouTube.
  25. Zhent Member

Scientology hearing part one is up

[ame=http://vimeo.com/12908113]Senate Economics Committee Hearing : Public Benefits Test Ammendment - Day 1 Church of Scientology (Part1) on Vimeo[/ame]

Please note its NOT complete, and some skipping starts happening near the end. You can watch it now (most of the serious lulz happens in this segment) or wait till later when I might upload a complete version with better audio.

Also the next hearing is about to begin: UK Charities Commission

Oh wow there you are, you hadn't posted today so I though you had abandoned us. Good to hear your recording is ok.
  26. BigBeard Member

Did UK Charities people speak yet?

BigBeard
  27. Simonymous Member

I'm uploading now!

Part One isn't quite ready, but here's where it will be. Quality is better than I expected, because I broke it into parts and was able to save the "good" stream. Whew.

WATCH THIS SPACE:

[ame=http://vimeo.com/12909341]Part 1 : Australian Charity Public Benefit Test : Scienos on Vimeo[/ame]

[strike]Vimeo said video won't be ready for 45 minutes or something. If it doesn't show up in a while, I'll edit that. Until then, I don't know, have a beer or wait for the hearings to resume after lunch. Oh, hearings just started this minute. Go watch![/strike] My videos failed for some reason. Mlqn1 (or however you spell it) got everything I did and put on Youtube, so go watch those instead. It's just not my day for electronics... I blame Xenu!
  28. Zhent Member

6:04 Pm

Ahh dammit they are late again!

Ok here we go.
  29. Yoni Alter Member

Can't believe I missed the good stuff. Any other Scilon stuff coming up?
  30. Zhent Member

The excellent point of how the test impinges on legitimate charities is being discussed. Essentially churches are concerned the test will bring about unwanted litigation and trouble (scientology certainly raised this), however the UK commission eased these concerns with how their test worked (worked well).
  31. Anonymous Member

It's important to step back for a minute and understand our victory here today.

Yes, Xenophon and the Scis are doing direct battle over whether or not they can retain their tax exempt status. And some exes - people whose lives were seriously and adversely affected by the Church of Scientology were allowed to speak their minds in front of their nation's lawmakers. But until the tax exempt status is revoked, any victories here are merely moral victories.

But we achieved much more than moral victory today. Today, The Church of Scientology testified to the parliament of a developed nation to oppose a law that says nothing more than 'If you want tax exempt status, you have to be a force for good.'

The only conceivable reason they could be motivated to do so is if they want tax exempt status, but realize they have an overall negative effect on the nation. And you can now shout with confidence "Scientology spoke under oath to the Australian parliament in opposition to a law that would require tax-exempt organizations to DO GOOD." And you'd be factually correct. And for the rest of the Church of Scientology's existence, that fact will remain true.

And that's a win. And they didn't think about that aspect at ALL when planning their defense.
  32. BigBeard Member

Sounds like a sig to me!

Now how to get that on a readable protest sign??

BigBeard
  33. Barry41 Member

Thanks a lot for the recordings, all day I've been looking forward to getting home to watch this and from this thread it sounds epic
  34. Zhent Member

Whoa, the UK commission has 416 employees!
  35. BigBeard Member

And one can hope that 300 of them are looking into the COSRECI "desert/floorwax" charity status claims.

BigBeard
  36. OTBT Member

37. BigBeard Member

If the real books actually get opened, it'll be interesting to hear the explanation to how all that money going "up lines" to RTC/CST is benefiting the Australian public.

BigBeard
  38. Zhent Member

3 more videos

Corney & Lind : [ame=http://vimeo.com/12909485]Senate Economics Committee Hearing : Public Benefits Test Ammendment - Day 1 Corney & Lind on Vimeo[/ame]

Atheist Foundation of Australia : [ame=http://vimeo.com/12909913]Senate Economics Committee Hearing : Public Benefits Test Ammendment - Day 1 Atheist Foundation of Australia on Vimeo[/ame]

Church of Scientology Part 2 : [ame=http://vimeo.com/12910267]Senate Economics Committee Hearing : Public Benefits Test Ammendment - Day 1 Church of Scientology (Part 2) on Vimeo[/ame]

I've uploaded the part 2 now for the interim, I'll see what I can do about putting the 2 halves together tomorrow...
  39. Simonymous Member

Wow. The UK Charities Commissions people just finished. They had lots of good points, but what stood out was how reasonable and thoughtful they were. They gave their statements and answered questions, but the difference between them and the Scientologists was night and day! There was no fighting, no "your bill is a mockery" BS, nothing.

They gave insight, Scientologists gave drama. It's just another notch in the belt of how Scientology takes normal, idealistic people and turns them into petulant, juvenile, angry, abusive... machines.
  40. mnql1 Member

Here are the videos on YouTube thus far:

Dr. Stephen Mutch

YouTube - Dr. Stephen Mutch (1/5) Scientology and Senator Xenophon's Public Benefit Test Proposal
    YouTube - Dr. Stephen Mutch (2/5) Scientology and Senator Xenophon's Public Benefit Test Proposal
    YouTube - Dr. Stephen Mutch (3/5) Scientology and Senator Xenophon's Public Benefit Test Proposal
    YouTube - Dr. Stephen Mutch (4/5) Scientology and Senator Xenophon's Public Benefit Test Proposal
    YouTube - Dr. Stephen Mutch (5/5) Scientology and Senator Xenophon's Public Benefit Test Proposal

Roundtable

YouTube - Roundtable (1/6) Scientology and Senator Xenophon's Public Benefit Test Proposal
    YouTube - Roundtable (2/6) Scientology and Senator Xenophon's Public Benefit Test Proposal
    YouTube - Roundtable (3/6) Scientology and Senator Xenophon's Public Benefit Test Proposal
    YouTube - Roundtable (4/6) Scientology and Senator Xenophon's Public Benefit Test Proposal
    YouTube - Roundtable (5/6) Scientology and Senator Xenophon's Public Benefit Test Proposal
    YouTube - Roundtable (6/6) Scientology and Senator Xenophon's Public Benefit Test Proposal

Church of Scientology

YouTube - CoS (1/9) Scientology and Senator Xenophon's Public Benefit Test Proposal
    YouTube - CoS (2/9) Scientology and Senator Xenophon's Public Benefit Test Proposal
    YouTube - CoS (3/9) Scientology and Senator Xenophon's Public Benefit Test Proposal
    YouTube - CoS (4/9) Scientology and Senator Xenophon's Public Benefit Test Proposal
    YouTube - CoS (5/9) Scientology and Senator Xenophon's Public Benefit Test Proposal
    YouTube - CoS (6/9) Scientology and Senator Xenophon's Public Benefit Test Proposal
    YouTube - CoS (7/9) Scientology and Senator Xenophon's Public Benefit Test Proposal
    YouTube - CoS (8/9) Scientology and Senator Xenophon's Public Benefit Test Proposal
    YouTube - CoS (9/9) Scientology and Senator Xenophon's Public Benefit Test Proposal

CIFS (Cult Information and Family Support)

YouTube - CIFS (1/4) Scientology and Senator Xenophon's Public Benefit Test Proposal
    YouTube - CIFS (2/4) Scientology and Senator Xenophon's Public Benefit Test Proposal
    YouTube - CIFS (3/4) Scientology and Senator Xenophon's Public Benefit Test Proposal
    YouTube - CIFS (4/4) Scientology and Senator Xenophon's Public Benefit Test Proposal