Customize

Public Benefit Test - Day 2 Hearing

Discussion in 'Senator Xenophon And Scientology' started by BigBeard, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Sponge Member

Re: Public Benefit Test - Day 2 Hearing

The Takeovers Panel

2. Anonymous Member

This Sen. Cameron is awesome. He sticks to the substance and doesn't let the Scn-PRs derail him. They too often succeed in this especially with media and glib politicos. It's just awesome to see someone in high place not being handled by these professional sleazes.
  3. RightOn Member

I wonder if McBride is still on the panel?

Also perhaps COS should include this quote for their defense from their beloved founder:

HCOPL 2 JUNE 1959 – A COMMENT ON FINANCE
    I am not parasitic on the organization. I always make many times the amount I may spend on hybrid horned toads with pink ribbons for the front hall. --L. Ron Hubbard
  4. Sponge Member

nzcc2009late.jpg

inb4 NZ CC beauracracy/website slowpokes.
  5. greebly Member

It's very similiar to the Monoply and mergers commission that existed in uk until the new quango came along 98 called the competition commission.

example:

Marmite wants to own vegimite, the day timer starts once the takeover bid is in place.
    The body has loads of meetings and free lunches discussing the effect marmite owning vegimite will have on the australian people.

More lunches and meetings.

End of timer:p

Most market folk get to have a go on the boards, they range from fund mgrs to lawyers like herself. There are 4 names I know on that list atm.
  6. RightOn Member

WTF???
    Am I crazy or is the address that is on that Charity summary for a sailboard Store?
    532 Ellerslie Panmure Highway is listed as Tamaki Sailboards

Tamaki Sailboards
    532 Ellerslie Panmure Highway
    Panmure
    Auckland

Or is it that there are many businesses in the same building?
    EDITED:
    Paradise Catering is also listed at the same adress.
    must be a big complex then?

Paradise Catering Ltd
    532 Ellerslie-panmure Highway
  7. mnql1 Member

8. RightOn Member

COS is listed as a serivce business in this Roadworks directory

Church of Scientology of New Zealand
    L3, 163 Queen Street
    PO Box 6719
    Community, Information p: 09 379 6070

Church of Scientology of NZ
    532 Ellerslie Panmure Highway, Panmure, Auckland
    PO Box 6791, Wellesley Street, Auckland
    Community p: 09 574 5170

Services - Roadworks Online Ltd
  9. Sponge Member

^nice one mnql1, thanks for the transcript links.
  10. AnonLover Member

holy carp - i got a lot of vids to catchup on!!! Thks again to mnql1 & zhent for capturing all this awesomenes!!!
  11. Anonxmous Member

That's ancient - they haven't been in Queen Street for years (decades?)

The Panmure building (which I think they also own???) is ground floor shops (three I think) with the cult upstairs. Last I knew they still hadn't re-located in full to the new (grand old) $10m building in Grafton Road.
  12. Anonymous Member

Good point. Doesn't change things much though.
    0.78 rather than 0.81, 0.53 rather than 0.50

XE.com - Free Currency Charts (NZD/USD)

Agreed.

HOWEVER - All this is actually a bit of a distraction from the Senators original question, which related to the massive drop in INCOME after charitable registration.
  13. RightOn Member

ahhh thanks for clearing that up. I wonder if the building is tax free? (if they own it)
  14. Zhent Member

Excellent spotting.

These will come in great use.

Here is the Mike Ferriss lulz once again:

If only Hansard printed that Cameron was laughing his ass off at this.

Oh and this beauty:

And wow, OSA Michael is a reverend? :puke:

Oh and this is also useful:

I'm a little confused about this one, first he seems to say they have to pay GST, then he says they have an exemption?

Also:
    That one really has to be seen on video, the senators were note happy that remark one bit!
  15. Ogsonofgroo Member

Mnqu1 Thanks so much for the transcript link! Hugs if yer a 'her', manly handshakes if a male, what-ever.
    June 28 testimony from the scilon contingent begins on page 46. All I can say is great leapin' heaps of steaming baffle-gabbing! There is so much to pick apart, so much crap, it'd make a hungry Siberian chicken happy to be pecking through it.
    I'm going to go over this all a few times but on first reading (and yes its the 'proof copy') the thought in the back of my mind is 'Is this the best crap they can come up with? What a fucking bawww-fest of incompetence! Hope their hands don't shake much when they get their checks! Oh wait, Stewart is a clam, Ferris is a clam, other one too, only one seeing any loot of consequence would be McBride' Good lord what a circus...

(pg.46/75) Oh R'ly? (just atom from the initial crap molecule, she really gets into her stride late with the ol' footbullet gun blazing away later)

(pg. 59/75) Ooopsy, this spokeshole needs a refresher on the corporate structure of the cult imho.

Hope everyone saves this and reads through it, it is interesting on so many levels and will bring much dissection entertainment for months to come.
    Kudos on the committee for not taking any shite and more or less sticking to the points, particularly Xenophone (who swayed a bit and got called on it), and Senator Cameron who was bloody awesome in his intelligent directness. Hard-headed as he was, the chairman did a brilliant job of keeping things on target and I think deserves his own special piece of cake.

Going back to read more as I've only made it to pg. 59 so far, but my take thus far is "Wow scientology, if that foot-bullet firer/cannon thingy was any bigger there'd be no room for de holes!"

The live hearings were a gas ta watch and listen to, but re-reading the statements is awesome!

Edit @ Zhent's comment above^^^, Oh ya, when McBride started deriding the committee is priceless, we were all sitting around here going 'holyfuck!' facepalming lolol, yikes lolol, way to be a dumb hole "You really should read it....a couple of times...." Omg massive twatage! If it wasn't for cult I think her career would tank..... oh wait....... what's that I hear, the happy sound of capillaries popping in the Dwarf's brain-pan? Oh nm, making popcorn :D
    Ferris and his massive understanding of economics was hilarious...... durr-durr, could have used inflation as a reason too >_> <_< :confused: Poor NZ, crashing economy an' all..... hope they find out about it soon...
  16. Sponge Member

I know there are more important things to be analyzing, post-hearings, but this comment from the Acting Chair cracked me up.....

LOL. He obviously hasn't heard the Xenu story then.

Actually, I wonder if Virgina Stewart was shitting her pants after hearing that, thinking "oh fuck! I hope they don't bring up xenu when we come on".
  17. Sponge Member

This is the official church explanation of the discrepancy in NZ revenue (scroll to the last minute of the video)....

1st July 2010
    VIDEO: NineNews A Current Affair - Scientology Tax

Due to a "one off loan" they are reported as saying.
  18. Random guy Member

I think I've read the McBride interview 3 time now, I still can't stop chuckling. Bout Xenophon and Cameron ran rings around her.
  19. Anonymous Member

Ferris was thinking about the bottom line, whereas, for revenue/income, it's set out here.. (2008 v 2007)

cosnzinc.gif

Those 'affiliated organisations' should be spelled out, as whether they are 'charitable' or not is, IMO, fairly important.

I particularly like the drop in auditing fees from 320K to 35K (but that's still 35K to go...)
  20. JohnnyRUClear Member

{whistling innocently}
  21. pedrofcuk Member

Lulziness of teh highest order.
  22. Ogsonofgroo Member

shameless 'Stats Day' BUMP!
    Man, I was saturated after 50 some-odd pages~zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz kicked in and don't have nearly as much spare time as I'd like *sigh*
  23. Anonymous Member

Yawn, I'll wait for the summary when this boring shit is done.
  24. Anonymous Member

Hmmm...This reminds me...:

25. Anonymous Member

summary: you didn't read anything now you won't read anything then, not wasting any more letters on you
  26. Anonymous Member

solution: find an ex with original receipt; instant proof of tax fraud, and instant massive forensic audit
  27. Sponge Member

Still late.
  28. subgenius Member

Hey, cut them some slack.
    Deciding whether to shit or go blind ain't easy.
  29. Anonymous Member

I bet they are practising the red box drill.
  30. RightOn Member

lol!
  31. Sponge Member

Mike Ferris says: &quot;We're sorry that the financial return is late [SIZE=&quot;1&quot;](mumble,mumble)[/SIZE] but due the difference in the 2008/2009 [SIZE=&quot;1&quot;](mumble,mumble)[/SIZE] exchange rate, the price of dog food [SIZE=&quot;1&quot;](mumble, mumble) [/SIZE]has skyrocketed and.....&quot;
    projectscheduledog.jpg
  32. LarryBren Member

I actually got the transcripts to my in camera testimony - some 9-10 pages.

I'm proofreading and then getting back to them if any little changes needed (like a word should have been different).

It's a file that is password locked to the point where I can't copy it or even print it.

I have it in writing from the Australia Senate that I may not publish it now.

But I am hoping to find out soon if I can at least post a summery of what we talked about without giving the actual transcript. If I get the "go-ahead" for that I will post the summary.
  33. Sponge Member

^Excellent Larry. Are you allowed to tell us that from first letter of each line, when read from top to bottom, it spells out "MarblecaekAlsoTheGame"
  34. Zhent Member

Time for some [STRIKE]harpoons[/STRIKE] polite inquiries?
  35. greebly Member

Yes please hurry with the accounts as many wish to know the public good done with the 2.5mil exchange "gain"
  36. Anonymous Member

Suggest you scrape the text, for your own records.
    find a friend with with Computer Science IV training. (I assume you're at least CS3 yourself)
  37. Anonymous Member

Have you tried using the PrtSc (Print Screen) function, then pasting to Microsoft Paint? Or digital photos of each page on your computer screen?
  38. LarryBren Member

CS3? Computer science IV?

Scrapping text?

Why I toured the world and lectured on the subject!!

Now if I could just find that pesky "on/off" button again!!
  39. LarryBren Member

Sounds like things that could work but this little bit from their email that went with the transcript has my shying away from publishing anything now anyway:

"Please be aware that Senate standing order 37, Privilege Resolution 6 and section 15 of the Parliamentary Privileges Act 1987 (Cth) state that it is a contempt to publish evidence taken in private without the Senate or the committee’s approval".

My immediate question has to do with if "publishing evidence" includes just listing a summary of topics covered in the testimony.
  40. Anonymous Member

If it's a PDF/Acrobat doc, and it doesn't look like a scanned document, you'll probably be able to copy&paste the text (for your own private purposes of course) using any crappy old downloaded NON-ADOBE PDF viewer.