Customize

Protesting the CoLCorp

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by RolandRB, Oct 29, 2012.

1. RolandRB Member

All legal means have been tried and failed in stopping the 280K GBP per year in rates relief that the CoLCorp gives COSRECI in the UK. This shortfall in revenues is compensated for by increased taxes, increased rates and reduced services. The loser is the British taxpayer. The winner is COSRECI in the UK. The donor of British taxpayer money is the City of London Corporation. If they stopped giving them 280K GBP per year then COSRECI would likely go bust in the UK. The CoLCorp is the biggest financial supporter of COSRECI in the UK. They are a legitimate target for pickets and doing so would get the word out about this scam.
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  2. fishypants Moderator

3. Anonymous Member

4. RolandRB Member

I think a twice a year picket could pull in publicity (i.e. get into the newspapers at least for the first picket) and remind the British public how their tax money is being wasted, especially with all the cuts being made.

A sum-up of the situation could be used for protest signs and protest leaflets.

1) British public lose £280K per year from Scientology's main building in London due to the rates relief given them by the CoLCorp.

2) The City of London Corporation is the biggest financial supporter of the Church of Scientology in the UK and they are doing it with YOUR money.

3) Tax relief to Scientology given despite Eric Pickles "urging" local authorities not to do so.

4) The Charity Commission say that Scientology is not for the public benefit and therefore not charitable yet they are given rates relief that only charities are entitled to.

5) The CoLCorp know that Scientology does not qualify for rates relief but they still give it every year to avoid a legal challenge. Now they have let the cult have £1.5M of our money and every year that amount grows.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Quentinanon Member

I would suggest you obtain a list of who has executive authority in the City of London Corporation.
    At least one of those people will be on the scientology crime syndicate payoff list. It would not happen otherwise. Some journalist should get on it and expose the corruption. The CPS should be very interested if some incriminating facts can be gotten.
  6. Quentinanon Member

7. RolandRB Member

The top guy in coming to this decision is this guy:

http://www.newlistener.co.uk/home/andrew-colvin-corporation-london/

There's a nice triangle to picket at at 20 Aldermanbury, London, where the car park entrance road slopes down. Take a look on Google street view.

I think just two pickets there each year would be enough to gain attention. It's a nice spot to picket at. Aim for lunchtime and you will be able to leaflet CoLCorp staff going to and returning from lunch.

No surprise is needed. Pick the best two dates a year well in advance and try to get maximum turnout. Maybe invite John Sweeney to attend.

Just thought of a poster title:

$cientology Child Abuse:
    Guess who pays for it?
    You do!
    The CoLCorp donates
    YOUR
    money to the cult.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. RolandRB Member

I'm thinking of a hard-hitting leaflet that can be given out that will hopefully find its way into the building with the staff reading it. The front page could be something like:

The City of London Corporation illegally gives the Church of Scientology £280K per year of British taxpayers money

I will give the full reasoning and justification of this front page "illegally" claim in the text of the leaflet such that they can not dispute it.

We've tried for nearly three years now with right on our side and the law on our side but these scumbags have lifted two fingers at us for all this time and continue to be the main supporters of the cult in the UK. Now it's time to change tactics.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. RolandRB Member

Edit of the above does not work so I will continue here.

I will web the leaflet online when it is ready. I will send it to the Comptroller of the CoLCorp for his comments before I web it in case they consider any part of it to be inaccurate. They won't - and they'll know what is coming their way. It will get copied and passed around the staff at the CoLCorp and this is something they really will not want.

I think the CoLCorp is up with Saint Hill in target importance. If the CoLCorp stop doing this illegal thing then the cult is finished in the UK. CoLCorp might now be their biggest source of (effective) revenue in the UK.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  10. Anonymous Member

You have given them every opportunity to correct their behaviour, it's about time to shame them into submission.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. RolandRB Member

Yes, coming up to three years. I have reported it to them directly. I have pointed out the fraud to their fraud officer. I have written to the independent borough auditor to point out that what they are doing is illegal. In October 2010 (yes, more than 2 years ago now) Eric Pickles released a statement urging them not to give rates relief to Scientology and to respect the Charity Commission decision. They did neither. We have looked into the possibility of judicial review. Also in reporting this to the police as fraud. In these two last cases this is not doable unless we can define a victim of the crime and the British taxpayer being robbed is not considered to be a victim. The CoLCorp themselves have released a statement saying that they know that COSRECI are no longer eligible for rates relief and they have also stated that they will continue to give that relief if not financially supported by central government in the case of legal costs (it is the local authority who is responsible for collecting rates - not central government). Genuine large charities are accountable for how they use their money and must give account each year. COSRECI do not and the CoLCorp does not bother to ask for it.

I have also written to my MP twice about this but there is nothing that central government can do to make local authorities comply with the law.

There are probably more things I have forgotten. For three years of being polite and sticking to the rules and even with central government on our side plus the quasi-judicial decision of the CC then this still goes on.

Edit: I complained to the Local Government Ombudsman as well and got nowhere. I forgot that one.

The Church of Scientology uses the money it gets off the British taxpayer to perpetuate child abuse and break up families. The British taxpayer helps perpetuate this. Somehow the British taxpayer needs to find a way of stopping themselves from committing this crime. I see only one more legal way left and that is to shame the CoLCorp until they stop their illegal act.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

May I humbly suggest you briefly catalogue the laundry lists of actions taken in your flyers. I think the average person would probably be as outraged at the way the system has rejected your every reasonable request, as much as the ridiculous allocation of rates relief.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. RolandRB Member

I forgot - the leaflet will ask for ALL of our tax money back, due to COSREI misrepresentation, not just that CoLCorp stop giving rates relief. We want CoLCorp to get back ALL the money and to get it from COSRECI.
  14. Anonymous Member

Protest the City of London? LOL You'd might as well send your complaint to God via Richard Dawkins.
  15. Budd Member

Sorry chaps, but what is COSRECI, COSREI, and CoLCORP?
    Pip pip, cheerio!
  16. Anonymous Member

Heard of Google?
  17. RolandRB Member

No, protest the City of London Corporation who have their offices behind Guildhall in central London.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. anonysamvines Member

I think maybe a certain Sun newspaper reporter may be interested in hearing about this. Especially with the video of an arsehole who enjoyed working with them. Especially when that video is placed alongside his answer to the FoI request.

Good idea Roland
  19. Anonymous Member

This is a brilliant thread.

stock-illustration-6348557-shiny-disco-ball.jpg
  20. Anonymous Member

I believe the Lord Mayor and the Corporation of London have a yearly Lord Mayor's Show.

With a big crowd and lots of journalists and TV cameras.

Just sayin'

November 10th, so it might be a bit soon to organise for this year.

http://www.lordmayorsshow.org/procession/2012/map.html

Starts at the CoLCorp's historic Guildhall HQ.

Could be a good protest-opp.
  21. RolandRB Member

Yes, but the real damage is going to be done with a leaflet detailing the CoLCorp ongoing illegal subsidy of the cult getting into CoLCorp staff hands and being copied and distributed inside their offices. I will make sure there is an easy download link printed on the leaflet somewhere so the staff can access the original document and have links that work so they can check all the claims made in the document. Some high up official's reputation is going to be toast within a few hours of that happening. And him retiring so soon.... ah!
  22. Anonymous Member

Let's hope Teh royal family aren't all clams...
  23. Anonymous Member

Doing a little research on CoLcorp, and how the whole thing works, what with livery men and whatnot, The appointed Lord Mayor has to fund his year in office. Everything I've read speaks of significant sums of money handed over but not even Ballpark figures are indicated. Any idea how much personally handed over by each successive Lord Mayor? Trying to get a handle on what sort of people we are talking about. People with big money often have big secrets that need protecting.
  24. RolandRB Member

Ian Luder is the obvious one who stands out. He was at the opening ceremony of 146 QVS in 2006 and gave a speech praising them and also saying how he had had the pleasure of working with the representatices of the Church of Scientology (OSA) over the past several months. In answer to a FOI request he said he had only met OSA once. In 2008 he had money enough to be Lord Mayor of London.
  25. Anonymous Member

A very secretive organisation, that blackballs the members that sought to democratise and make transparent their financial records. The occupy shambles saw a small number of journalists refer to moves afoot to democratize the organisation in keeping with the rest of the country. Any insights about the existence of such a movement, and anything they might be attempting. Common aim might make a nice little symbiosis. Just a thought.
  26. Anonymous Member

CoLcorp are a bunch of smug, stalling assholes, William Thackerey rocks, and I wonder just how bitter Liz Luder the previous wife is?
  27. Budd Member

Uhm, no. What is a google?
  28. Anonymous Member

Ask your Jesus. After all, he is the answer.
  29. RolandRB Member

If people think that a CoLCorp protest could be fitted into a London protest (or even done in its own right) then let me know and I will work on a leaflet that could be distributed outside the CoLCorp offices (behind Guildhall).
  30. Anonymous Member

thank you, kind sir or madam.

Repeated for emphasis.

In response to the FOIA request he said that he had only met with Scientology representatives once.

This is clearly untrue.

We have him on video meeting them (not at the single meeting to which he referred in the FOIA response) and giving a speech where he says how great it was to work with them over a period of months.

We also have a pic of him with DM.

- WT.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  31. RolandRB Member

Isn't it a criminal offence to lie in response to a legitimate FOI request?

See end of the following page.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisations/freedom_of_information/guide/complaints.aspx
  32. RolandRB Member

If people are up for this then I will write a leaflet which, if it gets inside the Guildhall offices, will cause devastation for the careers of those finance officer twats. It will take me about 20 hours which is a lot of work. If there are no takers then I won't bother.
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Anonymous Member

I hope someone takes this up, a lot, and I mean a whole lot of work has gone into pursuing CoLcorp and the cults rates relief thru traditional channels. I am geographically not the one to help, but someone please take up this challenge. The cult needs this final assault to finish them off.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  34. Anonymous Member

Feel free to translate the acronyms. I think I get 'em now, but make it easy on the stoned folk.
  35. Anonymous Member

GBP- Pounds ya know dollars that UK fags use

CoLcorp-City of London Corporation see above for explanation of how they pretend theirs not something funny going on between them and the cult

COSRECI-Church of Scientology religious Education College Inc. Registered in South Australia opperates in UK- United KIngdom

Now can someone please please please take up the awesome opportunity. :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  36. RolandRB Member

The City of London Corporation, through their illegal "unpopular decision", have turned the population of Britain into family breakers and child abusers while they enjoyed the gala dinners at Saint Hill, in the company of Tom Cruise, helped by the slave labour of children. They wined and dined and danced while Sea Org children sobbed themselves to sleep. These cunts at the CoLCorp do not care to apply the law and in not doing so turn the rest of Britain into complicit criminals. If I could get some leaflets into their offices that would wreck the careers of some of these people then I would feel that justice had been returned in some small degree.
    • Winner Winner x 3
  37. Anonymous Member

Roland,
    I certainly hope I am not the first to say this. But thank you for all the hard work you have put into trying to reverse the tax relief the cult gets. You have shown dedication and remained dignified in your pursuit of this goal. You left no stone unturned in trying to get this done, and kept going in good humour in the face of awesome frustration. Not many would see it through the way you have. So thanks.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  38. Do we have confirmation that the CoL Corp is in fact still granting rate relief to the cult? (Ditto Westminster and Sunderland although not the subject of this thread.)
  39. RolandRB Member

I think it would have rocked the news if there had been any change of rates relief at the CoLCorp.

Another thing I noticed was that Andrew Colvin had retired as comptroller of the CoLCorp and been replaced by Michael Cogher.