Customize

Protester arrested at "Stand Tall" raid at Celebrity Centre, Aug. 6, 2011

Discussion in 'USA - West Coast' started by mnql1, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

Endangerment at best.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

Excuse me? Dox or STFU. And, yes, the Scientology guards have cards.
  3. xenubarb Member

They didn't at Gold Base...
  4. DeathHamster Member

Yeah, but after that, I'm sure they realized that they could be screwed in the future.

But I'll bet that for special events, when they need extras they just throw uniforms at people who'll fit them.
  5. DeathHamster Member

No U.

Did you ask them all to show their cards, or do you have a list of their names and checked it against the registry?
  6. Anonymous Member

So is the guy hunkyfuckindory or no? Is the poor bastard still in the pokey? I mean it's not like he had a Xander to go test the waters now is it?
  7. Anonymous Member

Read the posted training book.
  8. Anonymous Member

No U. It is a training manual. Nothing in the manual says wearing the uniform off the job (i.e., to pump gas) is illegal under California law.
  9. Anonymous Member

The discussion is with the guards at the CC.. not Gold Base... gotta keep up, grandma.
  10. Anonymous Member

Same cult, same MO, so yes RELAVENT!! You have to use the space between you ears for something rather than just a flatulence reservoir!
  11. xenubarb Member

I don't suppose there's any point in telling you that cult policy is cult policy globally. Like, undoc security guards with generic SECURITY INC. patches and personnel that try to wield authority as if they had some...yeah, that only happens in LA , huh?

And get the fuck off my lawn before I release the hounds that shoot bees out of their mouths.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Sponge Member

Does he liek being shooped?

lacceyes1.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Orson Member

Heads up: I'm about to respond separately to multiple posts in this thread, so please excuse the multi-posting frenzy.

Also, this thread has evolved into 3 different conversations: the arrest situation and related police issue, private Sea Org security guards and related issues, street permit closure and related issues.

Should we/would you like me to break this into three separate threads to allow for more focused discussion on each issue? Feel free to reply, or you can also just "like" this post if you want to show you agree. I'll make a decision based on the feedback.

EDIT: Even better, like this post for splitting it up, or like anti's post below to leave as is, that way we don't clutter up the thread. I serve at your pleasure.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. the anti Member

i kind of see this thread as the full post game report
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Orson Member

Do you remember, didn't some anons out themselves and go to the LA City Council on this issue only to get no real answer? You've identified the key element, and a clear legal answer (not an assumption based on our Law & Order Internet Attorney Licenses) would be most helpful in the future.

Other SoCalAnons/OG please chime in on this. Am I remembering this correctly?
  16. the anti Member

this the video you are asking about?

17. DeathHamster Member

The issue of if the Sea Org guards are licensed or not can shift over to this thread:
    Are CoS security goons licensed in California?
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Anonymous Member

And the moral of this story: Don't yell fuck-words at cops, idiot. Especially when there's a perfectly good Scientology to direct your fuck-words at right nearby.
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Orson Member

Even in other cities, this is an issue. Certain cops are preferred by organizations when they hire police to provide security at an event because these cops have shown a willingness to be preferential toward the event sponsor. And these organizations keep lists too and ask for specific cops.

I know this because I've done it in a prior career. The first year of our event, I worked with a sergeant to determine who would get the spots (dozen) we were were going to need. Went over names of folks who had been suggested to me..."he's a boy scout" or "he understands what's up, good guy" were typical of the descriptions I was given. Guess which ones we hired.

These guys want the overtime, and right or wrong, it's human nature for them to be predisposed to act in a manner that get's them hired again.

The problem is while it is an abuse, there's little to be done about it. Companies, private clubs, event centers, concert promoters, and even universities do it everyday.

Scientology does take it to the next level with their ridiculous "cyberterrorist" briefings and anti-anon propaganda, which certainly could add fuel to an already over-amped cop.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Saul Goodman Member

I vote to make them into separate threads. I think they are all important topics.
  21. Anonymous Member

Try reading it again. Clearly you are not very intelligent. Having work in CA as a guard I can tell you, you are only allowed to go to and from work without stopping while in uniform. You asked for docs and now you got them. Try reading, it will set your ass free, as your mind is a loss.
  22. Anonymous Member

I never would have known that telling a cop to fuck off is not a good idea if you and others didn't keep reminding me of this.
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Anonymous Member

The protester appeared composed and cooperative with officer pushy then suddenly became angry. I guessing/speculating that officer pushy said something or caused a sharp physical pain that set him off.
  24. Orson Member

glibbie - I really appreciate this information. Can you help me with some questions I have following your post? If you cannot provide the information given security concerns, that's understandable...just say so. Otherwise, the more information you can provide, the more helpful it will be to us here in both evaluating the situation and consideration of any potential response to it.

In your observation and experience, do you think the cops bought the lies, were manipulated or just used it as an excuse to justify inherent aggressive behavior towards protesters?

The cop was aggressive with protesters throughout the raid? Did anyone have or attempt to have a conversation with him and if so, how responsive was he?

I love the scene, can see it in my mind. How did this cop handle the argument both before and after the cameras came out? Was he also being antagonistic with protesters?
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Smurf Member

There are no California statutes that forbids a security guard from wearing their uniform to & from work, including stopping for gas, off duty, in your security guard uniform. It happens all the time. Thus, it is not illegal. The state's licensing bureau requires security uniforms to bear patches showing "security guard" with the name of the security company on the patch. Sec 7582.26. The patch worn on the uniform clearly shows you're not a police officer.

If in your security job, you wear a badge, that has to be removed if you're going to wear your uniform off duty.

http://www.bsis.ca.gov/forms_pubs/guardgd.pdf
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Smurf Member

That may be the policy of your employer, but it is not state law.
  27. Anonymous Member

http://law.onecle.com/california/business/7582.26.html

(f) No private patrol licensee or officer, director, partner,
    manager, or employee of a private patrol licensee shall use or wear a badge, except while engaged in guard or patrol work and while wearing a distinctive uniform. A private patrol licensee or officer, director, partner, manager, or employee of a private patrol licensee wearing a distinctive uniform shall wear a patch on each shoulder of his or her uniform that reads "private security" and that includes the name of the private patrol company by which the person is employed or for which the person is a representative and a badge or cloth patch on the upper left breast of the uniform. All patches and badges worn on a distinctive uniform shall be of a standard design approved by the director and shall be clearly visible.

(d) No licensee, or officer, director, partner, manager, or employee of a licensee, shall use a title, or wear a uniform, or use an insignia, or use an identification card, or make any statement with the intent to give an impression that he or she is connected in any way with the federal government, a state government, or any political subdivision of a state government.

The director may assess a fine of two hundred fifty dollars ($250) per violation of this subdivision.

The list goes on as to things like fire arms, batons Etc. The things to pay attention to are (except while engaged in guard or patrol work) I personally know someone who had gotten fined for getting gas and someone asked them for directions. The police asked the guy if everything was ok and he said yes because the other officer took care of it. That was all they needed to make the charge stick, that someone believed he was a police officer.

If you wanted to wear a shirt that said security or black pants it might not be a crime but then you are not recognized as a security officer. You need approved patches and a badge and for that you must be (engaged in guard or patrol work)

Enough of the silly games. The point I am making is are they on a public sidewalk trying to enforce a privet companies policies? Not just on this occasion but others? I remember a video or something where they were trying to run off a homeless person from the public area. That would be a clear violation of the law, to leave privet property and try to enforce a made up loitering law that they don't have the authority to do so.
  28. Anonymous Member

Your wrong but that is not uncommon.
  29. Anonymous Member

Also some counties have even more restrictive laws/rules Etc including ones about not wearing a uniform at all except when on site. I know of two people that have to change at work.

Business and Professions Code Section 7583.38
    A city, county, or city and county may regulate the uniforms and insignias worn by uniformed employees of a private patrol operator and vehicles used by a private patrol operator to make the uniforms and vehicles clearly distinguishable from the uniforms worn by, and the vehicles used by, local regular law enforcement officers.
  30. Anonymous Member

HERE IS A GOOD ONE! HAS THE CULT GUARD EVER USED A FALSE NAME!
    (h) No licensee shall use a fictitious name in connection with the official activities of the licensee's business.
  31. Loki's spawn Member

Has the cult guard ever killed baby cats while simultaneously urinating over the American Flag?
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Anonymous Member

Huh, yeah!
  33. grebe Member

That Sea Org guy looks like a cop to me. His uniform seems about the same color as the LAPD, plus he has the utility belt covered in cop things. And the law enforcement type star on his shoulder.

I recommend Mr. Sea Org wear a colorful hat to differentiate himself from the LAPD. Or maybe clown shoes. Or alien antennae. Something like that.
    • Like Like x 9
  34. LocalSP Member

Has a guard ever raped and killed a girl in 1990 while using the name Glenn Beck?
    • Like Like x 2
  35. DeathHamster Member

The shoulder patches do say Private Security. (There should be another tag on his front pocket saying the same. I bet they cross their arms to hide it.)
  36. Smurf Member

The regulation doesn't say they can't wear them off-duty; it states the uniforms themselves have to be "clearly distinguishable from the uniforms worn by... regular law enforcement officers." Big difference. The responsibility lies with the employer. Again, if a security guard can't wear a uniform anywhere except on-site, that is an individual employer's mandate. It has nothing to do with state law or BOS regulations.
  37. Smurf Member

I have been a paralegal for 20+ years. I doxed the applicable section. Whats your excuse, asswipe?
    • Like Like x 1
  38. grebe Member

Yes but I can't read little words like that unless I'm up real close. That's why I think a rainbow colored hat would be helpful.
    • Like Like x 3
  39. Triumph Member

FYI Tommy's not in the RPF...he's been promoted
    tommy2tone.jpg
    a shoop I had sitting around....

New PAC uniforms...from the Sheriff Lee Baca designer line

Hey Smurf heres your man in uniform....
    • Like Like x 11
  40. Anonymous Member

"(d) No licensee, or officer, director, partner, manager, or employee of a licensee, shall use a title, or wear a uniform, or use an insignia, or use an identification card, or make any statement with the intent to give an impression that he or she is connected in any way with the federal government, a state government, or any political subdivision of a state government."

What this means is that if he was acting in his capacity as private security, and not in his capacity as a police officer, he should not have been wearing his badge. That is a violation of this section.
    Further, theoretically, if he was acting in capacity for the cult, then any action against him for improper behavior can include them, and could potentially plumb what direction they gave him in his position for them.