Customize

Promote in USA - Mark Bills by underlining "ONE"

Discussion in 'Promote The Cause' started by J23, Jul 8, 2009.

1. J23

Ok, People have suggested this as a way of rebellion in Iran, and I thought it could maybe work in the US, and other countries to help spread awareness, too.

On the back of a $1 bill the word "ONE" is written in large, distinguishable letters. If we began underlining that "ONE" with a green marker it would create a stir about what it is. As "Green Ones" began popping up people would begin to wonder what it was about. After they google it or whatever they then find that it is actually for Iran. And, then, hopefully join in the fight for free Iran. Get it, get it? Additionally, you could write free iran on the bill, but a fast, quick swipe underlining the "ONE" would still be making a difference.

I am going to attach graphics soon that people can put on myspace and twitter. I was thinking of making groups on facebook and such, but 1) I don't want to shift peoples focus away form the larger problem at hand (Iran). and 2) I don't know if it is legal to promote marking on bills in the US.

What do you guys think? Is it legal to promote marking on bills in the US? Is this worth our efforts? Any suggestions?
  2. yawn? you might get 3 mouth breathers to notice that.

3. J23

What do you suggest? I am willing to jump on board any good idea, just give some feedback or suggestions of different routes to take.

I checked the legality, and it is legal to mark this on bills in the US. This is not going to be some epic task. It is simple, easy and could get attention. This is why I think it could work. Many Americans are oblivious to what is going on in Iran, and this might open a few of their eyes. That is what we are needing.
  4. That is precisely why it won't work.