Customize

Project Wonderfull?

Discussion in 'Support Questions' started by Gerrit Wammes, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Gerrit Wammes Member

Project Wonderfull?

Sup, bitches?

soooopvl0.jpg

No script for a reason.
  2. Anon752 Member

Re: Project Wonderfull?

Project Wonderful is the ad service.
  3. NotBobMinton Member

Yo. $15/day minimum? It would be nice if you could get it. But looking at other websites in our range of unique users, it doesn't look like we are going to get that. Traffic here isn't as high as enturb was.

This is the reality of what we are looking at until our numbers extend out a bit & when/if website hits increase.
    http://www.projectwonderful.com/ads...ueusers=1&adrating=0&adboxrating=0&advanced=1

My thought is, something is better than nothing, so axe the minimum to garner interest of those bidding on ads. If we get enough people interested in advertising here, it will cause some competition & boost our ad rates.
  4. the_leif Member

Gotta agree, $15/day is a little steep.
  5. Anon752 Member

23.1K unique visitors yesterday.
  6. Silent Member

minimum is ridiculous.
  7. the_leif Member

Right, it's obviously affordable for commercial advertisers, but imho the bar should be set a little bit lower to allow members of the community with a little less dough to spread around the ability to bid.

Honestly if a corporate entity decides they want an ad for $1/day we can always refuse them, can't we?
  8. Spangly Member

Having the PW minimum set at $15 a day means a whole range of people are simply never going to consider it.

Right now, the empty spot is raising absolutely no revenue. I would strongly suggest trying a 50-cent minimum and set it so each new advertiser has to be approved the first time (to screen out the truly crap ones). Pretty quickly, market forces will take care of raising the price for you.
  9. poppins Member

When no ads run for more than 24 hours I change the rate of the ad. It started at $25/day. No ads ran for a while and I lowered it.

Right now, there is an ad running, and there is another ad that wants to run, but the user has insufficient funds in their PW account currently.

Not really. If they win the bid, they win the bid unless I cancel it on them. I can only change the minium bid amount when there are no current bids. If I wanted to change it right now, I would need to cancel the bids for the current users who have bids reset the minimum bid amount and ask them to bid again.