Customize

Prince died

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Disambiguation, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Trump tweets
    "I met Prince on numerous occasions. He was an amazing talent and wonderful guy. He will be greatly missed!"
  2. RavenEyes Member

;)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. RavenEyes Member

1:50: Prince TORE SHIT UP with his guitar all the time.

3:30:

• Like Like x 3
  4. Disambiguation Global Moderator

• Like Like x 3
  5. True..

Attached Files:

6. The Wrong Guy Member

The 13 lonely last hours of the Purple One: Prince, 57, collapsed in an elevator and died in his sprawling Minnesota estate after spending night at home alone speaking to Will Smith, as cops reveal cause of death probe will take WEEKS
    • Prince spent his final hours alone inside his vast $10million compound before collapsing inside an elevator
    • Music icon, 57, was last seen entering his estate at around 8pm on Wednesday but was not found until 9.43am
    • His final sighting was just an hour after he was seen looking 'frail and nervous' outside a Walgreens pharmacy
    • Will Smith said he spoke to Prince on Wednesday night and may have been the last person to speak with him
    • Prince's autopsy was completed today, but a probe into the cause of his death will not be finished for weeks
    • Sources said Prince overdosed on highly addictive opiate painkiller Percocet just six days before he died
    • He was said to be taking the drug to help tackle chronic hip and ankle pain that he had suffered for many years
    • Prince was rumored to refuse surgery on hips because Jehovah's Witness faith does not allow blood transfusions
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...known-officials-await-toxicology-results.html

The woman who stands to receive $800million from Prince's death: Purple-haired former crack-addict prostitute sister is set to inherit singer's estate in absence of will - along with catalog of unreleased music
    • Prince's sister Tyka Nelson, 55, will be awarded her brother's estate if he did not leave behind a will
    • Under Minnesota state law, the wealth of an unmarried individual with no children goes to their grandparents, parents and siblings
    • Tyka is a former crack addict who turned to prostitution to support her two young sons before entering rehab and getting clean in 2003
    • Prince's net worth of $300million is expected to grow by millions over the next few weeks because of increased sales following his death
    • Prince also signed a deal with Tidal granting them exclusive rights to stream his music last year for an undisclosed amount
    • His catalog meanwhile is worth over $500million according to his manager Owen Husney since he owned his publishing and master recordings
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-estate-expected-make-millions-end-week.html
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Quentinanon Member

8. White Tara Global Moderator

Shut your mouth, Disco aint dead! :D
  9. Disambiguation Global Moderator

10. amaX Member

Who else but Prince could pimp himself out to go on stage with that group of superstar musicians and rip the guitar while making George Harrison's son laugh like a little kid and then walk off like a fucking boss?

I have some friends in the music business and they cover all the bases from folk music to heavy metal. Almost all of them are mourning Prince because they recognize that he had amazing talent. Talented people recognize talent in other people.

Much of Prince's sexuality was rooted in androgyny. It was a big deal back in the day. A lot of women found Prince sexy even when he looked prettier than them.

He died way too young, but he left us some amazing music. It's a pity everyone doesn't enjoy it.
    • Like Like x 5
  11. Disambiguation Global Moderator

He was super-fly compared to the rest of them, there he is in his red hat playing arching guitar/Prince type solos in the middle of a old folks reunion. He was there because he wanted to play with Tom Petty because Freefallin'
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Disambiguation Global Moderator

And DAMN George's kid looks exactly like him.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Lenny Kravits and Prince doing a funkadelic version of American Woman. Not to my taste but I like the shiny jumpsuit.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Disambiguation Global Moderator

This is classic -You gotta talk dirty baby. Damn he was a fine looking man.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. mojo Member

Will Smith, you and your "it's about me" wife are getting on my tits. STFU, please.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. RavenEyes Member

• Like Like x 2
  17. RavenEyes Member

18. The Wrong Guy Member

EXCLUSIVE: Prince's former drug dealer tells how the legend spent $40,000 at a time on six-month supplies of Dilaudid pills and Fentanyl patches - highly addictive opioid pain killers - for 25 years
    • Prince’s former drug dealer, who asked to be named only as Doctor D, revealed the full extent of the late-star’s secret drug addiction
    • Doctor D revealed the singer would spend up to $40,000 a time on six-month supplies of Dilaudid pills and Fentanyl patches
    • Prince regularly bought drugs from Doctor D between 1984 and 2008
    • The dealer said the musician suffered crippling stage fright and could not get on stage and perform without the drugs
    • Doctor D said: 'He was always a pill man - that’s why nobody ever saw him do drugs. He never shot up, or snorted cocaine'
    • Prince was found dead on Thursday at his home in Minnesota just days after sources claimed he overdosed on the opiate Percocet
    By Ryan Parry In Chanhassen, Minnesota and Emma Foster In Coachella Valley, California and Martin Gould In Chanhassen, Minnesota, For Dailymail.com

Prince’s former drug dealer has revealed the full extent of the late-star’s secret drug addiction - telling how the superstar was hooked on powerful opiates for over 25 years.

Speaking exclusively to Daily Mail Online, the performer’s long-time dealer - who asked to be named only as Doctor D - revealed the singer would spend up to $40,000 a time on six-month supplies of Dilaudid pills and Fentanyl patches - both highly addictive opioid pain killers.

Prince, who was found dead on Thursday at his home in Minneapolis, Minnesota just days after sources claimed he overdosed on the opiate Percocet, regularly bought drugs from Doctor D between 1984 and 2008.

The dealer, often to the stars, said the musician, who he described as ‘majorly addicted’, suffered crippling stage fright and could not get on stage and perform without the drugs - but had a phobia of doctors so could not obtain a prescription legally.

Tragically, Doctor D suggests it could have been a physician that unknowingly contributed to Prince's death - by prescribing strong pain killers to the singer for his hip condition without knowing the extent of his secret opiate addiction.

Continued here:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mer-drug-dealer-reveals-extent-addiction.html
  19. The Wrong Guy Member

Prince's inner circle 'to spill sex and drug secrets in explosive tell-all autobiography' | Mirror Online

Sources say the clique have been approached by several publishers - offering huge sums of cash for salacious details of Prince's last days

Prince's inner circle are set to spill the star's sex and drug secrets in a tell all autobiography, according to reports. Bodyguards and close friends are being approached by big name publishers, offering huge sums of cash for information on the star.

Prince, 57, who died on Thursday, was fiercely protective over his privacy and kept a close inner circle of trusting pals. Family now fear without Prince's presence some of the crew may betray his trust.

Bodyguard Wallace Safford, told Radar that he had been approached "several times" by Prince insiders who are eager to release a tell-all book about the real story of his rise to fame. "I've been asked to write a book several times about him," Safford told Radar. "But I refused to."

Continued here:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/princes-inner-circle-to-spill-7817123
  20. mojo Member

jeebus Jehovah's Witness religion also kills.
  21. mojo Member

yeah, you refused, but once the paycheck's over and bodyguard gigs dry up, well - you know rationalisation sets in. oh and greed.

22. Sloppy writing and editing.

It's not an autobiography if Prince isn't writing it. If it's being written with sources that aren't Prince - and after his death, no less - then it is just a plain biography.
  23. The Wrong Guy Member

24. Hoping to change the minds of some haters. (Ahem, RightOn)

He wrote a lot of songs that were sung or popularized by other singers. Regardless of his attitude or his own persona as a performer, he made great contributions as a songwriter. He co-wrote with Stevie Nicks on "Stand Back," and wrote "Manic Monday," The Bangles' single. Thirty years ago this week, Prince's "Kiss" was America's #1 single, and "Manic Monday" was #2.

The most notable song you might not have known he wrote is definitely "Nothing Compares 2 U," performed by Sinead O'Connor.

There are dozens more, and you can see the broad spectrum of artists to whom he contributed music and inspiration - Prince's fluid and frequent blending of musical genres allowed him to appeal to so many music lovers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...n-t-know-Prince-penned-gave-away-artists.html
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...1553/prince-songwriter-billboard-hot-100-hits
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat...s_even_when_his_name_wasn_t_on_the_songs.html
  25. RavenEyes Member

Like post ^^

Here's PRINCE singing Nothing Compares 2U - powerful!

Manic Monday was written for Apollonia6 originally, so it was sung as a duet of Prince/Apolonia as a demo.

THANK GOD HE CHANGED HIS MIND AND GAVE IT TO THE BANGLES INSTEAD!

Here's the Apollonia/Prince duet of Manic Monday....before The Bangles put their own touch on it. You can hear Prince's influence on it it more, but your ears will bleed because Apollonia sucks as a singer, the song was too draggy, and it wasn't a song for Prince to sing.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Random guy Member

Prince was like one of those modern artists I also don't consider hanging on my wall: He's good enough even I can see he's very good, it's just not my thing.

He had a great taste in good looking girls though.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Hedorah Global Moderator

Big hair and shoulder pads

Some of those with the fancy hair made some musiz

More on Prince and the stuff he did
  28. The Wrong Guy Member

Prince's Long-Standing Percocet Addiction | TMZ

Prince was addicted to Percocet for years before his death, TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources connected with the singer's family tell us, doctors prescribed the powerful painkiller in 2009 when he was suffering from hip problems. We're told he had corrective surgery sometime around 2010, but by then he was hooked on the drug.

Our sources say Prince developed a sometimes debilitating dependence on Percocet in the years that followed.

TMZ broke the story, Prince almost died from a Percocet OD 6 days before he was found dead in an elevator.

And as we reported, Prince made at least 4 trips to a Walgreens pharmacy near his home in the week leading up to his death.

We're told the feds are now investigating who prescribed the drug, who filled the prescriptions and under what circumstances.

https://www.tmz.com/2016/04/27/prince-percocet-addiction-doctors/

Prince Death Investigation Reportedly Enlists DEA | Vanity Fair

Two days after Prince's longtime lawyer dismissed drug-related rumors about his late client, federal law enforcement officials have confirmed that prescription painkillers were found in the Grammy winner’s Paisley Park home at the time of his sudden death.

NBC News broke the news on Wednesday, revealing that “the county sheriff investigating the death of Prince is asking for help from the Drug Enforcement Administration.” The DEA will be working to “determine such things as where the medications came from, and what prescriptions Prince had obtained.” (CBS also reports that Prince had prescription painkillers at his home in suburban Minneapolis, citing two law enforcement officials as sources.)

Although a four-hour autopsy was completed this past Friday, the medical examiner is withholding details about the cause of death for several weeks.

Continued here:
    http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/04/prince-death-drugs-dea
  29. JohnnyRUClear Member

As an 80s kid (teen, anyway), I remember him just seeming like a weird distraction from music I actually liked. Still, it was obvious that he had his own style and lots of it. Later, after I grew up and he wasn't in my face any more, I still didn't think much about him, but I heard he was surprisingly good on guitar (as videos posted ITT show). I'm just now learning about his prolific contributions to a wide range of other musicians. That's rare, and impressive.

It's sad that his life ended that way. Had he been healthier, it seems like we'd probably have gotten quite a bit more from him -- either on stage or in studios, for himself or for others -- before he hung it up for good. Take a lesson, kids: drugs really can kill you.

I'm going to try to remember his life, rather than his death. While his style was never my style, he did his thing with so much flair that it's hard not to smile and tip the proverbial hat regardless.

Goodnight, sweet Prince.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. Random guy Member

Quite

I guess his style was his own. He was a rather singular guy.
  31. DeathHamster Member

The King is dead. Prince is dead. What does this do to the secession?
  32. RightOn Member

This just in...
    Prince is still dead.
  33. Prince is still dead then? Thank fuck for that.
  34. RavenEyes Member

Oh, isn't that precious. You tried to make a joke.
  35. RightOn Member

yes a line stolen from the 'ol SNL days about Franco.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. RightOn Member

One example from Chevy:
    • Like Like x 1
  37. The Wrong Guy Member

Prince death investigation: Doctor saw Prince twice

The focal point of the investigation into Prince's death appeared to be shifting Wednesday to the role of a Minnesota doctor revealed in a search warrant to have seen the entertainer twice in the weeks before he died.

The search warrant, obtained by the Los Angeles Times and the Minneapolis Star Tribune, also reveals Dr. Michael Schulenberg went to Prince's Paisley Park studios on April 21, the day the musician died, apparently to deliver test results.

Investigators are interested in learning more about the relationship between Schulenberg and Prince, as well as members of the musician's inner circle, law enforcement officials told CNN on Wednesday.

Authorities said they have not found a valid prescription for opioid medication, either on Prince's person or at Paisley Park. The evidence found so far doesn't suggest that Prince was "doctor shopping" -- or seeking prescriptions from multiple doctors -- as has happened in other prominent celebrity deaths, law enforcement officials said previously.

Instead, investigators are focused on the possibility that so-called "drug runners" were obtaining the medications for Prince.

It's unclear whether the singer was being treated for any health issues. Results of the autopsy are pending.

Continued here:
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/11/entertainment/prince-investigation/

Warrant: Minnesota doctor saw Prince, prescribed drugs

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_PRINCE_DEATH?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Prince’s doctor wasn’t on federal list allowed to prescribe opioid en route to legend’s estate when he died

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ribe-opioid-en-route-estate-article-1.2633178
  38. JohnnyRUClear Member

Wait... people get drugs that the government says they aren't supposed to get??? How long has this been happening?