Customize

Press Release: Big List of Exes > 1000

Discussion in 'Translation and Text Composition Projects' started by AnonLover, Apr 22, 2010.

1. AnonLover Member

Press Release: Big List of Exes > 1000

Crossposting from original Big List of exes thread where this was put together last week after being worked on for many days and finalized 5 days ago, but no one knew how to get it to proper source for sending out to the motherload list.

so assuming that it got overlooked since it wasnt posted under the normal subforum where press releases normally get done, i'll just leave this here...

original thread: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/12-a...exes-who-have-spoken-out-65217/8/#post1228352

^^Final version EDITs no added.

i see everyone's fired up on the russia smackdown, but this is equally important to get sent out -- there's hueg amount of effort thats been put into the list of exes for all these months. whats the point of getting shi- done if the only pressers we send out nowadays are to spin out kneejerk bawwwwlll reactions?
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Press Release: Big List of Exes > 1000

Excellent, I would suggest:

"Their compelling stories emerge from numerous countries all around the world over decades." (or something like that)

This is a widespread, and enduring pattern of abuses.
  3. AnonLover Member

i agree with those ^^edits... but i'm not the one who contributed to original draft so I'll let the creative minds behind this confirm they liek it this way:

4. amaX Member

I fired if off to GAWKER tips with this paragraph added in between the first and second paragraphs of the original:

"This list includes Oscar winning director and screen writer Paul Haggis, actors Christopher Reeve and Jason Beghe, author William S. Burroughs, Ron (Hubbard) DeWolfe (L. Ron Hubbard's son who changed his last name), Jenna Miscavige Hill (niece of current leader of Scientology, David Miscavige), and a whole host of L. Ron Hubbard confidants including his second wife, one of his girlfriends, his personal auditor, his biographer, and his personal physician."

^^^Hoping the celeb angle will get them to pick it up.

I am ashamed to ask this and should know this info, but how do we contact Dawn Olsen? Is she still just Glosslip or is she working for someone else?
  5. Anonymous Member

Well, "This is a widespread, and enduring pattern of abuses" was my explanation of why we should add "over decades" ("spanning decades" is better, good call), it's probably extraneous to add the sentence in there, it's already stated in the previous paragraph. To avoid any confusion, here is what I think is right:

6. amaX Member

Add it yourself and find some way to release this. GOGOGOGOGO

We're flying blind here since none of the Anons who know how to release this stuff will give this BIG List a second look.

I'm waiting patiently for them to release the condemnation of Russia so I can try to follow a link to post a press release on the same site.

If you know of any good site to release this BIG List...post it here please.

People have worked diligently on this and it deserves to be released now.

Thanks.
  7. AnonLover Member

whoops - over indulged in copypasta i did... fixed my version above where the all important hyperlink is still intact
  8. RightOn Member

If this finally goes out I will feel SO much better, it's been dead since April 11th!
    Thanks you guise!!!!

BTW JohnnyRUclear was the one kind enough to write that press release
  9. AnonLover Member

the way it used to work, is that gregg had a mass mailer loaded up with motherload list of press contacts and once majority of peeps agreed it was done - he would blast it to everywhere under the sun.

we've seemed to have slacked off on doing 'em that way nowadays, but with the massive amount of hivemind effort that has gone into this project - here's hoping when the russia thang goes out / dies down, we can maybe get consideration for an enmasse blast liek we did back in the good ol days.
  10. RightOn Member

I PM'ed Gregg with a copy, never got an answer
  11. amaX Member

It's so hard to type when I have my fingers crossed for a bit of the good ole days to get this BIG List released...
  12. Anonymous Member

13. amaX Member

Thanks! I sent it to scoop in new zealand.
  14. Anonymous Member

From my understanding, Gregg still does this but it sometimes takes awhile because rumor has it that he has a life outside of chanology. I'd be patient, and maybe send him a message every few days. Just my 2 cents.
  15. AnonLover Member

ok good2know - thks. and even tho we had it buried already waiting for awhile nao, and i'm just as anxious to see this go out as others more directly involved,

suggest we wait for other current press release to run its course -

the russia ban smackdown has the maority of hivemind momentum right now. and two press releases @ same time does neither effort any good. russia is a timely issue, BigList is a issue that just keeps getting better the bigger the list gets.
  16. ElenaP Member

17. RightOn Member

18. amaX Member

19. ElenaP Member

Thanks!

You've seen the other posts?
  20. RightOn Member

Are you asking if we have seen other posts of the list hitting 1000?
    I have only seen one by Gianni Leone, but that was before the list hit 1000
    I hope it gets spread far and wide
  21. The Wrong Guy Member

22. ElenaP Member

I was actually asking about the blog's other posts.

But This press release you should put here on Why We Protest Press Release page. I checked and it's still not there. Just a reminder.. :)
  23. RightOn Member

does it have to go out first?
  24. grumpus Member

Looks like you guys have the release part covered.

As for this:

Dawn Olsen | Facebook

She's online now.
  25. Anonymous Member

Here is a list of free press release sites. Might want to post it there.

26. JohnnyRUClear Member

Ahem:

Before sending out a press release, make sure there isn't something dumb in it -- like "speaking out against the Scientology in highly-visible stories" (facepalm).

I wrote a press release, which then was committee'd into that press release. ;-) And I will share your better-feeling. It certainly deserves some attention, and IMO only good can come of it.
  27. AnonLover Member

/facepalm noted above fixed - what else Johnny?

28. Anonymous Member

"Most former members do not ever speak out against the church, largely due to this policy, but also due to being required to sign gag agreements as part of the process of leaving."

Scientology Gag Agreements - A Conspiracy for Silence
  29. The Wrong Guy Member

"Most former members do not ever speak out against the church, largely due to this policy, but also due to their having been required to sign gag agreements as part of the process of being allowed to leave."
  30. fisherman Member

AnonLover,

I just want to jump in and say that you've all written a superb press release to announce this stunning milestone! I hope you get this out asap!

BTW: I don't see any reason to delay putting this out. It will start to lose it's timeliness. I wouldn't worry too much about overlapping the Russian censorship press release. I'd think most media outlets would choose to run what they think will interest their readership, not what Anons think is timely or important. Both going out at once could even be self-reinforcing. I have a friend who's very good at PR and his approach is to send out everything possible, hoping something will stick. His attitude is that you just can't second guess the media or predict what will be appealing.

Anyway, kudos, ya'll did a fine job!
  31. TinyDancer Member

I've PM'd Right On to say gregg is expecting a PM of the final version of the release and he will send it out on Friday night.
  32. amaX Member

Cyber kill me if you want, but I tweaked it before sending it out to GAWKER. I guess you could call this the celeb edition. And I added "Knowledge is free".

More Than A 1,000 Former Church of Scientology Members Speak Out Against The Church

Over 1,000 former members of the Church of Scientology have spoken out publicly against what they considered their church, according to a list researched and compiled by Anonymous over the last year and announced on April 11th 2010.

The list includes Oscar winning director and screen writer Paul Haggis, actors Christopher Reeve and Jason Beghe, author William S. Burroughs, Ron (Hubbard) DeWolfe (Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard's son who changed his last name), Jenna Miscavige Hill (niece of current leader of Scientology, David Miscavige), and a whole host of L. Ron Hubbard confidants including his second wife, one of his girlfriends, his personal auditor, his biographer, and his personal physician.

The individuals on the list have spoken out under their real names against the abuses seen and experienced within the so-called church despite being subjected to Scientology's "Fair Game" policy, which gives members permission to destroy its critics. Most former members do not ever speak out against the church, largely due to this policy, but also due to their having been required to sign gag agreements as part of the process of being allowed to leave."

The stories told by these ex-members are similar to the revelations made recently by former members speaking out against Scientology in highly-visible stories in the New York Times, the St. Petersburg Times, and most recently, in a five-part series on CNN's Anderson Cooper 360. According to the Church of Scientology, these former members are "liars" and "apostates" with an agenda to destroy the church. The list is updated daily so it will be interesting to see how Scientology will try to convince people that everyone on the list is a liar and apostate.

The list contains many names of individuals who no longer practice Scientology as well as many others who do. What they have in common is that each of them has decided to step forward and tell the world what happened during their time within organized Scientology. While their backgrounds vary widely, their stories are similar and many themes run throughout: rigid control of information; enforced disconnection from loved ones who are critical of the group; zealous campaigns to squeeze money from members; physical and emotional abuse of children and adults; slave labor camps designed to reinforce indoctrination; and many other disturbing practices. The problem is not limited to any particular country. Their compelling stories emerge from numerous countries all around the world spanning decades.

Anonymous now celebrates the compilation and publication of an over 1,000-strong list of human voices no longer silenced, and never again alone. You can find the list online here: Former Church Of Scientology Members Who Have Spoken Out. Documentation is provided for each name included in the list.

All remaining victims or observers of abuse within organized Scientology are invited to speak out and add their names and their messages.

We hope that the courage shown by those named on this list empowers more people to come forward with their stories of abuse, and ultimately prevents such abuses from ever taking place again.

Since February 2008, Anonymous has protested the crimes and abuses of the "Church of Scientology" and its many front groups. These protests, as well as public awareness efforts like the Big List, will continue.

Knowledge is free
    We are Anonymous
    We are Legion
    We Do Not Forgive
    We Do Not Forget
    Expect Us.
  33. Anonymous Member

and you forgot that last addition mentioned 2 posts above yours
  34. amaX Member

I sent that off to GAWKER early Thursday afternoon before that post was made.

I'll add it for the sites I send it to later today.
  35. Anonymous Member

That is an awkward first line. Otherwise kick 'em all in the balls!
  36. Anonymous Member

37. The Wrong Guy Member

"More Than A 1,000" should be "More Than 1,000".

"More Than 1,000 Former Church OF Scientology Members Speak Out Against The Church" could be "More Than 1,000 Former Members Speak Out Against Scientology"
  38. Anonymous Member

Remind me why OF is entirely capitalized?
  39. rof Member

This has gotten so cerebral it's palsy.

Be sure to add ###1000 GET### at the bottom.
  40. AnonLover Member

<3<3<3 - thank u!

i agree - but not my doing... i just copypasta'd it from originating thread to a proper "press release" thread so it would get seen.