Customize

Press Release: Australian media exposes worldwide tax fraud by Church of Scientology

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by Anonymous, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: Press Release: Australian media exposes worldwide tax fraud by Church of Scientol

Media is (mostly) profit driven, and most media that is not, is still eyeballs driven. Cult tax issues aren't sexy. I'm not surprised there hasn't been much pick-up on this, but a press release to the big list might generate a bit more attention.
  2. anonsoldier Member

Re: Press Release: Australian media exposes worldwide tax fraud by Church of Scientol

Yeah, I still can't get over how awesome we are. God, we rule.
  3. Anonymous Member

Just wondering, maybe they paid corporation tax and these statements were intended to use later if they achieved charitable status so they could claim back tax. (We always said we were a charity give back tax now!).

In which case maybe the only scandal is they have being claiming to be a charity in Australian when they are not but because they didn't financially benefit from it then it isn't fraud. IANAL
  4. moose Member

Is there any info on the Dutch tax evasion in these dox?
  5. Anonymous Member

I think we have too many questions of our own right now to be issuing a press release.

We should keep in touch with Xenophon's office. The results of him pressing the issue will be interesting, and we should wait until then to add more to the story via press release.
  6. Goosh Goosh Member

maybe we could just poon the Man? i bet the IRS and certain people in the UK would find this interesting
  7. Anonymous Member

I think that we should inform the press by delivering what abc published and what we have. They have means to investigate and can ask Senator Xenophone and the Australian Government.
  8. Goosh Goosh Member

bump, i agree with this
  9. basil Member

A thought for ukfags.

Peter Hodkin, East Grinstead solicitor, scifag, issuer of "Cease and Desist" letters, and "holder of the UK copyright for Dianetics" clearly lists that it is "incorporated in australia as a non profit" or something similar like that in scifag paperwork.

On the reasonable assumption that he can't really claim he didn't know as you wouldn't take on a role that important without being sure about the fact surrounding it, does that in any way make him complicit in some form of international fraud and potentially professionally very damaging?
  10. Anonymous Member

I've sent 1 paragraph and links to the abc story to 2 UK papers yesterday. (This should story have been sent out everywhere yesterday - not still being discussed today - it's becoming out of date).
  11. JohnnyRUClear Member

The PBT hearings should keep the COSRECI business warm for a while yet, I would expect. News stories can cover both quite easily, and newsies probably would prefer to have both to include in one story. Makes for more chewy insides as well as tastier headlines.
  12. Goosh Goosh Member

anyone tried feeding this to the associated press?
  13. Smurf Member

14. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Necromancy noted
  15. THANK GOD YOU TOLD US THAT YOU NOTED IT!!!!!