Customize

Press Release: Anon condemns Russia's banning of Scientology books

Discussion in 'Translation and Text Composition Projects' started by Anonymous, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Hicks Member

Re: Press Release: Anon condemns Russia's banning of Scientology books

I for one am glad that gurgg saw the light.
  2. fisherman Member

TinyDancer,

Can you pull it off the wiki and PM to Gregg? I put it up on the wiki and would be happy to PM it, but I don't know Greg. There's a user name for "gregg" and "gregg carson" but I don't know who you're referring to. The PR is here:

"Don't Ban Books" - Anonymous Condemns Russian Censorship - Why We Protest Wiki
  3. Anonymous Member

The one you want is plain "gregg"
  4. fisherman Member

"Gertrude" has been sent to Gregg for distribution. if anyone else wants to send it as back-up, please use the final copy posted to the wiki here:

"Don't Ban Books" - Anonymous Condemns Russian Censorship - Why We Protest Wiki

Thanks to everyone who helped on this!

Here is a copy of the press release, final edit, "Gertrude" v2.4

5. fisherman Member

After working with this today, it really sunk in that this is the only viable position for Anonymous to take. COS would have a field day with Anonymous backing the Russian ban. I know that's already been said, but for me, it really "hit home" just a few minutes ago.

Again, kudos to everyone!
  6. Re: Press Release: Anon condemns Russia's banning of Scientology books

As long as we stay with truth, justice and the lulzy way, wecanno go rong.
  7. Anonymous Member

I've seen the reference to the banning of materials

We often refer to these materials in the form of books, other media, etc.

However, dianetics has misleading health information, (false claims of healing) - does that not make the book a threat to public health, and in addition, aren't most of the cults materials composed of confusion and propaganda anyway?
  8. fisherman Member

9. Anonymous Member

Great work anons
  10. failboat Member

cf. jesus's miraculous healings in the bible, new testament; along with whomever is in charge of the Vatican's press, who is very busy lately.

i chose the x-tians b/c i know the most about them. but i'm sure you could make similar comparisons to all the religions.

[IMG]
  11. Anonymous Member

this is just pedantry. we're under no obligation to use the full legal name of the specific organisation concerned.

if we were then the correct version would be 'Church of Scientology Religious Education College Incorporated' (or whichever of the many Scilon corporate bodies actually published the books that have been banned in russia)

it sounds better, for our purposes, not to call them a church, because we claim they are not a church.

for exactly the same reason that I didn't want to refer to Hubbard's 'teachings'.

Prophets have teachings; Scientology has bullshit.
  12. Anonymous Member

you're absolutely right. we'd be mental to support the ban.

thanks to you, fisherman, for making sure this actually went somewhere in the end.

big hugs, affectionate bumfucking (with an Anon condom of course).

eng_condoms_BM_Baye_781392g.jpg

so gregg has this now and it's going out to the press?

for followup, how about we implement Anon's idea of uploading the banned materials to wikileaks?
  13. Hicks Member

Anyone has a list of what books were banned exactly?
  14. fisherman Member

I'll just take the simple, "thank you" ;)

And,,thank you :)
  15. ObamAnon Member

I would like to see this list as well, with references to the specific passages the Russians found offensive.
  16. Anonymous Member

Scientology Writings Banned as Extremist | News | The Moscow Times
  17. Anonymous Member

I'm harpooning this press release, anonymously of course. More like this I'll move over to ESMB! LRH of course is an extremist. The US constitution do not protect advocating to murder 2% of the population. Stop messing other nation's laws. Send helicopter gun ships as in Iraq?
  18. Anonymous Member

you're assuming we're all American - that's not the case.
  19. Anonymous Member

Those not under the influence of the US constitution should have excuses to ban it long ago. I'm not saying to ban it, but there should be limits and LRH probably crossed the line.
  20. AnonKat Member

Ban the practices not the books
  21. WagTheWog Member

AnonyNews voices for video version of press release is Win Idea.

To all that made this come together: Fantastic job guise!
  22. timthephoto Member

supporting russia's ban would be hypocritical for 2 reasons

1 we have been publishing the works of L Ron Hubbard throughout Chanology

1a we wouldn't be able to publish the insanity if it was banned as "terrorist/subversive"

2 we hate censorship in any form, it's a slippery slope and people who's job it would be to censor stuff would go round making excuses to ban stuff and keep adding to that list - continually justifying their job/salary
  23. Re: Press Release: Anon condemns Russia's banning of Scientology books

These are two ways in which Scientology might ultimately be destroyed.

First way is to ban the organization and its practices and/or materials.

The second way is the education of the public so they are aware of the devious practices.

We are using the second method and it is working well. Without new recruits and those members who wish to leave looking at this education and leaving, Scientology's power is dwindling and will continue to do so.

The main objective in the game is to get as many Scientologists to see the light of the deception for themselves. We have to assume many are unhappy and see the hypocrisy sooner or later, especially with the amount of paranoia the organization runs on and the fact that it just doesn't work.

LRH knew his Scientology would be banned for the con it is and so he has a process which says Scientology will be banned, so it reaffirms the "source" We cannot. I repeat cannot play this game as LRH intended. If we do then we give him credence. This is the biggest mistake of an ex. They become what Scientology does not like and they feed the machine in doing so.

Anonymous is the antithesis of Scientology. It propagates, it diversifies, It cannot be controlled.

The more we do not play the game by their rules, the more a scientologist will see the discrepancy and the more the "source" get's it wrong. This will set up a window of doubt which we have seen many on the internet doing and leaving once they are educating themselves. For anyone leaving Scientology it is a process.

On the street level, we are seeing that Scientolgists are already having a hard time coping with anon being an internet hate group. I can attest that all Scientologists i have spoken too have justified the existence of anon differently than their controllers are saying on the websites because we are not behaving like the controllers are predicting. This is setting up a doubt condition. However, the justification is that we are being controlled by the psyches so we still have a long way to go. By going against this ban which the Scientologists will be told is being run by the psyches as predicted by "source" we circumnavigate that part of the brainwashing and they will more likely use their free will to come to us for information as a result.

We are starting to see a new kind of ex. One who is fairly quickly working it out for themselves and less fucked up or moonbatty from the process. These people have information on criminal activities that are still current and aid us even more.

Education and the truth are on our side and these are the only tools we really need.
  24. WagTheWog Member

FWIW: I added press release links to:
    1- ExScientologyKids.com
    2- IMDB's Tom Cruise Message Board
  25. WagTheWog Member

Well done Sir . . . well done.
  26. Vir Member

Allow me to quote this paragraph a second time - I feel it's pretty important.

On the other hand, I think it's also a win if we ironically reinforce the belief that we're paid by the pharmaceutical industry, for cognitive dissonance which will help in waking people up - and, well, it's funny. We are actually paid by the Illuminati, by the way.
  27. theLastAnon Member

It's not just books, but audio lectures and videos too.

Cross-posting from the other thread:

Listened to some of the lectures from "The Factors" last night and haven't found anything particularly damning yet....crazy, yes. Having someone drive nails through my balls would be less painful than listening to this shit...
  28. fisherman Member

Isupeoned,

Very well said! Thank-you!
  29. grumpus Member

Good stuff.
  30. timthephoto Member

i tried listening to the Technique 88 lectures, Hubbard droning voice is highly hypnotic and i was quickly asleep. horrible man
  31. AnonKat Member

THIS (could well be a video text) As a matter of fact Make a few changes Direct it to the Church and you have a video text
  32. Anonymous Member

The books ARE the fucking practices.
  33. themadhair Member

Not really. The bible can be used for a Waco or for a UU fest. The group element is where the abuse comes from and where it lies.
  34. AnonKat Member

You have the freedom to write a bunch of crap as I do. Forbidding books is Facism
  35. Anonymous Member

Education, truth wonderful.

Some countries are using other methods and they are streets ahead. There is nothing about Scientology that we need to protect or be tolerant of.

I love you suckers, you're the best but you have been trolled.[/color="red"]
  36. CarterUSP Member

Wise isupeonedDavidmiscaviage is wise. Wise like WBM.
    I salute you!
  37. Anonymous Member

The Russians are Fascists?
  38. Anonymous Member

Yes
  39. none given Member

Oh. hai
    ng here (no caps, not a proper name)
    For those who dont know me (and that's everyone) I am so OG the channers haet me and so anon the OG haet me.
    that said, I APPROVE OF THIS THREAD.
    write the fukkin press release.

That is all.
  40. potrezebie Member

It is amazing to be able to do the right thing and have it be so lulzy at the same time.

Some good commentary in this thread!

Making it illegal will only drive it underground and feed into the persecution complex that most cults need to justify their existence and validate their worldview. Look at N Gaiman's comment about siding with 'properly persecuted' religions. Victimhood pulls 'em in and keeps 'em there. It also generates sympathy in people on the outside who don't know the whole score and think, awww, they're picking on those poor nutty scientologists again.

Making L Ron's works highly accessible and freely available will go a long way to allowing them to attract the attentions they so richly deserve. Information does seem to want to be free; it is joyful work to help it along! ;) FWIW, I approve of this release.