Customize

PR Re: Freedom Magazine - Collaboration Thread

Discussion in 'Translation and Text Composition Projects' started by Anonynamefag, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: PR Re: Freedom Magazine - Collaboration Thread

This first report triggered a huge backlash from Scientology. In an attempt to destroy the credibility of those who spoke out, the Church provided the St. Petersburg Times

Sounds wierd
  2. Anonymous Member

Scientology admits violence in management, blames "Kingpin" and "Adulteress" as more ex-members speak out

I think that is a good one
  3. Anonymous Member

Shorter:

Scientology admits violence in management, blames "Kingpin" and "Adulteress"
  4. Anonymous Member

Scientology admits violence in management, puts blame on "Kingpin"

(because "Adulteress" wasn't blamed for being violent herself)
  5. Vir Member

Scientology admits violence in management, blames "Kingpin" as more speak out
  6. Anonynamefag Member

Think it's ready to hit the big list now?
  7. Anonymous Member

Raising press release signal.

2gv2bya.jpg
  8. gregg Member

Out the door it goes.
  9. Anonymous Member

Now word-clear "Kingpin"

Oh, OK so they are in a roundabout way saying that Scientology is going to fail unless Rathbun comes back in?
    They introduce him as the kingpin of the St. Petersburg Times articles, but still, that's how it coud be read.
  10. Anonynamefag Member

I fucking lol'd.
  11. PagAnon Member

so is this ready to fly or what?
  12. Anonymous Member

It has already flown.
  13. PagAnon Member

ok kool I better get to posting then. maybe even make a flier of this or something.
  14. Anonymous Member

I think someone is working for Rinder and had his name and reference removed from the press release. In two or more places it refers to "four top execs" and only three codenames are mentioned and only Rathbun is addressed.

Why leave off "Fact Checker" or mention of Rinder??
  15. Anonynamefag Member

16. Anonymous Member

Because "Fact Checker" is not an obviously insulting moniker and it's a press release, not a fucking novel. (Even "Kingpin" probably should not have been mentioned in the title, as the text gives no indication of who exactly that is, but too late for that now.) In other news, your tinfoil hat is crooked.
  17. Ogsonofgroo Member

The simple fact that any organisation would attempt a rebuttal of this magnitude without named sources, use 'testimonies from 'happy members' without names/sources, uses nicknames and people's homes all without names, uses provably skewed stats, and takes frikken 80 pages to do so, makes the whole thing seem like such an act of out-of-touch-with-reality desperation that I think it near speaks for itself.
    Where is the big leader in all this? Why couldn't the little psychopath write a blurb? Has the Wee One even addressed his troops since this has taken place?
    The mass mailing of this giant piece of amaturish drivel to the general Wog world cannot possibly put Scientology in a better light, but instead will get many who were previously in the 'I don't care' mode of thought, now look into what its all about.
    Good work CoS PR machine!
    Its almost like, um, like, the scilon staff torpedoed the whole thing on purpose to make something they knew was crap look even crappier. No doubt either Tommeh D. or Psycho-Dwarf had the last edits/say in the pathetic waste of paper, which ta me makes it even funnier.

I have yet to see a comment on any of the sites that are covering this foot-nuke Freedum Mag pile 'o' poo where somebody says 'Oh wow is this ever an insightful and well done article.' It ain't gonna happen, you'd either have to be semi-retarded, a scilon, or both imho.

Shit storm PR spin-cyclon continues *passes out umbrellas* XP

Evening blather done, time fer Hell's Kitchen :D

:)
  18. Anonynamefag Member

Anyone pick it up yet?
  19. Sponge Member

20. Anonynamefag Member

21. Anonymous Member

22. Anonynamefag Member

23. Anonymous Member

24. Anonymous Member

25. Anonymous Member

26. PagAnon Member

yeah sorry about this guys. When I posted it, it had all of the links to the sites but not that I view it I don't see them. I'll try to figure out what's wrong and try to correct this.

UPDATE: fixed. added the links to the sites in a comment as I couldn't go in to edit the post itself. Just as well I haven't seen a link to the article at current.com so here it is:

http://current.com/items/90607501_scientology-admits-violence-in-management-blames-kingpin-as-more-speak-out.htm
  27. PagAnon Member

28. Anonymous Member

29. Re: PR Re: Freedom Magazine - Collaboration Thread

I found a small bit of win. That "Pants on Fire" flaming needle graphic from page 68 does not belong to them. I found it at PolitiFact | Statements we say are Pants on Fire! It appears to be one of a collection of meters that are used to gauge the truthiness of various politicians and their utterances. They appear to have used frame number eight of 13.

Sauce: Politifact.com is run by.... <Drumroll> The St. Petersburg Times! PolitiFact | About PolitiFact

The most ethical people on the planet. So vigilant about the copyright laws when it applies to their own material, but such hypocrites when it comes to reusing the work of others without permission.

Update: I think they just used their OT powers to try and kill me. Fortunately, my V mask deflected their postulates and it just had the effect of making one of my oranges in the fruit bowl prematurely moldy. Evil Scientologists, I was looking forward to that.