Customize

PR Director of Scientology’s Las Vegas C.C. Arrested in Plot to Assassinate a Cop

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Anonymous, Aug 23, 2013.

1. That's certainly possible considering her age and a lack of access to concealers behind bars, but when it's a case of age-related dark circles, isn't it usually under both eyes?
  2. firebug Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

Looks like leftover makeup and age to me.
  4. firebug Member

A different angle. Doesn't look like a black eye to me

628x471.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. We'll have to wait and see. It's bound to come out in the hearing if it's anything besides an age related dark circle in one eye.
  6. Anonymous Member

Working on the shore story are we?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Malory Member

I thought I could feel a blast of schadenfreude coming from the direction of Vegas today :D
    • Like Like x 10
  8. Go with they force fed her.
    It's better then non-existent black eye.
  9. Anonymous Member

I don't know if she is guilty or innocent, but a Medicare granny building a dungeon in her home in hopes of capturing a random police officer for torture sessions or worse, has to be on the outmost fringes of credulity.
    • Like Like x 7
  10. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 7
  11. Right, I'm totally OSA. Try reading back a few posts, sparky.

That may be apt and I certainly wasn't trying to suggest a case of police brutality, as that's something she'd have likely mentioned in her jailhouse interview had it occurred.
  12. Anonymous Member

I love it when you call me pet names. It makes me hot.

Call me "Daddy"
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Are you getting all Cat Daddy/KKS with me?
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. The Wrong Guy Member

Odd News

Scientology PR rep arrested in plot to kidnap, kill cop

Devon Campbell Newman, Scientology PR director, arrested in plot to kidnap, kill random Las Vegas cop.

By Kristen Butler, United Press International

Las Vegas police have arrested a man and a woman in connection with a crazy plot to kidnap, jail, try and execute a random police officer.

The plot was allegedly driven by right-wing "Sovereign Citizen" beliefs. Growing since the late 2000s, the Sovereign Citizen movement is largely made up of people who do not believe in following U.S. laws or paying taxes and have a particular dislike for law enforcement.

Devon Campbell Newman, 67, became the public relations director of Scientology’s “Celebrity Center” in Las Vegas, Nevada, in 2010. Her alleged partner in crime is 42-year-old David Allen Brutsche, a registered sex offender and six-time felon.

Continued at
    www.upi.com/Odd_News/Blog/2013/08/23/Scientology-PR-rep-arrested-in-plot-to-kidnap-kill-cop/4021377283197/
    • Like Like x 9
  15. Anonymous Member

UPI. Nice.
    upi_logo.png
    • Like Like x 3
  16. And shitty nutrition and lack of sleep. As an oldfag you learn quickly that minor things make a huge differnce.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Anonymous Member

Question for the media to ask: Is "Reverend Devon Newman" in fact an ordained Minister of the Church of Scientology? If not, why did the Church of Scientology make a representation she was a "Reverend" of the Church?

newman-reverend-png.209025.png
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Anonymous Member

Because people frequently buy houses for killing a cop when they are only joking.

• Like Like x 8
  19. Anonymous Member

Tony Ortega Update from Karen Karen de la Carriere
    http://tonyortega.org/2013/08/23/pr...center-arrested-in-plot-to-assassinate-a-cop/

Excerpts:
    • Like Like x 8
  20. Anonymous Member

Oh really?
    • Like Like x 1
  21. The Wrong Guy Member

'Sovereign Citizens' Arrested in Las Vegas Are A Sex Offender And A Scientologist | LAist

Two people arrested Tuesday night over a plot to kidnap and kill law enforcement officers in the Las Vegas area have ties to California, according to NBC Los Angeles.

David Allen Brutsche, 42, along with his roommate, Devon Campbell Newman, 67, were arrested after a months-long investigation by Las Vegas police. They are believed to be a part of the "Sovereign Citizen" movement, which espouses anti-government and anti-taxation beliefs.

According to NBC 4, Brutsche was convicted in 1993 of molesting a child and in 2001 of indecent exposure. Both incidents happened in Santa Clara County, in Northern California. Additionally, in 2009 Brutsche was arrested after a six-hour standoff that began when he would not come out of his trailer to be arrested for failing to register as a sex offender, according to NBC Bay Area.

Continued at
    http://laist.com/2013/08/23/sovereign_citizen_arrested_in_las_v.php
    • Like Like x 4
  22. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  23. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  24. Anonymous Member

No one hit her, she just believed that she didn't have to obey the law of gravity.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Anonymous Member

LOL!!
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Truth will always be stranger than fiction when it involves scientology

Needs moar reports!

crazyclams_zps57f97b4c.jpg
    • Like Like x 5
  27. Anonymous Member

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...nter-Arrested!&p=837459&viewfull=1#post837459

• Like Like x 2
  28. anon walker Moderator

You mean if we said, "Hey, let's go drive stupid until we get pulled over and then kidnap the cop and lock him up in a house and then try him and execute him," You wouldn't really jump all over that like I'd said "Let's get some beer and go down to the river?"
    • Like Like x 5
  29. The Internet Member

Woah, attempted murder. Srs. Must know more.
  30. anon walker Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  31. Anonymous Member

DM must love this headline and association:

LAist: 'Sovereign Citizens' Arrested in Las Vegas Are A Sex Offender And A Scientologist
    http://laist.com/2013/08/23/sovereign_citizen_arrested_in_las_v.php

Excerpt:
    • Like Like x 4
  32. Anonymous Member

Not sure "plotting" and "attempted" murder are the same thing. Anyway, am loving the lulz. Loving it.
    • Like Like x 3
  33. Django Member

You know, when you're trying to reach out to celebrities, your best shot is pretty much always a 67 year old granny type with a shithouse crazy political philosophy.

How was this woman NOT a Squirrel-Buster?

It strikes me, David Miscavige, that you're really, just...beyond scraping the bottom of the barrel. You're starting to eat the barrel. Speaking for myself, I gotta say that what was once anger at your contemptuous, malevolent machinations has turned to a derisive, almost piteous disdain. I'm not saying that watching your downfall in magnificent mid-flight isn't tremendous fun, just that, well, let's just say that....

Congratulations! You're finally a Religious Leader!

Because your defeat is gonna be Biblical.....
    • Like Like x 10
  34. Nancy Beazley Member

I got a question -- how does a 42-year old guy get to live in a senior citizen apartment? Those places usually have rules that prevent anyone younger than 50 from living there.

This is one helluva strange couple -- a 67-year-old ex-SO Scientologist staffer in Vegas and a child sex molester who sounds like he's one con away from living on the street.

WTF? There's gotta be an interesting story there.
    • Like Like x 3
  35. Anonymous Member

They aren't. According to the news reports ^^^^^, they are charged with both "attempted murder" and "conspiracy to commit murder".
    • Like Like x 1
  36. wolfbane Member

This is possibly the juiciest shit to hit the Scientology court reporting scene since Rex Fowler.

Fuck regular popcorn, I'm stockpiling a case of crackerjacks.
    • Like Like x 9
  37. Anonymous Member

Smurf does his thing.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...ested!&p=837432&viewfull=1#post837432
    • Like Like x 4
  38. DeathHamster Member

Entity Name: PHI-TEK, LLC
    Entity Number: 199533410029
    Date Filed: 11/30/1995
    Jurisdiction: CALIFORNIA
    Entity Address: 1442 N. AVENUE 57
    Entity City, State, Zip: LOS ANGELES CA 90042