Customize

PR Director of Scientology’s Las Vegas C.C. Arrested in Plot to Assassinate a Cop

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Anonymous, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Anonymous Member

Tony O...

PR Director of Scientology’s Las Vegas Celebrity Center Arrested in Plot to Assassinate a Cop

Devon Campbell Newman, 67, became the public relations director of Scientology’s “Celebrity Center” in Las Vegas, Nevada early in 2010 and has remained in that position to the present day — that’s according to her own LinkedIn profile as well as numerous online records of her activities as a Scientologist.

This week, she became known for something else. As a result of a police investigation that began in April, on Tuesday Newman and a six-time felon and registered sex offender named David Allen Brutsche, 42, were arrested for planning what police are calling a bizarre plot to kidnap and kill a random local police officer in a macabre publicity stunt to promote their “sovereign citizen” views.

Continue reading PR Director of Scientology’s Las Vegas Celebrity Center Arrested in Plot to Assassinate a Cop
    • Like Like x 11
  2. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. Anonymous Member

"Both had expressed a deep-seated hatred for law enforcement officers and planned to kidnap a police officer from a traffic stop, according to the report. They planned to place the officer in a makeshift jail and try the officer in a sovereign court of law for treason and civil rights violations. The officer would be convicted and then executed."

here that LAPD?
    Hemet, and Riverside Cops?
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Anonymous Member

5. RightOn Member

oh my
    maybe they were setting up their own little cult because they know the COS is going down the dumper
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

John P. explains the Sovereign Citizen movement :

• Like Like x 4
  7. Anonymous Member

The feds / general public / media: "What's really going on over there at the Church of Scientology?"
  8. Random guy Member

Sooo, we have gold-nuts, gun-nuts extreme survivalists who believe in legal mumbo-jumbo, why am I not surprised some of them are also scientologists?
    • Like Like x 4
  9. sallysock Member

So they are "separatists?" The cult is always saying lying that one can be a Catholic/Baptist/Etc and be a scilon.
    One can be a separatist and a scilon too?
    No, but apparently yes. Very confusing.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. DeathHamster Member

That's one hell of a PR job!

Did she have a cookie-cutter page? I bet it's gone now. Heck, they're probably culling her PC folder, if they haven't just pulped it. "She just took a couple courses, and wasn't really a Scientologist."
    • Like Like x 6
  11. Anonymous Member

Scientologists on the whole seem to be strongly inclined to believe conspiracy junk
    • Like Like x 4
  12. AnyOldName Member

• Like Like x 9
  13. Anonymous Member

Crossposted comment from esmb: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...ology%92s-Las-Vegas-Celebrity-Center-Arrested!
    Re: PR Director of Scientology’s Las Vegas Celebrity Center Arrested!

I knew her when she was in the Sea Org at AOLA and later saw she'd been recruited for staff at Las Vegas. She is nuts. I do believe this could have occurred, although I have to say I'd have a hard time believing anyone would do such a stupid thing.
    • Like Like x 3
  14. AnyOldName Member

• Like Like x 4
  15. Anonymous Member

TonyOrtega
    3 minutes ago
    Post updated with new information: We have a source which says Newman was in Sea Org in LA before becoming PR director in Las Vegas.
    • Like Like x 4
  16. AnyOldName Member

• Like Like x 3
  17. The Internet Member

The Scientologists did invade the anti-tax tribe in the square states years ago --John Birchers and their offshoots. So I am not surprised.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. This is not exactly a footbullet but something they pulled in, or is it the frosting on the caek /
    • Like Like x 2
  19. BigBeard Member

Sounds like she's trying to take Blubbard's "$cilon's will say what's legal" BS to the extreme.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 4
  20. The Internet Member

In that case, I wonder which is cat and which is mouse.

On the surface it appears the police were on the hunt. But it's possible Scientology knew all about the under cover operation against them.

Well good luck, Nevada. I hope your case is air tight. Otherwise we will be stuck with Devon Newman on the talk show circuit stirring up outrage against "the gubment." It will be like what-is-the-plan and Op Wallstreet, but with more crazy and more guns.
    • Like Like x 3
  21. sallysock Member

• Like Like x 7
    • Like Like x 6
  22. AnyOldName Member

This is getting more and more bizarre by the minute!
    • Like Like x 3
  23. Good grief.
    I wonder how many others share the sovereign citizens beliefs in the cult?
    There's a video on youtube of two cops being shot dead doing a traffic stop by a leader of the SC.
    They are dangerous fuckers.
  24. David Miscavige under TRO in Texas?
    Las Vegas OSA bitch under investigation for conspiracy to Murder One?

There'll be some drinkin' at my house this weekend. Y'all come, now ;)
  25. To Scientologists, no matter how much glad-handing they do with politicos, all governments are considered suppressive. From that ideological place to Sovereign Citizenry is not a far hop... don't forget:

"Your self-determinism and your honor are more important than your immediate life"
    "Your integrity to yourself is more important than your body"
    "Never fear to hurt another in a just cause."

xXx
  26. Anonymous Member

Caturday is tomorow

tumblr_mr7ongOlIT1swxmcro1_400.gif
    • Like Like x 3
  27. Soon, everyone will know.
  28. anonamus Member

Very nice scilons. Another PR flap to your collection.
    WIN! WIN! WIN! WIN! WIN!
    • Like Like x 5
  29. AnyOldName Member

By your own PR Director at Celebrity Center - Las Vegas!

Delicious.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. Anonymous Member

The scilons want to BE the government.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Anonymous Member

"We are the ones who own the planet!" L. Ron Hubbard, 1968, lecturing on the Class 8 course

"The planet is ours!" L. Ron Hubbard, 1973, HCOB introducing the Introspection RD, which, for the first time in the universe, cures psychosis, makes possible the eradication of psychiatry, and ensures that Earth will become the first Scientology planet!
    • Like Like x 3
  32. I'd storm GoldBase solo before I allowed that^ to happen.
  33. Anonymous Member

34. Anonymous Member

http://news.yahoo.com/police-vegas-plot-kill-officers-thwarted-081714555.html

quote from article "Brutsche 42, an ex-con child sex offender from California"

Were there is one sex offender, there are others. We have another thread here about a pedo in atlanta. How many scilon pedos are there? If they are so evil as to murder polce, what other crimes did he plan?
    We should really start documenting know scilon sex offenders, not just for the pr black eye, but because scilons have a known history of moving criminals around.
    • Like Like x 5
  35. Quentinanon Member

"Never fear to hurt another in a just cause." L. Ron Hubbard
    • Like Like x 4
  36. From the "code of honor"i might ad
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Anonymous Member

I wonder if this guy was recruited thru criminon,
    • Like Like x 2
  38. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 9
  39. RightOn Member