Customize

Potential YouTube Situation! Possible "Must Read" Could be important...

Discussion in 'Freedom of Expression' started by RSK, Dec 20, 2008.

1. RSK Member

Potential YouTube Situation! Possible "Must Read" Could be important...

Hai Gais,

I was just browsing /b/ and happened upon a thread that could prove to be problematice (to some extent) to us.

Also, I hope that after reading this post you do NOT implement this technique as it would be wrong and completely unfair and against the Scio's freedom of speech.

Having said all that, here is the situation I just happened upon. I don't know if the OP of that post is suggesting information that would work or not but I thought that I'd put it here in /gd/ for general discussion.

[IMG]

Also, here is the copypasta from the thread on /b/ just in case the image screencap doesn't work for some reason.

2. Masanon Member

Re: Potential YouTube Situation! Possible "Must Read" Could be important...

Ohhh shiiitttt.

Problem is, how many scilon accounts are we really worried about?
  3. Erra Member

Something smells like shitstorm

not sure if want
  4. RSK Member

Well, we should worry about our channels at least to some degree. I don't think /b/ has a target or a channel email addie just yet.

I wanted to get this info out before any shit hits any fans. Also, the idea that was proposed is an interesting one and obviously for educational purposes only.

Cheers,
    Rob
  5. RSK Member

The following link won't last for long as it links directly to the thread on /b/ about this whole thing so explore and archive while it lasts.

As I already said, this is a very temporary ling:
    Edit: Thread 404'd so I'm replacing the link with a kinda crappy b&w screencap.
    [IMG]

Cheers,
    Rob

Edit: I don't know how valid the suggested type of raid actually is and it's entirely possible that it won't work and we have nothing to worry about. However I wanted everyone to be aware that there is potential shit storm brewing.
  6. Re: Potential YouTube Situation! Possible "Must Read" Could be important...

sounds fucking lulzy.
  7. RSK Member

That it does. Still waiting on confirmation on whether or not this works. If it works we need to be carefull not to give out info email info on Anon YT channels.
  8. blank Member

That's clever.
  9. Erra Member

10. RSK Member

/b/ is confirming that malicious YouTube freezer code, which was posted in said thread, works.

Still don't know if the OP YT email trick works for getting accounts b&.
  11. Masanon Member

Anonymous 12/21/08(Sun)01:17:41 No.104238013

FAIL, YOU NEED TO CONFIRM EMAIL

This man sounds like he has truth.
  12. RSK Member

Like I said, I don't know if this will or won't work but /b/ is claiming that the code posted in the thread does in fact work.

Don't know enough about coding to verify one way or the other.

Cheers,
    Rob
  13. RSK Member

Can anyone confirm or refute whether or not this proposed YT banning trick works or not?

If this thing does work many newfag and maybe even some oldfag YT accounts might be in danger. It would be really good to know if we have anything to worry about.
  14. Masanon Member

For anyone who wants to test: Switch your YT account email address to another email address you own and see if there's a confirmation.
  15. T.W.C_Anon Member

They would have to know the email address you used to create the account. The user information doesn't show the email address.
  16. Erra Member

It would be pure luck if you could actually pull this off

Though I will confirm that the script in that thread is good as gold.

Pasted in the remote section of the scripts editor in mIRC.

What it does is tries to login to the target account repeatedly with a wrong password. This locks the account from being logged into legitimately, since youtube makes you wait awhile if you have too many failed logins. So if you keep it on, the person just won't be able to login to their account.

Just did it to my account. I can't login for awhile now.

Though if the user is logged in to youtube via cookie (stays logged in) then this trick won't work.

Pretty neat though.
  17. T.W.C_Anon Member

<evil grin>

Protip: Doing this enough will probably get abuse complaints sent from youtube to your host/provider. Use the internets wisely :D
  18. RSK Member

That is an entertaining little script in that case. I wasn't about to run it as I don't know anything about coding and running a mysterious bit of code from /b/ is kinda stupid as one could potentially an hero their computer.

I accidently the whole computer, is this bad?

Anyway, I saved the script to ad to my collection of strange and unusual scripts.

I would suggest that we DO not use this script on any Sci accounts since they might be uploading new videos about TC's new movie.

Cheers,
    Rob
  19. mrfyde Member

It would be funny if one of the scilons accidentally gave out a secret e-mail account when he thought he was namefagging an anon yesterday - and that anon posted the guys e-mail on the internet. But I don't know anything that happened like that yesterday.
  20. RSK Member

Well, we'll see what happens. This could be interesting or end up being fail.

I posted this info so that Chanology doesn't get caught with it's pants down in case /b/ decides to go after Chanology YT channels.

Cheers,
    Rob
  21. Erra Member

You're a good man RSK, but I doubt anything will come of this specific maneuver. Its validity is both untested and unplausible and its not simple enough for /b/ to do en masse, which is how raids work coming from the chans.

That script is really something though.
  22. mrfyde Member

I know I was just saying that SOMEONE might think it was all lulz and stuff.
  23. RSK Member

Oh I agree, in that hypothetical situation it would be nothing but pure lulz.

Naturally no one shoud attempt to DO any such things as it would be bad. M'kay?
  24. RSK Member

Yeah, I know and you're probably right. You know the old saying though, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Also lulz. ;)