Customize

POSTGAME - Chicago - May 8th, 2010

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by Strong Strength, May 9, 2010.

1. POSTGAME - Chicago - May 8th, 2010

Was way fun. New people were great! I'm in a hurry, so I'm just going to blow through here with a few pictures for now:

2viinth.jpg

View attachment 30a7upk.jpg

View attachment ftecur.jpg

^ Boba Fett's little helmet antenna thing could be moved up and down. (Most helpful when placed over the eye, for scanning power levels.)

jgntpt.jpg

5pq3br.jpg

20j0j1c.jpg

View attachment rkwvbb.jpg

View attachment j661x2.jpg

View attachment jt3x20.jpg

View attachment k2oepz.jpg

I'll come back later tonight and see if I can share some more pictures and a few anecdotes. I hope to make a video of all this stuff at some point too.
  2. amaX Member

Re: POSTGAME - Chicago - May 8th, 2010

<3
  3. Rockyj Member

I love the signs (want one) & the Banana Anon!
  4. xenubarb Member

NOICE!
  5. auchraw Member

Way to go.
  6. Ann O'Nymous Member

Nice. Posters. Pictures.
  7. AIN Member

Bananon, you have much win.
    All in favor of naming Bananon that, please vote nao
  8. webkilla Member

its good anons like you who bring warmth to my heart and blood to my erection.

good show! Love the lolcat sign and the "need 300.000$ for brainwashing"
  9. Pengu4566 Member

How were the rest of the cookies that I left there? hope you enjoyed em!
  10. AnonLZ Member

Fuck yeah seaking! That was a good time!
  11. Anonymous Member

12. Ogsonofgroo Member

View attachment 5pq3br.jpg

You guise are frikken AWESOME!!!

We are especially lololing at this pic, all of them are fantastic, excellent jorb y'all,

Speshul sooper dooper caeks an' all my internests :D
  13. manly man Member

14. Re: POSTGAME - Chicago - May 8th, 2010

Glad you guys liked the cardboard sign. Before we get too much credit, I should mention we copied the idea from San Francisco. Someone did the sign up right pretty-like, and then the pose by the anon helped sell the joke. Not sure if someone else got a better photo of that scene than I did.

Did the person who lost the article of clothing ever find it? : /

They were great! Usually it's later in the day that we start to get tired and hungry and chow down more. We ate the cookies up after you left. Thank you for bringing the munchies and the bubble wands - we'll probably reuse them a whole lot this summer.

Dude, you have ninja skills, haha. We didn't see you leave. A friend and I were joking about how you poofed into thin air.

Also, I lied - I'm not gonna add more pics and stories now, 'cause it's late. I'll come back again and dump off more stuff here.
  15. fisherman Member

Excellent raid is excellent! Love the pix!
  16. Anonymous Member

omfg you are so000000000000000000 evil terroist
  17. TorontosRoot Member

so much win! :)
  18. Anonymous Member

New femanons? I wish I was there. However, you're femanon population was too low for me.
  19. RightOn Member

excellenet signage and looks ilke you had a blast
  20. Django Member

Needs one more syllable - Banananon. Just sayin'....

Doin' it real correct-like Chicago...

21. Body Member

3 and Witch (or Wytch [?]) were pretty fun additions. As well as the whole 4 other people who I'd never seen before.

If the article of clothing was a hat, then yes. It was found.

Cookies were good, I should've eaten a cinnamon bun before you left though.

A lot of oldfags are missing.

Hoping for a video sooooon.

PS: It took me 5 minutes to realize that Strong Strength was not producing a crazy umbrella jellyfish with his bubbles, but that the umbrella was part of the tent in the background.
  22. Anonymous Member

beautiful raid and postgame report.

/r/ source for that shirt
  23. Adanon Member

24. Re: POSTGAME - Chicago - May 8th, 2010

I thought it was a scarf that was missing. : /

As for the &quot;im in ur _____&quot; shirt, I don't have any info on it - maybe the person wearing it will drop by with something.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Other stuff that happened...

Star Wars people walked by, so they had a laugh at our Darth Vader and Boba Fett masks. I don't know if they were part of a cosplay group or what. They had some really good Jedi outfits, but you'll just have to use your imagination for those.

2efj81v.jpg

The weed protest: There was a pretty big marijuana decriminalization demonstration nearby, and they marched on the street adjacent to us a couple times. It was dreadlocks and signs with &quot;Smoke That Shit&quot; and blunts on them. And some pretty normal-looking people too.

View attachment jpvhva.jpg

2ujh6a9.jpg

Celtic Fest was also in the park right near us all day - a few quick photos:

View attachment xer8rt.jpg

View attachment 2zfk8l3.jpg

2qg6w.jpg

Re: the video, it should have a lot of good footage and pictures that I haven't put here, but it's going to take a lot of editing and won't be done for a long, looong time. Check back in like a week if you care to see it (not that it's going to be great or anything).
  25. Pengu4566 Member

no worries man, next month we'll bring moar goodies...we even had to eat the cookie cake we brought on the train ride home! (sorry to Metra for all the blue icing that went EVERYWHERE on the seats and my pants...)
  26. Pengu4566 Member

If you really want, I can either give you some of the videos I took to expand your footage on the video when you decide to make it, or i can make another video with some of the pics you posted already. i'd like to collaborate with you on making the vid, so maybe we can send it to each other and complete parts? if you're too busy ill be happy to do some for ya. =D

also, see if you can bring your amp next time so we can play sum epic music for all to hear!
  27. Anonymous Member

Just make your own video.
  28. Body Member

Oh right. I went running around the weed protest chanting "Weed weed weed!" and "Save the ninjas!" (with my Scientology kills ninjas sign). There was also a homeless guy who was asking the protesters for a blunt. He is my hero.
  29. Anonymous Member

i like ur raids
  30. ryangiggs Member

Fun Fun!
    Awesome pics!

<3
  31. JohnnyRUClear Member

32. Re: POSTGAME - Chicago - May 8th, 2010

I have way more footage than I can use, so if you want any of your stuff to go in a video, it might be simpler just to make your own. Mine might be done in a few more days.

'Kay. Bring your dance shoes. The park doesn't like it when we play music there, so sometimes a few of us go across the street for that sort of thing. I sometimes have reservations about that, because I don't want anyone to feel more lonely by splitting the group, especially when we have a bunch of new people who feel awkward without lots of people around. But yeah, I'll try to bring the mini-boombox next month.
  33. Anonymous Member

would rape
  34. Re: POSTGAME - Chicago - May 8th, 2010

Sorry for spamming up this thread with so many responses, but I have this weekend off again and the weather's supposed to be nice, so I might do a miniraid sometime on Saturday. Drop me a PM if you're interested and you like boredom. Your choice on location, Park or Org. I have to recognize your username, though.

Been working on my video a little every day, and it's probably about 2 days from finished now, depending on how much time I have.
  35. LegionWeAre Member

Lots of signs and every one was win! GJ you guys.
  36. Dieek Member

Hopefully will be there next month?
    Days might fall within girlfriend-coming-to-vis00t-from-Germany time.

If not, def. will be there July.
  37. Re: POSTGAME - Chicago - May 8th, 2010

Video's finished over at: http://vimeo.com/11753951

I feel like it ended up being too long, but then I looked back and was tired of editing and not sure what to cut, so enjoy the tl;dw video.

Sounds good, man. Drop by whenever. 2ymukab.gif
  38. 3rdMan Member

You outdo yourself with each video and this one is no exception. Looks like u guys had fun and lots of success and good times.
  39. 9376 Member

Video looks amazing! Sorry about bailing yet again.
    I assure you, it will not happen again.
    I'm going to attempt to bring more femanons out. Cause, damn... We could get a lot of attention.
    Chicago Femanon carwash to pay for our auditing?
  40. manly man Member

most magnificent!! ...... superv video :D