Customize

POST RAID: Psych Convention SF May 16-21

Discussion in 'USA - West Coast' started by Hombre, May 16, 2009.

1. AlertAshAnon Member

Re: POST RAID: Psych Convention SF May 16-21

Yah, do you mean for me to re-read that post, or do you mean you read it over and that it makes sense? I did re-read it and it's great, but did it really preempt my post?
  2. Anonymous Member

I think you have to insult him not just name him but I also hope that the midget cult leading DAVID MISCAVIGE who might possibly be spawn of a L. Ron Hubbard wet dream reads this thread.
  3. Herro Member

Good. Hopefully this doesn't get lost and forgotten in the court system. Because it's far more effective as a propaganda tool than as some court case. Suing them for using someone's picture without permission isn't going to do much damage, but framing the CCHR as a group willing to exploit people's deaths for their own purposes can have a noticeable impact on public perception.
  4. squid Member

I forgot my camera, so I just took a few pics with my cell. Actually, not carrying a camera and constantly trying to take pics liberated me to be a lot more interactive (read: shouty) than normal. Try it sometime!

When I was talking to a cop @10am, minutes before the march started, this couple came up and asked for directions. They were giggling, groping and falling over one another like newlyweds. Have you seen Napoleon Dynamite? It was exactly like that. I got the cop to take a picture of us. After they left me and the cop exchanged a telepathic "HEH!" and I got back to business.
    dynomitecouple.jpg

Also, here is the door to the "Death" exhibit. Did they ever turn on those speakers with the blue lights? I don't remember them doing so. If they had, what would come out of it? Do they listen to anything besides LRH's voice?

I found that those red & black balloons explode quite nicely when you burn them with cigarettes.
    frontofexhibit.th.jpg
  5. Anonymous Member

Just in case the child in question also appears in these CCHR propaganda materials (a collage of faces seen in a quick glance at some of their stuff).

swpzs9.jpg

Probably too soon to make a separate thread for this.

6. Daisy Member

They also had a funeral wreath. And the bagpipes.
    psychprotestmay09015.jpg
  7. NailsPDX Member

Does anyone have video of us marching in front of the cult with the anon flag?
  8. nightfire Member

O hey look... Seattle all made it home...
    Epic raid was Epic! full post game report eta tonight, I need a nap since I didn't get home until 2:30 this morning.

I would like to say
    OMG THANK YOU SF ANONS!! You guys did a great job, and certainly were very welcoming. *cough*theyrapedmegoodandIlikedit*cough*
    Please let us know if-when you throw another party like that!

brb nap time
  9. Re: POST RAID: Psych Convention SF May 16-21

AO is saying a scio was arrested/cited? o__O What happened guys?

10. Anonymous Member

Overseas congratulations coming from a LondonAnon here. I've been following this thread because the Scientology Vs Psychiatry element is something I'm looking to raise awareness of around my area too.

Awesome protest, SF, and well done on forcing them back into their hidey-hole. Keep up the good work!
  11. afternon Member

I second that...
  12. Havok Member

13. lothar Member

Fucking Xenu, AO makes me raeg everytime he speaks to any civil servant. It's like he took a class on how to fail with police....
  14. Anonymous Member

Not to derail from the post-raid celebrating, but I was wondering where all the quotes etc. on the flier were sourced from? I'm looking into making a small, probably postcard-sized leaflet to slip into the backs of books to raise awareness about things like this and wanted to know where I can find anti-psych quotes in Hubbard's own words.

help appreciated.
  15. BigBeard Member

Even CCHR can't come up with an original idea, but has to copy the 'OG' Lisa McPhearson Candle Light Vigils from the 90's that had a wreath and piper. Only without the candles, and I'll bet no Anon went over an took the wreath away.

And please don't tell us the piper was playing "McPhearson's Lament".

BigBeard
  16. squid Member

I watched the beginning and saw the annoyed cop who clearly says "yeah and they are violating statute blahblah" but i skimmed the rest. I didn't see the driver wind up in cuffs. dang. I don't know how they could get a permit to park that truck in the dang street.

HEH! Just when you thought the orgasm was over, more win-jizz squeezes out. As AnonOrange points out in the tape, they have a FUCKING VIDEO SURVEILLANCE CAMERA that recorded them breaking their own firebox on the sidewalk and then going in the org! rofl. I wonder if the cops can force them to turn over the tape?
  17. Relyt Member

AO needs to stop talking and stay the fuck away from the scilons. He prides himself on being a dick. He just wants to start up drama so that the scilons will react to it. He makes Tom Newton's claims seem reasonable.
  18. Anonymous Member

Lol, Newton reasonable? XD Not even AO could accomplish that.
  19. Zulas Member

so i heard there was a lot of win while i was gone?
  20. Arsolycus Member

wow, you guys are awesome. If I were ten years younger and female ...I'd blow ALL of you. I wish I lived in California, I'd brave hours of fucking driving/walking to have broken up this thing. BRA-FUCKING-VO
  21. thinkerbell Member

Greetings from inside moscone anons- still having some prnger probs, so have been hand writing whyweprotest.net on the back of all sorts of convention lit today and talking you gus up. looking for a business center on the inside. gotta run see my boss.
  22. Arsolycus Member

TRANSLATION NECESSARY
  23. Suzette Member

Greetings from inside Moscone Center, anons. Still having some printer problems, so I have been hand writing whyweprotest.net on the back of all sorts of convention literature today and talking you guys up. I am looking for a business center on the inside so I can pay outrageous rental prices for the use of their printers. Gotta run--I see my boss.
  24. ARC Member

3541484127_646cf6cbdd.jpg
    IMG_0030 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

1564mkm.jpg

I sort of agree, but the CCHR's public image is already in the toilet. The other anti-psychiatry/psychiatry-critical organizations hate them because CCHR drags the whole cause down with them.

There's no reason, though, why a civil court case on this issue can't happen at the same time as media coverage. A recently court case might add to the newsworthiness of the issue.
    I don't know how likely it is that the parents will win though. This is not an area of law I'm familiar with. If it was commercial speech, I could understand how publicity rights would be violated here, but the CCHR - even if run by a commercial company called the Church of Scientology - is using their image to present a political message, so I'd personally see it as a first amendment issue and let CCHR do what they do. It is very evil and wrong, but free speech IMO.
  25. Herro Member

Agreed. Good point.
  26. Anonymous Member

Scientology hatred of psychiatry and psychology // CCHR
  27. Soda Member

28. Anonymous Member

Well, at least he's out there fully engaged in DOING stuff. Everyone has a weak point.

29. Anonymous Member

Well, at least he's out there fully engaged in DOING stuff. Everyone has a weak point.

30. anmoyunos Member

Yours is double-posting like a dickbag.
  31. Ramona Member

Thanks, thinkerbell! Let us know if you need anything!

32. Anonymous Member

33. Anonymous Member

34. Haruhi Member

There's plenty of help out there that we don't need. Kudos to the guy for giving a shit enough to get off of his cheese-eating surrendermonkeyass, but thanks - but no thanks.
  35. Anonymous Member

Opti's post was about someone being genuinely upset at the unauthorised use of their deceased child's photo. You moved straight on to suggesting we must use more deceased people's photos.
  36. NailsPDX Member

Hey look it's another video.

This was probably the most intense raid I've evAr been at
  37. Anonymous Member

HCOB 16 July 1970 "The Psychiatrist at Work" is published in the HCOB volumes (the red volumes). They are available via wikileaks: https://secure.wikileaks.org/wiki/S...d_Communications_Office_Bulletins_(1950-1984)

The quotations from miscavige are from his new year 2007 address, which is here: The Church of Scientology: a hate group?, together with images from the video and, helpfully, a link to the page of the Impact Magazine on which Miscavige's speech was provided: Refund and Reparation - ISN 35: Psychiatry: Global Obliteration
  38. DeathHamster Member

What the hell is that, a kilt or a car blanket with pleats?

It's not a great kilt, and a modern kilt is not supposed to be belted across the nipples. (Not that I can see a belt under that t-shirt.) It's like a tartan MuMu.
  39. Shinythings Member

LULZ!

You fantastic fucking beautiful nigras!
  40. Ramona Member