Customize

POST RAID: Psych Convention SF May 16-21

Discussion in 'USA - West Coast' started by Hombre, May 16, 2009.

1. thinkerbell Member

Re: WEST COAST RAID: Psych Convention SF May 16-21

hope this upload works. heres a blank flyer i'm starting,

Ramona and TinyDancer, you both have amazing content, but i'm loathe to attempt to edit down your work to one page wonders. I'm serious about sneaking this in, and i dont want to misrepresent your intellectual work or the group- especially if this is an attempt to recruit apa members. so if the crowd want to collaborate go to town. I have to eat.
  2. thinkerbell Member

damnit, why didnt mega upload work?
  3. Ramona Member

This COULD be a suitable one-pager:

Psychiatrists Need to Join the Effort Against the Scientology Organization

When Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard published his book "Dianetics" in 1950, it became a best-seller of 'pop' psychology. Although psychiatrists, psychologists and scientists wrote book reviews and op-ed pieces, pointing out the book's absurd and demonstrably false assertions, it maintained popularity among a large number of people who didn't know any better. As Scientology spread around the world and defended itself in the courts, over issues ranging from practicing medicine without a license to burglary and kidnapping, most people dismissed the cult as just a bunch of weirdos to whom various celebrities were inexplicably drawn.

But Scientology is much more than that. It is a meticulously crafted web of seemingly-benign false fronts and confusing financial flows. Scientology’s front groups include the anti-psychiatry, Citizens’ Commission on Human Rights (CCHR), Criminon (a phony criminal rehabilitation program) Narconon (a substance-abuse-detox scam) and Applied Scholastics (a bogus school program) and lots of others. All of these front groups share one openly-declared goal: the "global obliteration of psychiatry." This is just one reason the cult has been kicked out of Greece; in Germany, declared a “threat to democracy”; in France, openly described in the media as a criminal gang and is on very thin ice in Belgium, Norway, and other European countries.

In the United States Scientology is getting a tax-free ride due to its "religion" status, which it strong-armed from the Internal Revenue Service in 1993 and due to the efforts of a few celebrity and media shills. In the past few years, Scientology has become adept in creating slick public relations materials that present the cult and its front groups as helpful members of civil society. BUT, they are most assuredly not helpful members of our society. Scientology's frequent use of the term "human rights" is simply their euphemism for "obliterating psychiatry."

As the "object" of the Scientology cult's vicious and delusional animus, psychiatrists need to take a larger role in helping expose the cult. And take legal and political measures to stop its lying and criminality. Like many people who haven't looked deeply into the issue, psychiatrists may believe that Scientology is annoying or stupid; but mostly harmless. The fact is, however, is that Scientology is annoying and stupid and DANGEROUS. It is dangerous and harmful not only to its members and to society, but ESPECIALLY to psychiatrists personally and as a profession.

In recent years, Scientology's war on psychiatry has taken an ominous turn. Major public Scientology events feature images of hand grenades and machine guns destroying representations of "Psychiatry" as well photos falsely depicting psychiatristy's involvement in 'concentration camp' abuses. Additionally, Scientology front groups create online databases of libelous material about thousands of psychiatrists and other mental health professionals.
    The volunteer efforts of Anonymous and the "Old Guard" of critics are fighting Scientology for all the reasons it deserves to be fought. One thing they are also doing is fighting psychiatry's battle. It's time for psychiatry to join that battle. It is time for psychiatrists and psychologists to once again, speak up in op-ed columns, to contact legislators, to file civil suits against the cult for libel and defamation and generally to help with the efforts to hold Scientology and its leaders accountable for their actions.

Links:

Scientology Critical Information Directory
    Scientology Critical Information Directory
    Ex-Scientology Kids
    Ex-Scientology Kids
    Why We Protest global activism center
    Home - Why We Protest

4. Ramona Member

I'll try to make some bullet points oriented to the APA audience!

5. Shinythings Member

FUCKING EPIC!

/r/ transcrip of anon chants
  6. Shinythings Member

Got to say it guise, in a pretty much messed up world, you anons give me hope.

Keep trolling!
  7. AnotherRIAnon Member

Awesome job I can't wait for more video.

Racist-Homophobic-UFO-Cult would be a pretty good chant to use.

Also

CCHR What?!

CCHR Lies!!!
  8. Re: WEST COAST RAID: Psych Convention SF May 16-21

9. Ramona Member

10. Anonymous Member

From ESMB

11. Zulas Member

so is anyone currently in this thread still in SF with the other anons?
  12. Ramona Member

I'm not sure whether these bullet points are brief enough; I think it's important to be clear about the bizarre range of lies the cult is promulgating; but perhaps it's too much. As for a link: I usually try to give 2 or 3, as I still don't find that any one place has enough. Maybe I'll make a "Psychiatry Anonymous" site ! ;^) with just the right info for psychiatrists... hmmm... I might actually do this...

• Scientology is a pseudo-scientific, totalitarian cult, founded in 1950 by the late L. Ron Hubbard, in which psychiatrists are the arch-villain.
    • Scientology has many front groups, notably its anti-psychiatry activism arm the Citizens Commission on Human Rights (sic) or CCHR, and Narconon, an expensive and phony drug-detox system.
    • CCHR maintains a traveling "museum" called "Psychiatry: The Industry of Death." In this museum, one learns that psychiatrists are to blame for the African slave trade, the Holocaust, ethnic cleansing in the Balkans, the September 11 attacks, and virtually every bad thing that has ever happened in human history. Scientologists are spreading the word that 25-30% of psychiatrists rape their patients. Scientologists believe that electroshock therapy and lobotomy are very common, always involuntary procedures, performed exactly as they were done in the 1950s, and with the same effects. Scientologists claim that psychiatrists intentionally "network" sex offenders, specifically so they can learn from each other and do crimes together.
    • Scientology's war on psychiatry has taken an ominous turn in recent years, as major public Scientology events feature images of hand grenades and machine guns destroying representations of "Psychiatry," and Scientology front groups create online databases of libelous material about thousands of psychiatrists and other mental health professionals.
    • Scientology is dangerous and harmful not only to its members (many ex-cult members emerge with severe PTSD); to mentally ill persons; to individuals in the throes of substance abuse; and to the humane basis of society; but to psychiatrists personally and as a profession.
    • Because Scientology has utilized a retaliatory policy (called "fair game") on its critics, many people in positions of responsibility have been reluctant to speak against them. Still, the recent "Anonymous" anti-Scientology activism movement may present a way forward.
    • It is time for psychiatrists and other mental health professionals to join Anonymous, and get involved in holding the Scientology organization accountable for its abuses, smears, lies, and threats.

13. Anonypeg Member

Wow, great job to all those who participated!!! Look at how this contrasts with anon not being there:

Is this protest continuing on other days? I think these protesters should be rickrolled and the rickroll caught on YouTube.
  14. TomVorm Member

The draft could be reworked.

Bulleted Point #1: Scientology is a totalitarian cult

Bulleted Point #2: "Many ex-cult members emerge with severe PTSD" works better if it's deleted, then relocated as part of Point #6: "Scientology is dangerous and harmful not only to its members (Many ex-cult members emerge with severe PTSD).."

Bulleted Point #7 can be modified to be introduced in the past tense: "Because Scientology has utilized a retaliatory policy (called "fair game") on its critics.."
  15. Ramona Member

Thanks! I have modified the bullets per your suggestions!

16. Anonymous Member

Just fyi, AO will be there Sunday with big orange wig.
  17. Snake Member

San Fran has brought back the trolling in Chanology! This is what Chanology is all about!
  18. Ramona Member

Scientology will NEVER have it that easy again.

19. Re: WEST COAST RAID: Psych Convention SF May 16-21

Oh yeah!

Correcto. Troll brigades at the ready.
  20. Zulas Member

moar vids anyone?
  21. the anti Member

22. Shinythings Member

those.png
  23. Anonymous Member

Read 'em NOTs and get in all their videos. Troll troll troll!
  24. Rug Member

POST RAID: Psych Convention SF May 16-21

Hey, Sacanon here, i just wanted to thank you all for giving us all from sac a chance to come down and hang out with you guys, it was amazing thank you so much

i got some video i'll work on tomarrow, right now i'm worn out and need some sleep.. but thank you all, it was a freaking blast.. -Rug
  25. Ravenmore Member

/r/ Tom Cruise Yukkuri being taunted by Anon saying "I can't take it easy."

only Anon would get me over my irrational anger towards those hellspawn long enough to request a picture of them.
  26. Re: WEST COAST RAID: Psych Convention SF May 16-21

^Absolutely this.
  27. TinyDancer Member

Thinkerbell,

I'm working on a flyer for you. Should be done today (ie within 6 hours).

Okay, it will be done within an hour. Ramona, I'm using your bullet points. :D
  28. qwertyuiop1 Member

IS there a post raid thread? Or am I putting my vids here?
  29. Anonymous Member

Just to echo above for anyone who didn't see...

This is really good - excellent material for anyone who has a chance to get written material into scilon hands, to kickstart some rational questioning...

All of the questions are well developed:

1. Who runs our Church?
    2. What are the stats?
    3. Who owns the copyrights to LRH materials?
    4. What happened to broad dissemination?
    5. How did this practice of regging for pure donations get started?
    6. Where does the money go?
    7. Are the revisions to LRH materials on-Source?
  30. qwertyuiop1 Member

They were Rickrolled - OT3 rolled - rolled bellaire style and then we rolled them back into their building. One family of scilons actually asked me where to get a sign until she looked at my sign then looked across the street and saw the HUGE ass banner saying "Stop scientology abuses" and then realized what was happening. She never changed the tone of her voice or the look on her face. Then I asked her which side she was on and she said they were scientologists I told her I was an SP and that she should probably stop talking to me or get into trouble.
  31. LoyalOffizier Member

AWESOME raid guys!

I had some great bullbaiting wins today:

More videos coming soon. :)
  32. ryangiggs Member

^moar vids?
    Yes please.

Excellent work y'all.
  33. lokimotion Member

^^^^
    These are two of my favorites so far. I also like the one where Anons are chatting "three word chat" or at least that is what it sounds like.
  34. Whatwho Member

JOLLYBEES!!!!!!!!!!! =) Oh yeah, that Nashvile scilon could not answer...=p WIN!
  35. qwertyuiop1 Member

They are coming - Hold your horses. There is soooo much good footage I am at a loss as to what to put up so its all coming.
  36. the anti Member

seems they are getting annihilated by you guys, i so iwish i was able to join with. just need my ipod, camera, rollerblades, and a flag pole to my back
  37. Apotheker Member

I have a morning wood when I see this! I lol'd hard. Thanks for the work! And a lot of flowers from Germany!
    [IMG]
  38. fotoanon Member

Don't forget the car to get there.....
  39. qwertyuiop1 Member

They were effectively neutered.