Customize

POST GAME: Tokyo Winter Comic Market 2010

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific' started by Trev6, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Trev6 Member

POST GAME: Tokyo Winter Comic Market 2010

We're back! JapanAnon participated in the Tokyo Winter Comiket on December 31st, 2010. Activities included raiding the cosplay area in Anonymous 'uniform' with YFTCs and distributing our latest edition of Anonymous Comics: Manga Edition in the seller's area. (pics at the end of the post)

C79 was probably the most successful Comiket for us so far. Honestly, I was actually blown away by the turnout, and the sheer amount of support and well-wishes we got from the public who dropped by.

Like every other self-published comic group at Comiket, we had a table to sell our printed comics from. Before we are accused of hungering after Jew Gold, we sell them roughly at cost (printing fees are entirely out of our pocket, also travelling to the event, parking, accomodations, et cetera) and typically lose money in the final calculation. So this isn't a profitable enterprise, nor is it our aim to make it one.

The event ran from 10am to 4pm. Things were slow for the morning... not surprisingly, I figured, since everybody was busy buying from big, famous circles. Our booth was placed right next to the "Somewhat Daily Cult Newspaper", another anti-cult circle we made friends with last summer, so we talked to them a bit and sold a few books here and there. I figured it would be slow all day. After all, we were a small, minor circle with a very specific focus, and most people probably didn't know or care about Scientology here.

Then, between around 1 and 2 in the afternoon, it started. I think maybe it was our position that helped... corner table at the edge of a high traffic area. Maybe all the use of Twitter helped attract peoples' interest and spread our name. Maybe doing Anon cosplay in the Cosplay area drew attention. Whatever it was, we were suddenly flooded with person after person stopping by the table, flipping through the books, and more often than not, buying. Even better than that, there were lots of people who came to ask questions, about us, about Scientology. Some offered words of support and encouragement to kick Scientology's ass, some came to share their stories of brushes with Scientology. One lady who visited our booth last year, whose friend got sucked into Scientology, dropped by again to chat about Sci front groups in Japan. An English-speaking Japanese lawyer even stopped by... a lawyer who specialized in defending cult victims, no less... dropped off his card and thanked Anonymous for everything they'd done to hit back at Scientology.

By the end of Comiket, we had sold off every single goddamn book. And not just the new book, but even the old Wall of Fire comic and Fair Game, the Fate:stay night parody book got snapped up completely. The atmosphere from all the visitors to the booth was extremely positive, and I think we've made some very valuable friends this time around. I declare this raid to be a success.

Pics included -->

5312294469_c5d1cfcef6_b.jpg

5312874120_6a8c4a0c33_b.jpg

5312288555_171ff5b811_b.jpg

5312876136_d19dc22fae_b.jpg

5312879916_eb27c7bd53_b.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: POST GAME: Tokyo Winter Comic Market 2010

hella win!! :)

"An English-speaking Japanese lawyer even stopped by... a lawyer who specialized in defending cult victims, no less... dropped off his card"

This can be very helpful!!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

Virtual Party Barrel of KFC chicken to JapanAnons!

65f8a2ea-0bfe-11e0-b1a3-00144feabdc0.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

Epic. Well done guys!
  5. Rockyj Member

This is so cool!
  6. Anonymous Member

Great stuff as always :D
  7. Anonymous Member

Wow! Well done guys.
  8. Anonymous Member

AWESOME WIN, YOU MAGNIFICENT /B/ASTARDS!!!
  9. conatus Member

sugoi-line4.jpg
  10. BlooAnon Member

Sold out! Fantastic! Well done Anon. Love to hear success stories like this. Keep it up!

Joker.gif
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

I was glad to see you displayed the United We Fight poster from the Hamburgfags. One of the greatest pieces of Anon art ever.
  12. Trev6 Member

I loved the shit out of those. They added so much colour to the booth. Special love goes out to San Diego Anon too <3 We played the Party Hard vid on the little laptop, along with a few other hand-picked Anon vids.
  13. Anonymous Member

THIS was a great thing to wake up to this morning. Excellent work, outstanding art and effort!
  14. Trev6 Member

Some unrelated fun in the cosplay area, btw:

5312812903_2696fd5c44_b.jpg

The gentleman on the left is the &quot;Yaranaika&quot; meme popular in Japan, while the gentleman on the right is Shintaro Ishihara, Tokyo's racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, and dangerously insane Governor, responsible for a recent draconian censorship law in Tokyo. I lol'd.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Anonymous Member

diemadagascarpinguine.jpg

I came!
  16. Anonymous Member

Outstanding.
  17. moarxenu Member

You mean this one? It is one of the best raid vids ever.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqu_g5-Accw]YouTube - Party Hard SD ANON 2009[/ame]
  18. frettchen007 Member

transmetropolitan-3-eyed-smiley.gif
    • Like Like x 1
  19. sooleater Member

sehr gute arbeit
  20. BLiP Member

ć„Șれた
  21. ryangiggs Member

Awesome work.

Always interested in the anti-cult scene in Japan.
    That lawyer guy may have been someone I've read about through ICSA conferences.
  22. Sponge Member

Is there a Miscavige character in these comics?

dmmanga.jpg

dmmanga2.jpg
  23. Re: POST GAME: Tokyo Winter Comic Market 2010

LOL - &lt;3 your work, Sponge - it just keeps getting better.
  24. Sponge Member

It's easy with this....
    Face of the Future
  25. Anonymous Member

LOL! Authorfag here.

If I manage to squeeze in all my ideas - he'll have a brief scene (raeg, tantrum and slapping a few faces when some news reach him)
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Trev6 Member

Should do a crossover special issue with him and Violence Nick. XD
  27. Trev6 Member

...and since I'm sifting through my photos, here's a couple of cosplay snaps, because hawt.

5319518170_45ce18a82e_b.jpg

5318917581_c4bdb065c1_b.jpg

5318961767_299a7aec31_b.jpg a
  28. Tofuman666 Member

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Shinythings Member

Moar
  30. Anon500 Member

31. Anonymous Member

CALL OUT TO JAPANANONS
    hope you are all safe and your families too xxxx
    • Like Like x 3
  32. Anonymous Member

This
  33. Trev6 Member

Thank you for your concern. We've made contact with everybody we know, and we're all lucky enough to have made it through intact.
    • Like Like x 6
  34. Anonymous Member

Heh! Trev6 - you're a hero of mine (hero - not Herro) so glad you're safe
  35. amaX Member

Dammit! I can't believe I missed this. I LOVE THE JAPANONS! You all are magnificent and brilliant and awesome! Sold everything? HELL, YEAH! Well done, Japanons!
    • Like Like x 1
  36. DeathHamster Member

Thursday is Naruto fansub torrent night (Friday in Japan), where the latest episode gets captured, English sub-titled, and thrown onto a torrent within hours of the show being broadcast. I asumed that this week was probably doubtful, but there it is!

That's way more awesome than the normal awesome! As Inner Sakura would say (in sub-titles) "Hell yeah!"
  37. Anonymous Member

I have not even the faintest idea what you're talking about but it sounds great