Customize

Plymouth "Next Ideal Org"

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Anonymous, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Sponge Member

Re: Plymouth "Next Ideal Org"

LOL @ "Built-in RPF"

There is no way that place is going to be functioning anytime soon. After 3 months of disuse they will be forced to pay full business rates on it. Please don't tell me they are going to claim "hardship relief".

From the Valuation Office website
    Rateable value from 2010 = £43,000 (it was reduced from the 2005 valuation of £55,000)

From the government website business rates estimator:
    So that's over two grand a month in tax that they will have to fork out for a dead building.

Unless DM is going to give them a special treat and throw a shit load of money at it to get it done up now then it is nothing but a worthless drain (and an increasing eyesore for the community). Why would he do that though, especially since Manchester and Northumbria have stood empty and rotting away for ages?

They still have the expense of keeping the old org open too. Estimated rates on that property £376 per month and no they don't get any discretionary or mandatory relief. Then there's the utility bills.
  2. stuwyatt Member

JJ mentioned a lot of the reviews about the Royal Fleet Hotel mentioned damp, so I did a bit of googling and found this:

AWFUL - Royal Fleet Club, Plymouth Traveller Reviews - TripAdvisor

etc. etc.

CONGRATULATIONS PLYMOUTH SCIENTOLOGY! You've just purchased a huge damp crumbling lemon
  3. Sponge Member

[insert shoop of John Mappin, Camelot Castle Hotel saying, "Hey, sounds like my kinda place!"]
  4. weeblejj Member

Hi Folks
    Sorry about the delay health not good. Anyhow as Stu has already said, the whole place is a mess. Lots of cracks in the walls, blocked guttering and drainage which has meant water has been poring over the outside walls no doubt causing water seepage and damp. The roof need attention, there are some flat roofs and no doubt they need sorting out as well. Overall the whole place just from looking at the outside is in need of major work. I would guess the inside is also in need of major work as well. This is not going to be cheap :) I used to do property maintance and would dread doing work here.

Here are some pictures
    _IGP8606.jpg

_IGP8608.jpg

_IGP8618.jpg

_IGP8643.jpg

More images can be found here Fleet Hotel Scions new ideal org pictures by weeblejj - Photobucket

Take care
    JJ
  5. charlie Member

It's going to get boarded up like the northumbia idle org in Gateshead.
  6. greebly Member

Guess so and check out Mr Suri and his football dreams aswell.

Now stu and the gang have tons of room to protest in much better than option 1 hotel.
  7. stuwyatt Member

Great pics JJ. Thanks for uploading them! I had my sunglasses on when I visited yesterday, and the cracks didn't seem that apparent when I was there in person... but the cracks are very visible in your photo's.... WOW. This place is in worse shape than I thought.

I can't stop laughing. I can't believe the cult was stupid enough to buy this virtually unsellable semi-derelict hotel. Actually, I take that back. Of course the cult would be silly enough to buy this pile of mould and damp.
  8. xenubarb Member

Thanks, JJ. Great pix, and stu's vid really adds to the sense that this is a gargantuan moldering pile that needs a great deal of work. These Idle Orgs are as albatrice around the necks of local orgs.
    While they paid for them, they don't own them, and I believe the local orgs are responsible for upkeep and property taxes. Which, incidentally, our org paid off on. They get by on their Idle Org taxes by paying the penalty until they can't delay paying the full tax, as per Hubbard's instructions.

I wonder how long it'll be before the uber-rich true believers quit hemorrhaging moneyz to keep all of DM's projects afloat. The Feshbachs, for instance. Or "I can put out fires with my mind" OT Bryan Zwann.

Names like these turn up on EVERY "big list of meritorious humanitarians" and always seem to donate immense sums.

Tick Tock, DM...one of these days you're gonna run out of richies. How you gonna pay your AU and UK taxes then?
  9. greebly Member

10. Sponge Member

They should do that soon.
    Unless they are employing a full time 24/7 custodian/security person then it's gonna get raped.

[EDIT: That was not a threat, just one of the facts of life in Devonport]
  11. BigBeard Member

From the pics & descriptions it sounds like the simplest way to refurbish this mess is with an "implosion" team and bulldozer. Then start over from scratch.

BigBeard
  12. Anonymous Member

Which is why plymanons are going to try and get the building Grade 2 listed. It is one of the few buildings in the area that survived the geman bombs. Oh, and taking Gateshead anon's lead, we are going to make sure that the place has been checked for bats.
  13. basil Member

Oh such sweet, sweet lulz... well done everyone, this is going to keep them busy for a while.
  14. Anonymous Member

Well, I had a lot of fun last night. I created a facebook profile of a one 'Rex Fowler' from Colorado, and started sending PMs to the Plymouth clams linking them to the troll Ideal Org website (Church of Scientology - Plymouth Ideal Org ).

I decided to also request to join the Plymouth Ideal Org facebook group, but expected the request to be denied having already messaged the two admins of the group with the link to the troll site. So I was very surprised when Irina Harrison started up this comm cycle:

rexirina1.png
    rexirina2.png
    rexirina3.png

She also added me as a friend, but seeing as Rex has nothing on his profile and no friends (a bit like real life), I did not accept her friend request. Seeing as I had already sent entheta to all the clams (including her), she obviously found out and promptly uber-blocked me after the final PM, but she did not remove me from the facebook group.
  15. Anonymous Member

So ladies and gentleman, I give you a glimpse into the secret world of Plymouth Scientology:

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } idealorg1.png
    [IMG]
    idealorg3.png
    idealorg4.png
    idealorg5.png
    [IMG]
    idealorg7.png
    [IMG]
  16. Anonymous Member

idealorg10.jpg
    idealorg11.jpg
    [IMG]

And I couldn't leave until posting my bit of entheta.

idealorg9.png

The phone number is live, and is worth calling (it is a recorded message).

The website is worth visiting too if you have not seen it already: Church of Scientology - Plymouth Ideal Org
  17. RolandRB Member

If COSRECI goes down then the Ideal Org buildings will not be affected as they are owned by a Scientology offshore company.
  18. Anonymous Member

lulz quality work!
  19. JohnnyRUClear Member

o u

<3
  20. stuwyatt Member

Wow. All of the best fun happens while I am asleep :(

I can't believe Irina fell for your troll. She is normally very very paranoid.
  21. Anonymous Member

That recording is &*^%$ hilarious.
  22. Anonymous Member

Re: Plymouth &quot;Next Ideal Org&quot;

Thank you :)

We are going to eventually have a multi-nested automated call system, and we plan to retain as much of the lulz as possible.

In other news, proof that clams do not click links:

rex1.png
  23. Anonymous Member

goddard1.png
    [IMG]

I find it so apt that they acknowledge the donations as stolen loot, given to them by pirates.

Waitwut?
  24. Anonymous Member

Also, I notice that they only needed to raise £100,000 in November last year. While I know there were taxes to pay for the sale, it took them a very long time to raise the funds to complete the purchase.

Now they have to find at least £2,500,000 to do the renovations. lol.
  25. Anonymous Member

26. Anonymous Member

This is hilarious. Good work Anons. Say, is Ryan Kitson still in or did he come out? I recall some talk about him possibly having left and gone to college.
  27. Anonymous Member

He is still in to my knowledge, albeit hiding in the closet ;)
  28. Anonymous Member

goddardreply.png

lulz
  29. AnonyVix Member

LOL! Mind you I wonder if Helen Goddard realises that her comment is indeed true just not for the reason she thinks, after all Rex Fowler is indeed being dealt with through the proper channels.
  30. afternon Member

Epic trolling..I tip my hat to you Sir/Madam...
  31. Anonymous Member

32. Anonymous Member

33. JohnnyRUClear Member

This should put an end to that. :) Now she'll be very very VERY paranoid.

That's exactly what I thought of too. :-D

after win after win after win af
  34. Anonymous Member

Ryan was not happy with Rex's PM:

ryankitson.png
  35. JohnnyRUClear Member

Wow. You got straight told, son.
  36. Anonymous Member

Now you have introduced them to the name Rex Fowler I wonder if we should send them some info on the Rex Fowler affair.
  37. Anonymous Member

Rex has been uber blocked by all the clams now. He is however spreading the news to clams worldwide.

Rex jr, son of Rex, will be making a facebook appearance at some time in the future and will continue his dad's work. But for now, Rex snr is well and truly disconnected from the local clams.
  38. Anonymous Member

Harpoon to the council planning dept: planningpolicy@plymouth.gov.uk

39. DeathHamster Member

Maybe they'll create an RFW page for him...
  40. Sponge Member

LOL. Wtf? What is he doing wasting his time on such minor trivialty when he should be busy shredding COSRECI documents?. ;).