Customize

Plymouth "Next Ideal Org"

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Anonymous, Jul 12, 2009.

1. kernowanon Member

Re: Plymouth "Next Ideal Org"

If it is the Hotel we think it is would they not need planning permission for change of use? Any Plmouth anons want to contact the local councillor for the area and alert them??
  2. Anonymous Member

Dear Scientology,

Your "religious recognition in the UK" does not depend on fleecing your members for even more cash.

It depends on you behaving like a real religion, which you can never do because it's not the way LRH intended it to be run.

Obtaining religious recognition in the UK can only happen with out-tech, off source. It can only be altered by LRH himself, when he returns.

The fact he's overdue already is, I'm sure, not a concern to any of you.

Regards,

Your friends at Anonymous.
  3. JohnnyRUClear Member

That was quite the ending (save for the "Back and Forth" special) to an epic show.

Yeah, and also, lrn2xenophon :)
  4. charlie Member

Stop the D1 "Place of worship" like the shadow did for the Northumbria Idle org.
  5. OTBT Member

Any Aussies want to send this to Xenophon?

What "charity" for "public good" asks for your savings and final pennies to purchase a fucking building?

6. DeathHamster Member

And in the end, they won't own the building. It'll belong to the central organization and the locals will be changed rent on it.
  7. greebly Member

lol

Well let's hope they waste their money on it, so you guys have somewhere to protest.

<Allegedly>

They could be upping the raised figure fast like shopping channels.

"We are almost out of stock! hurry!!"

When really they could borrow the remaining $$$$.

</Allegedly>
  8. basil Member

Ah yes, the Ideal Org Scam has been well documented.

Just as an aside, the "5 million people" they plan to reach according to the National Statistics Online site is Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Dorset as far as Poole (roughly).

Four thoughts.

1) What's the catchment area of the Poole Org if Plymouth reaches that far?

2) Has anyone asked the 5 million residents of the South West if they actually want Scientology?

3) Out of those 5 million, surely it's Scientology itself that should be the attraction, not just a flashy new building?

4) How are 5 million people going to fit in a small hotel anyway?
  9. greebly Member

Awaits potential shoops form super sponge:)
  10. Anonymous Member

According Ryan Kitson's new facebook page, he is currently residing in Manchester...
  11. Anonymous Member

Wow, the wording on that last email reeks of desperation. "Give us all your monies"

Manchester has a thriving gay scene. Any gay mancanons wish to help Ryan fit in?
  12. getbeckyout Member

Can you put a photo up for me please of his happy face.:D
  13. Anonymous Member

Re: Plymouth &quot;Next Ideal Org&quot;

With pleasure. In fact, have two:

31970_400996043533_660643533_410439.jpg

28870_400262843533_660643533_408399.jpg

There are a few more self-obsessed fb pics that I can post if you'd like; he seems to be happy, in a binge-drinking chav kind of way. There is another pic, the comments of his under it state that he is working at Orange and gets 30% off his tariff. Bangin'.
  14. JohnnyRUClear Member

At least the bar staff let you blow whenever you want to without having to route out for 6 months first.
  15. pedrofcuk Member

I just asked him for a friend add on facebook.
  16. AnonyVix Member

Has Ryan Kitson blown? I hope so...
  17. PodPeople Member

18. Sponge Member

19. stuwyatt Member

I just purchased a hard copy of the newspaper, as the article is on the front page. Oh well, the game is back on I suppose.... heh

[Edit] And yeah, something fucked up with the intel. There would have been no way to scupper this sale (the owner was desperate to sell). The Royal Fleet Club is off the beaten track and it is easy to protest the building :)
  20. Sponge Member

inb4&quot;the plot thickens&quot;
    mrsuri300.jpg
  21. another123 Member

Sounds like a theme to me...
    newhabbohotel.png
  22. getbeckyout Member

Iconic Royal Fleet Hotel to be turned into Scientology church

Wednesday, June 02, 2010, 15:0020 commentsShare Bookmark with (what is social media?)Facebook Digg Reddit Delicious StumbleUpon
    Iconic Royal Fleet Hotel to be turned into Scientology church

The-Royal-Fleet-Club-in-DevonportDEVONPORT'S iconic Royal Fleet Hotel has been sold to the Church of Scientology.

The Herald has learned agents representing the hotel's owner — Midlands-based businessman Kailash Suri — completed the sale of the historic building on Friday. Last month, Mr Suri announced the hotel was set to close, 18 months after he bought it promising a multi-million-pound makeover.

He claimed the Morice Square building was losing money "drastically".

But yesterday, Mr Suri, the Church of Scientology and property consultants King Sturge confirmed the building has been sold for a figure of about £1million.

Mr Suri reportedly bought the property for just under £1.5million in December 2008.

Marianne Rowell, spokesman for the Church of Scientology, said: "The contracts have been exchanged and we have completed the purchase of the building.

"It is still functioning as a hotel at the moment. Functions are continuing until June 22 when we take it on.

"We will then put in a planning application and fundraise to refurbish the building."

Scientologists have been searching for properties in Plymouth for the past three years with the view to opening a "bold" and "prominent" new church.

The current Church of Scientology in Ebrington Street is deemed as being "too small" for the needs of its followers. It has about 3,000 to 5,000 sq ft of floor space. The new church will have about 40,000 sq ft.

"Scientology, especially in the South West, is growing and that is why we need such a large premises," said Miss Rowell.

"There are about 12,000 scientologists in the region."

A planning application is likely to be submitted within the coming months to allow the refurbishment to take place to convert it into a church.

Miss Rowell said the church was keen to "enhance" the 110-year-old building, bringing it back to its original splendour.

Miss Rowell also hinted that a celebrity could officially open the building later this year. Another spokesman, Lili Mathieson, said the church was keen to change people's perceptions of the following.

As well as specific scientology events, the building — which will host about 150 volunteers and paid staff — will continue to welcome community events and functions.

"Most people freak out about us, but they don't actually know anything about us," said Miss Mathieson.

"We have had so many conversations about this issue.

"We would invite people to come in and look at what we do.

"We want to assist in the community and play a productive part of that community."

Miss Mathieson added that outreach workers from the church would also be looking to work within the Devonport community helping the local police.

As part of the plans, the Ebrington Street site will be renovated and converted into an information centre for the church.

Mr Suri, who also owns Plymouth's Reel Cinema, told The Herald: "The Church of Scientology has bought the building.

"Someone bought it on their behalf, completing the deal last Friday."

Mr Suri said he was sad to have sold the building but admitted the market was against him.

"It is a great shame, but the market was against us," he said.

Ifan Rhys-Jones, a business space agency surveyor at Plymouth's King Sturge, said: "It has been a long search and we have looked at a lot of properties.

"It has been quite hard to find a big enough building in Plymouth.

"My remit was to find something of around 50,000 sq ft which would be suitable for educational use and public assembly.

"We have worked hard to find them a suitable site."

Among the buildings which the scientologists looked at buying are Mills Bakery at the Royal William Yard in Stonehouse; the Royal Eye Infirmary in Mutley; the former University of Plymouth School of Architecture building opposite Bar Ha Ha in the city centre; and the former St Dunstan's Abbey School in Stonehouse.

An offer was made for the former St Dunstan's Abbey School site but it was not accepted.

SCIENTOLOGY facts

SCIENTOLOGY was founded in 1954 by science fiction writer L Ron Hubbard.

It defines itself as ‘the study and handling of the spirit in relationship to itself, others and all of life’.

Scientology teaches that people are immortal spiritual beings who have forgotten their true nature.

In 2005, the Church of Scientology stated its worldwide membership to be eight million.

Members say there are 12,000 scientologists in the South West of England.

Scientology has been the subject of much criticism in the UK over the past few years.

Protesters have campaigned against the church’s presence in Plymouth on numerous occasions.

One of the many rumours surrounding Scientology is that it is linked to extraterrestrial civilisations with scientologists believing in alien interventions in Earthly events.
  23. xenubarb Member

Ick.

24. basil Member

One of these things is not like the others...
  25. AnonyVix Member

It's good of them to move their org to a location that is better to protest. The old location became very awkward to protest because a row of shops opened up opposite it.

Wonder how quickly they will renovate Plymouth Idle org?
  26. JohnnyRUClear Member

[IMG]

WOOOOOOOOOOP

WOOOOOOOOOOP

RED ALERT

Scilon lies, dead agenting, and general monkeyfaggotry RIGHT AHEAD
  27. Sponge Member

Lili Mathieson's brain still has a portal to the real world, acknowledging that people think her cult is shit and fail.
    PR headlines will need revising:
    &quot;Scientology is [STRIKE]expanding[/STRIKE] getting less shitty, honestly!...erm......buildings and stuff&quot;

They better call in the expert:
    2aaeyqr.jpg
    [SIZE=&quot;4&quot;]LIES! It's all LIES![/SIZE]
  28. Sponge Member

2dl20i0.jpg
  29. Anonymous Member

It was interesting to note that only one clam (A certain 'Milo' from Phoenix) defended the cult in the comments section of the article: Iconic Royal Fleet Hotel to be turned into Scientology church

The clam left an email (designerphilosophy@yahoo.com) address in one comment, which was traced directly to Darrell Edrich (a relation of Dennis?). Darrell owns a business selling Scientology stuff Scientology Supply | Tools for Life

He didn't return to the article once he was outed. Heh.
  30. AnonyVix Member

LOL
  31. Sponge Member

^
    ^Anon, are you thinking of Dennis Erlich?
  32. Anonymous Member

/facepalm.jpg

Yes

lol
  33. JohnnyRUClear Member

Only nerds and losers think spelling is important.
  34. SeenTheLight Member

14cdzyw.jpg
  35. s6xs6xs6x Member

FREE CANDIEEEEEEEE!
  36. JohnnyRUClear Member

The culties must really love you gais. They bought you a nice new building to look at while you protest the last remaining dupes!
  37. stuwyatt Member

This will actually be an awesome place to protest. There is a lot of pavement space around the building, and it is in an off-the-beaten-track residential area.... I'm really glad that they did not purchase the Drake Hotel. This new Ideal Org is in a really shitty part of town (when compared to other parts)... I know, as I've lived in the same area for the past few years.

I'm also happy that they have moved closer my front door (1.3 miles as opposed to 1.5 miles), and that it is a very easy route on my mobility scooter to visit their new building. Their old org has been a virtual no-go area for me since the redevelopment on the other side of the road (not scooter friendly). Another protester lives within spitting distance of the new Ideal Org too... Actually, come to think of it, so do two others. And another. Damn.... heh :)

We are going to be keeping a very close eye on all of this, and we will be harpooning any planning applications as well as educating the locality around the org about the cult.

The Herald article states that they are going to keep their Ebrington Street org as an information centre when the Ideal Org opens. I take it that the only way they can do this is to ship in a few busloads of Sea Ogres?
  38. xenubarb Member

Wow, 5 June is today! Anybody go? Was thinkin it'd be fun to rent a room there, but...too late.
  39. Anonymous Member

Sadly no. We didn't get enough notice.

But we did just register PlymouthIdeal.Org as a website.
  40. Anonymous Member

Love the pic

I hope you don't mind. It is now the temporary splash page for http://plymouthideal.org :)