Customize

Picking Protest Dates for May, June, July, etc...

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by DeliciousCakeSF, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Picking Protest Dates for May, June, July, etc...

I was just wondering, since we usually vote for protest dates by consensus, if there was a reason we were picking certain dates over others (like April 12)?

I really liked the idea of picking a protest date that falls on an important date on the Scilon "holiday" (what a load of bullshit) calendar. I know that's how we came up with March 15.

So is there something like this in the works? Just wondering.
  2. AnonKiwi Member

Re: Picking Protest Dates for May, June, July, etc...

If you search for April and May dates as a threat title search you'll see how the dates were invented. April 12 has a meaning I forget (perhaps it's mother's day in the US? Or next to it). And May 10th is the day after the anniversary of "Book One", Dianetics, when Scilons like to par-tahy.

Please feel free to dig up dates for June and July tho! Closest Saturday seems best.
  3. GuyFux Member

I say for July 4th, us Amerifags should have OPERATION: FREEDOM, a protest against the Co$'s attempt to create theocracy in Clearwater and LA.
  4. A_sneeze Member

I guess this could use some nice attention.

*edit*

I should read better! Not april, later!
  5. Re: Picking Protest Dates for May, June, July, etc...

Hehehe.. So May 10th is the next day for us....

According to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_holidays June 7 would be Maiden Voyage Day and June 21 is Academy Day. I know they celebrate holidays on the weekends (lame). I think June 7 is the better day but I think we should ask the ex-Scns which days are better.
  6. D... Member

The best way to be totally ignored and not get any coverage at all is to pick a day that everyone's already doing other shit and the news is covering pretty lights in the sky.
  7. avatar2008 Member

THE PURPOSE OF A PROTEST DATE IS RAISING MAXIMUM AWARENESS OF ISSUE

Caps-lock aside, those should be the only considerations for dates.
    We have done this right in the past, Lisa McPherson's birthday, L'Ron's birthday, etc. Seeing a pattern? ;)

Example: 1st of May Labor Day maybe to highlight overworked conditions of those in Sea Org.
  8. GuyFux Member

What about the 3rd?