Customize

Pharma Industry

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BrainStorm, Feb 14, 2015.

1. failboat Member

"Study shows that everyone who needs to work for income is paid for doing his/her job. People may not be trust worthy since they are paid.
    Do not trust people to do their jobs! ABORT!"

What kind of world do you want, Brainstorm? What do you propose that we do to compensate scientists for their research? Do you expect us to distrust any source that is paid to produce the material that it produces?

Should we get all our news and science from people who work for free?

A lot of people think you are just a troll, and I am starting to believe them.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. BrainStorm Member

Sorry mate,
    but I don't really care what you or others here think.

You don't need to "interact" with me. I can be serious and I can also be chillout and have some fun.
    If you can't tell the difference... that's not my problem. No hard feelings on this side :)
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  3. failboat Member

I guess I have a problem with the more-enlightened-than-thou attitude you tend to cop when you exhort WWP users to listen to or read sources that have been debunked, or to watch videos from infowars or alex jones or other moonbat sources. You tend to have that same attitude when, in your posts, you attempt to discredit traditional information sources and accepted scientific principles.

When people show you up and demonstrate your ignorance, wrongness, or reliance on discredited sources, you hardly ever acknowledge, apologize, or recant.

BTW, I can't help but notice that you've never presented objective evidence/studies of traditional vs. non-traditional news sources and their effectiveness at reporting accurate news - mostly, you just talk shite about traditional media while posting non-traditional media, as opposed to actually posting evidence-based research showing that one is worse and one is better.

You could also use some brushing up with your grasp of numbers, if it is your intention to debate on matters regarding science or economics.

Overall, you're like a cancer to a scientifically-literate community - you are constantly promulgating false ideas and you refuse to be corrected or abashed even when the correct information/evidence is posted directly into your threads beneath your glaringly incorrect posts.
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Anonymous Member

Here's something really hideous: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/...ut-vaccines-with-bogus-miracle-bleach-enemas/

Parents trying to reverse kids’ autism by ‘flushing out’ vaccines with bogus ‘miracle’ bleach enemas

Tom Boggioni
    20 Feb 2015 at 13:26 ET

Parents seeking help with children with autism are turning to a “miracle” cure that involves giving the children enemas, using a dangerous industrial solution used for bleaching wood pulp.

According to If You Only News, parents have turned to Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS), containing sodium chlorite which is mixed with citric acid (i.e. orange juice) to make chlorine dioxide. According to the promoters, the solution, which can be taken orally or administered via an enema, can cure HIV, malaria, hepatitis, autism, acne, and cancer.

Miracle Mineral Solution is the brainchild of Jim Humble, who quit the Church of Scientology to form the Genesis II Church of Health & Healing in order to promote his “miracle” cure in Africa and Mexico.

The Food and Drug Administration disagrees with Humble’s claims and has posted a warning on their website calling the product “dangerous” and “potentially life threatening,” advising “drinking the amount recommended on product labels can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and symptoms of severe dehydration.”

[much more at the link... this probably warrants a thread in the public forum...]
    • Like Like x 2
  5. BrainStorm Member

It's funny because I could say the exact same thing, you reply like you are the master who knows everything.
    But you go even further and try to insult or reply with aggression. That is clearly not intended to be constructive, so I try to avoid answering.
    Infowars sucks? Instead of patronizing, tell me why you think it's bad.
    You seem to like confrontation and insulting others. But you took time to write this, so I guess I should respect that and try to answer the best way I can.

This is exactly what I mean about the aggression and insults. Apologize? Really? Why would I apologize to anyone who shows disrespect?
    I could have the same attitude and reply the same way you do, but I choose not to. I am not here to insult and throw stones at anyone.

Fair enough, but what is objective evidence to you? Research funded by a corporation?
    I will gladly debate on that, if it's a healthy discussion. I remember you replying something like "go back to school" ...you see the problem here?
    You've clearly made up your mind about me, and you try to be a bully of some sort. Can you understand what I mean about respect?

Because of a mistake with numbers you feel the need to insult?
    For me, the cancer is the lack of critical thinking. We are bombarded with one sided opinions, and you choose to have a close minded attitude.
    But that is fine, we all need to choose what sources to believe in. I am not going to insult you for having a different opinion.

If you want to discuss or ask me anything else, please send me a message. I like to debate and I hold no grudge against you.
    Have a good weekend.
    BrainStorm
    This message by BrainStorm has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  6. Anonymous Member

You can also continue to prove that you are an idiot but the evidence already supports that. Evidence, you ever heard of that? It doesn't come from stupid sites that run on the premise that because one person says so it must be right. Fuck science. Who needs that when Jenny McCarthy says it is so?

You don't actually believe what you're saying because that would make you a complete and utter tool with little or no grasp of scientific method.

I go with tool.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. White Tara Global Moderator

'Wait, wuts that you say Lassie, Brainstorm fell down a well of stupid and he cant get out?'.....
    'Well, Lassie sometimes shit happens, set the fucker to ignore and leave him there.'
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

29CJpS0.jpg

I... Just couldn't resist....
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Disambiguation Global Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  10. BrainStorm Member

I am sorry you guys feel the need to gang up to insult one user.
    This bully mentality will not intimidate me to stop posting.

Some even make the effort to go through all my posts to click dislike, which is just childish and irrelevant.
    You can dislike all you want, if this is an attempt to bully me away, you will have to just ban me instead.

...for some reason, I think that seems to be the end goal here.
    That is all I have to say.
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  11. Anonymous Member

U Came to the wrong neighbourhood.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  12. incog712 Member

Chewy domefood is chewy.

TBH, to at least a certain extent the visceral reaction to this thread is due to a past history of exceedingly shrill anti-vaxers that have come along before. It just gets old and sometimes that just means nuking the whole fucking thing when they begin to prop up again. It saves time that can be used more productively. There are plenty of forums that take delight in debating these kinds of issues endlessly, this just doesn't happen to be one of them.

If it weren't for vaccines and the herd immunity that they promote, some of the lucky ones among us might expect to lead reasonably healthy lives well into our forties. Without them, most of us could expect to die in all sorts of gruesome ways well before then, often not making it beyond childhood. That or just wind up spending most of our much shorter lifespans on the streets or warehoused in overcrowded sanitariums crippled and deformed.

Are vaccines 100% safe and free from nasty side effects? Absolutely not. Neither are injected sterile water placebos for that matter.

As for moonbattery and paranoia and FUD promoting web pages, in as much as they do represent a kind of reaction to the sort of corporate propaganda often exhibited by mainstream sources, they're quite often no better, though both types of sources do tend to get some things fairly right some of the time.

What's been exhibited in recent weeks is really nothing more than both sources taking advantage of irrational fears among the public to keep as many eyes focused on their product as possible. The Ebola epidemic in parts of NE Africa was (and to a reduced extent remains) scary to most people. It's a nasty evolving disease and as yet there is no vaccination against it. No sooner than the public's attention began to fade a few kids pick up the Measles at Disneyland and both the MSM and the Moonbats go back into high gear. The difference is that we do have a highly effective vaccination against the Measles which nearly iradicated the disease but now due to some lingering fears left over from the old Wakefield nonsense, that herd immunity is weakening.

Most likely you've already taken that vaccine or are old enough to have contracted and survived the disease itself (as do most Measles victims) before the vaccine was available. The same can be said for most of the population with the exception of near infants that are too young to accept the vaccine and are the most prone to suffering it's worst potential effects causing them to be the most dependent on herd immunity to keep them healthy and alive. That vaccine, as with most have been tremendously effective. If in the future a government panic crops up sounding alarms that we all need to get vaccinated for some potential pandemic and it's clear that that the vaccine in question has been rushed to market it may well be prudent to stand back and monitor the situation. If others that have made the same choice soon begin dropping like flies, reassess. If those that have taken the vaccine begin forming zombie armies, eating the brains of the infected, you win - sort of.
  13. Disambiguation Global Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  14. BrainStorm Member

Hey incog712,

I agree with most of what you wrote. And yes, I have been vaccinated for everything required, I am not against vaccination.
    Maybe I am being paranoid, but I have a natural inclination to question everything, which works well in my profession.

Also, like I mentioned before, I am probably one of the most biased persons here against pharma industry.
    My mother died because of it... more specifically, chemotherapy.
    This is not said to gain sympathy or pity, I probably shouldn't have said it here, but it's an attempt to explain my negative opinion/reaction towards pharma.

When I see so much advertising for MMR vaccines from Fox News and even Obama, I get ......itchy lol
    Thanks for answering in a respectful way, it is appreciated.
  15. White Tara Global Moderator

I am sorry about your mother, chemotherapy is rough on patients. Some can tolerate it quite well others succumb to the side effects as with radiotherapy. Around a quarter of brain tumor patients experience an unintended side effect called early onset radiation necrosis. In essence that which kills the residual post operative tumor also takes out healthy brain matter.

With a patient suffering a brain tumor it really is a case of potentially damned if you do damned if you don't. Having watched my mother succumb to this side effect, we considered it well worth taking the chance to try and save her. She would have died either way. Medical science is an ever evolving field, but they are not miracle workers.
  16. BrainStorm Member

What I am most enraged about chemotherapy is this:

http://puredca.com

If this is true... this is outrageous, to say the least.
    A strong motivation to be bias, at least for me.

While searching for that video on my bookmarks, I found this one also, if you have time to check:
  17. White Tara Global Moderator

To be quite frank if you wish to ignore mainstream media, this is the area to do so. Journalists are notorious among the medical fraternity for leaping on the, 'OMG. this new research/drug is gonna save the world' bandwagon. They will take the tiniest scintilla of evidence and conflate it into the discovery of penicillin. It causes much consternation for researchers and physicians alike.

If its truly valid it will get the funding from nonprofit cancer charities and govt. Trust me governments such as Canada. AU etc hate paying for the medical care of their cancerous voters :rolleyes:
  18. BrainStorm Member

This pure DCA treatment did get nonproft funding, if I am not mistaken.
  19. White Tara Global Moderator

20. White Tara Global Moderator

So lets see if human trial is effective shall we before we pass judgement on Chemo which for a lot of people is very much an effective treatment for the cancers assailing them. Remember I said earlier Medicine is ever evolving, very much a field of know better do better.
  21. White Tara Global Moderator

The trial is effevtivly to use DCA to starve the cancer cells of glucose, thereby weakening them so more traditional toxic drugs will be more effective at killing the cells off. So chemo will still be utilized in conjunction it seems. DCA will not it seems be the magical stand alone bullet that ends cancer I am afraid
  22. BrainStorm Member

Even so, it is not prescribed by doctors or talked about in the medical field in general.
    And I believe it is because it's a cheap drug (like they mention on the DCA link/video)
    How many ppl die of cancer because they are told chemotherapy is the only treatment?

That is the outrage that drives me,
    probably the biggest reason that motivated me for entrepreneurship.
  23. White Tara Global Moderator

It is unproven yet, hence the need for human trials, ergo its not yet prescribed. Only the most insane doctor on earth would prescribe an unproven remedy on his patients to treat their cancer. That or criminally minded. Or mayhaps a Scientologist? IT HAS ONLY BEEN TESTED AND SHOWN TO HAVE PROMISE IN MICE.

The link a couple posts back indicates a human trial is being undertaken in a major teaching hospital, and affiliated surrounding hospitals, how much more mainstream do you wanna get?

Here it is again in case you missed it;
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-27/cancer-drug-trial-to-start-in-canberra/5842910
  24. BrainStorm Member

Yes, medication is not made available legally without clinical trials, that is what they did, that is why it is legal.
    They have done more than test in mice. The link you are referring to is from another hospital, another country and a more recent clinical trial.

The one I talk about is from 2011 or earlier. I am not saying one trial is more valid than the other.
    Just that they have done the trials before, they have produced the medication for legal use and anyone can buy it legally.
    (although it might depend on the country ofc lol)
  25. White Tara Global Moderator

I found you the perfect article as to why not yet. :) Small trials are small aren't they.
    http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2010/05/12/potential-cancer-drug-dca-tested-in-early-trials/

Please read this, its as if it was written for you.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. White Tara Global Moderator

27. White Tara Global Moderator

28. BrainStorm Member

I think this will always end up on the choice of whom to believe in.
    Any Cancer Research institute, in my opinion, has a much higher chance of being financed by big pharma.
    A medication that was funded by people, families of cancer patients, is more trustworthy.
    (this is what I believe in)

In my opinion, you cannot compare the side effects of DCA with the effects of chemotherapy.
    Who knows, maybe it's a huge scam and I am a moron for believing in it.
    Even though I don't agree, I respect your opinion/choice.
  29. White Tara Global Moderator

If as you yourself suggested earlier that big pharma were not interested in trialling/funding it because its unprofitable for them, then why would you think that cancer councils and govt funding are covers for big pharma funding plox?
  30. White Tara Global Moderator

If it were big Pharma trying to undermine the accuracy of the trials, its all there in black and white in meticulously recorded clinical results. It would never have proceeded to this scale of clinical trial in Canberra if it did not hold promise.
  31. White Tara Global Moderator

32. White Tara Global Moderator

Correction on my part the trial in Canberra is on a select group of patients so is also smallish, my guess would be softly softly catchy monkey approach which is natural to the very cautious (and understandably so) medical profession.
  33. BrainStorm Member

tenpenny.jpg
    Does anyone know if Dr. Tenpenny is a reliable source?
    I just heard about her, so I am trying to figure out who the fck is she or who she works for.

...I will do some research also.
    BrainStorm
    This message by BrainStorm has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  34. White Tara Global Moderator

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-01-07/who-is-anti-vaccination-campaigner-sherri-tenpenny/6004490

Pfft Oesteopath, you would really like her I am sure. Why dont you just join a anti vaxxer forum somewhere, seriously?

• Like Like x 2
  35. BrainStorm Member

BrainStorm
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  36. White Tara Global Moderator

Oh no I love the topic I find moonbattery fascinating yet horrifying at the same time.
    • Like Like x 5
  37. BrainStorm Member

Tell me what is a Vaccine court, since you seem to be so interested in the subject.
    BrainStorm
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  38. White Tara Global Moderator

The Vaccine court offers compensation in the rare instances when injury or death occurs as a side effect of the vaccination within a tiny tiny proportion of the population. This in and of itself helps protect and encourage continuing herd immunity from scare campaigns and conspiracy theorists.

I do so love a table
    http://www.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensation/statisticsreport.pdf
    Interesting, my favourite table appears at the top. It shows me that of the 320 million people in the united states only 633 claims for compensation were made to the Vaccines Injury Compensation Program (vaccine court) in the fiscal year 2014. I kinda like me them odds compared to the likelihood of injury or death resulting from any of the diseases we are given a fighting chance against through vaccinations.
    • Like Like x 3
  39. White Tara Global Moderator

Severe Complications

Some people may suffer from severe complications, such as pneumonia (infection of the lungs) and encephalitis (swelling of the brain). They may need to be hospitalized and could die.
    • As many as one out of every 20 children with measles gets pneumonia, the most common cause of death from measles in young children.
    • About one child out of every 1,000 who get measles will develop encephalitis (swelling of the brain) that can lead to convulsions and can leave the child deaf or with intellectual disability.
    • For every 1,000 children who get measles, one or two will die from it.
    Measles may cause pregnant woman to give birth prematurely, or have a low-birth-weight baby.
    http://www.cdc.gov/measles/about/complications.html
    Liking those odds better and better for myself and my children.
    • Like Like x 4
  40. Ogsonofgroo Member

Um yeh right, durrr, I've yet to see you post anything resembling actually looking up shit.

Like so many trolls before you, you make the mistake of trying too hard to find things to distract us with, and offer so very little to the anon community here except utter boredom. Face a simple fact, if you want to go blither around about vaccines, conspiracies, and other stupid shit for which already exists thousands of other sites, and you come here with your attitude and flips as such, you really are in the wrong place, Go and fucking do some more reading silly person. Folks here have been pretty civil thus far, but I suspect you are pretty clueless and people either are feeling sorry for you or you have succeeded in creating some sort of diversionary confusion. Have you even read the noobie intro threads evun? Do you have any comprehension of what this site is about? Imho, if you did you'd stfu for a while and get educated a tad.
    Until then, stfu and diaf for a while. Post some kittehs, post some of your own observations on the cult of scientology, or, and probably the suggestion I haz, go sock up in the dome and get yer jollies there.
    You're merely a small brain-fart at the moment, and too often smell bad, honestly.

iyi.
    • Like Like x 4