Customize

Petition the obama administration to deny co$

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by Ωmega, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Ωmega Member

I can activate this petition at petitions.whitehouse.gov, wanted to make sure the wording is correct and have a heads up for people to get ready to sign it.

They have a goal requirement that's about one month from the day I publish it to get 25,000 signatures or more (must be in the USA). You have to register at that site to sign the petitions.

Should I change anything or should I publish this and post the link?
  2. anonymous612 Member

What's the text of the petition?

Also, guarantee this will be one the response will sidestep as violating terms of service.
  3. Quentinanon Member

I don't think any action will occur in an election year even if the petition gets enough signatures.
  4. Anonymous Member

have any of those petitions been acted on?
  5. anonymous612 Member

IIRC there have been some petitions that got a "We're already looking into/working on this."
  6. amaX Member

yeah, we already went through this Obama petition thing. nothing happened.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Ωmega Member

the text is in the quote below simply stated.

Next.....
    Im not sure where your going with that... :confused:
  8. Ωmega Member

Then lets petition him to act on the petitions. :rolleyes:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. amaX Member

i'll get right on that.
  10. Anonymous Member

If Obama realized what a fifth-column, terrorist threat Scientology was, there'd be drone flying to Gold Base right now.
  11. Anonymous Member

email_petition_header_650x100.jpg

Why We Can't Comment on this Petition about the Church of Scientology
    Thank you for signing the petition "EXAMINE THE GOVERNMENT'S FAILURE TO INVESTIGATE AND PROSECUTE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY CRIME, FRAUD AND ABUSE." We appreciate your participation in the We the People platform on WhiteHouse.gov.

The We the People Terms of Participation explain that "the White House may decline to address certain procurement, law enforcement, adjudicatory, or similar matters properly within the jurisdiction of federal departments or agencies, federal courts, or state and local government." The Department of Justice is charged with investigating federal crimes and enforcing federal criminal laws. Accordingly, the White House declines to comment on the specific law enforcement matter raised in this petition.

Check out this response on We the People.
    Stay Connected
    Stay connected to the White House by signing up for periodic email updates from President Obama and other senior administration officials.

The White House • 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW • Washington, DC 20500 • 202-456-1111

12. Anonymous Member

^^^Response a previous similar attempt. Not trying to discourage you, just wanted you to see the wording of their reason for dismissing it.
  13. Ωmega Member

Denying tax-exempt would have nothing to do with what they are declining to comment on.
  14. Ωmega Member

In this message they are diplomatically saying to contact "The Department of Justice" or petition them about this matter because they can not comment on that matter. Most of the time when they decline comment there could be an ongoing investigation which any comment could result in a compromise of an investigation.
    OR! They could be useless and not want to deal with it...
  15. Ωmega Member

Digging into a petition for denying tax-exempt for co$'s as a religion, I think the best place to start is Congress...
  16. anonymous612 Member

Well, I don't mean to be rude, but that's ridiculous. Look at some of the other petitions. You can't just rely on a title and one sentence to explain your cause any more than you could make a forum thread with an empty OP and expect to have any success.

You've failed to explain why Scientology is not a religion. They will reject it on the grounds of not discriminating against religion.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. anon walker Moderator

White House declined this one and the cannabis one in favor of soft serves it could handle. Real impressive. That's when hope started draining away for me and I got cynical about Obama.
  18. Ωmega Member

I have a better petition that may make some people mad but does abide by The First Amendment of the United States Constitution. It is as followed.

19. anonymous612 Member

You haven't explained how it violates the First Amendment. You just pasted in a quote. You didn't reference any tax codes (and I suspect you didn't even check them). And again, far, far too succinct. You have to write for someone who knows nothing about Scientology, not someone who already has years of research on the subject.

Compare to these petitions:
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...tion-drugs-safe-international-online/FQp9Q9HJ
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...umbus-day-national-indigious-holiday/hJGpvd0P
  20. Ωmega Member

Your right! ones I figured out what that first statement meant its hopeless to use that type of wording.

I'm over that petition crap. Screw it! have some one else do it. But I bet its not going to work.
  21. Anonymous Member

atta boy.

you learned in a day how useless obama is
  22. Ωmega Member

Isn't having federal laws forced on the states or people unconstitutional if the people or states do not want to validate those laws?
  23. anonymous612 Member

Not when the federal laws are preventing the states themselves from violating the constitution...

More seriously, no. Well. It's not...popular. But it's allowed. Sometimes. Although you'll see a lot of tea party etc folks claiming it's not. There is a limit to how much freedom the Feds actually have to let you have, though. If Arizona passes a law saying that women don't get to speak in public, and the feds have a law that says they can, the feds are going to strike down the state law in an instant.
  24. Ωmega Member

But wasn't the constitution made by the states/people for the congress to follow and wasn't it meant to give each state their individuality?
  25. anonymous612 Member

There are some levels of "individuality" that prevent government as a whole from functioning.