Customize

Petition Against the Iranian Crackdown

Discussion in 'Promote The Cause' started by Ralim, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Ralim Member

Avaaz.org, an international global web movement with the aim of giving the people a voice (hence "Avaaz"), has begun a petition against the crackdowns on the Iranian protests with the aim of reaching 1 million signatories. Please take a look for yourself:

Iran: Stop the Crackdown

It has reached 16 000+ signatures in the past hour. It's worth a try.

For those skeptical, here's what it says:

Iran: Stop the Crackdown
    Regardless of who won the election, the hearts and hopes of the world are with the democratic protesters of Iran as they face a violent crackdown.

Top Iranian leaders are divided on using violence -- we urgently need a united international community, led by non aligned and Muslim countries, to speak with one voice against the crackdown.

Sign the petition below, and forward this email to friends and family -- let's build a massive global outcry of 1 million voices against the crackdown:

To the Organization of Islamic Conference, the Non-Aligned Movement, and all UN member states:

As citizens of Iran and countries around the world united in common appeal, we call on you to condemn the violent crackdown on peaceful Iranian protesters, and withhold recognition of any new government until the Iranian people's rights to peaceful protest, justice and democratic process are protected.

I guess every little bit counts.
  2. now there is over 25,000 signatures, and i just signed it. i've been signing and passing on petitions left and right over the last several days. I pray to God it is effective. Hang in there, Iran, we are with you!
  3. Ralim Member

Nearly 100 000 now. It's amazing how fast the petitions for Iran fill up.
  4. I signed it after donating on their site. Almost 160,000 signatures now!